Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Bizarre error with Bpt files..

Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
I tried to install yesterday the Bpt official client, and it just closes when i am choosing a sub-server.. out of nowhere... And then i tried to run my home's client+server, and it happened the same weird error.. the game closes out of nothing on the selection screen.. it is not like the game crashed, because it did not show any error messages.. it just closes.. very weird..

But if i delete or uninstall this client, my client returns to work fine..

Very strange..

Any hints?

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
[Tag] please Fox? [Help] or [Discussion] perhappse? I'm not sure how you intend the thread to be.

Rapidly terminate the game client before damage can be done is the normal reaction of XTrap, and other protection systems. I would guess it's some watchdog process the launcher has initiated. Check with a good deep task manager, like Process Explorer. Don't athenticate *any* game for administrative privaledge. (or browser, or anything which runs full screen or uses internet access) Doing so opens root access to your system to internet remote control, and means you are happy to give your computer and any personal information on it to any old tramp on the street... that's how little you care.

With that in mind, Process Explorer can be authenticated and therefore have a higher security level than any BS the game tries to kick off. It can see what the launcher and client fire off and when (if ever) those watchdog tasks close. If they are still active when you start your private client, they will try to secure them in the same way.

Reaction score
Yeah! I had this same problem a while ago.

For me there was something screwy with vormavs fps fix.
Removed it, restarted computer, put it back and it ran fine.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
XTrap would probably consider such DLL Injection malicious. DLLs do no unload when you close the last process that used them, but are cached in memory so that the next process which requests it will get that, rather than checking the system path.

Vormavs' DLL replaces the system DLL by being closer in the search path than the default system one, and the cheapest XTrap disabler only continues normally if XTrap DLLs are not found. So, if you start BPT, having already run your Vormav FPS patched client since the last full reboot, it's quite likely his FPS DLL will be loaded into it, causing XTrap to get upset. If you then run your client, and it requests XTrap DLLs, the OS will load the cached versions from BPT without looking at the filesystem, because it's already got it cached.

Worse still, Vista and 7 (and probably 8, as I've heard no new information there) can keep "frequently used" DLLs cached in the hybernation file, even when doing a full reboot to speed the boot up process. :(

May explain a lot?

If XTrap doesn't hate on it, you could do with isolating different PT installs with something like Sandboxie.

Reaction score
look like a Graph problema.
try do it :
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager
ExcludeFromKnownDlls = ""
AND RESTART your cpu
=P

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Xtrap is strange thing... why does it allow injecting system dll like gdi32.dll from client folder in first place... that a huge security flaw/weakness IMHO.
I don't think typical "sandbox" app will work with Xtrap but there is a AV (COMODO) that have built in sandbox that would let you run PT without disabled Xtrap in a sandbox. I'm using it to test clients that where sent to me by "untrusted" forum members lol

PS. If anyone would like to blame something than I suggest themida ;)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I suspected Themida issues too. Yes, they've moved user control of it to the premium edition now, but Avast has a VM Sandbox too. It still kicks in automatically with suspicious executables in the free version, but you can no longer say "Always run this in the Sandbox" unless you pay them now. It worked on PT, without Themida.

HD

Back