Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Avoiding the user to start the game through the client

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
One solution is command parameters... But they are tricky. You should make your launcher identify the game.exe, otherwise I could simply write an app to print the command parameters and then I would know how to launch your game directly.
And if the parameter passed was different every time, and game.exe would only accept the correct parameter... not just any odd one of the random ones you've captured before?

How? By encrypting the RTC of the local machine. If it's locked down to a fixed time, I believe PT misbehaves anyway. :wink:

Again, the problem is that your encryption routine will be in Java, and therefore easily decompilable and reversible. :(

Besides, you do need to use Olly to make the modification to game.exe, but I don't honestly see any way to avoid that. :\

Imri Persiado
Reaction score
The goal is to avoid the average user to use the game.exe, if I will be able to block 80% of my players to use the game.exe that would be a great start.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The goal is to avoid the average user to use the game.exe, if I will be able to block 80% of my players to use the game.exe that would be a great start.
You think you have 100% hackers? If 2% of players who are hackers can do it, they will release their hack to 80% of players who can't, and you have achieved nothing. That's just the way it works.

People who want to join a Minecraft server without paying for "Premium" don't work out how to pass unqualified username and password to minecraft.jar, they look for a patched launcher which doesn't check in with the Mojang web auth server, and there are plenty of those going around. (because it's Java, and modding Mincraft requires you to know how to decompile and de-obfuscate Java, which is [as can be seen from the number of Minecraft mods] very trivial)

That's what you're up against. You need 100% complete security before you release, because if you release at 99%, the hacks that work on that can easily be modified to cover the last 1% you missed, and if one person can do it, they will share what they have done.

Hackers are far more charitable than PT Server devs. That's a big reason we are constantly loosing. :p

Back