Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Change drop rate in several files faster

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, I've been using sunnyz realese of pristontale, and its all working really good.

My problem is tho that ive changed some low lvl items to the best wepons, and i dont want them to drop by the low lvl monsters. I know i can sit and check every monster and remove the drop id of the item, but if u guys know a faster way I would love to know! Like is there any way to remove the drop from all the monster so i can just give the drops to the mobs i would like to drop them?

Thx:)

Reaction score
Re: Need help!

You can use to do a find and replace text search through all files in a particular folder.

Just point it to your Monster folder "\GameServer\Monster"

Plug in what word you wan t to find, and then what word you want to replace it with, leave blank if you just want it removed completly.

powew56 - Change drop rate in several files faster - RaGEZONE Forums

Hit 'replace in files'

It will tell you how many occurrences of the word has been changed.

Then you can check a file at random to see that wa101 has been replaced with BLABLABLABLA

If you want to know exactly what files, and where in the file the text is located,
You can hit "Find All" and it will pump out a list for you.

Last edited:
Over rock and under tree
Reaction score

@Sunny: That is a lovely feature..
And, by the way.. do you know this song?:

@Powew: I know that some servers come with some tools that do things like that.. But you can do the way SunnyZ told that it will be just fine also :).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Thank you sunny! It works perfect!

Now there are some things that is not working :/ the clan master, the music, and is it possible to delte the MPT Letters above the warehouse keeper in ric? thx again :)

Reaction score

Be sure to change every IP in the hotuk to your own. The clan master will work then.
You can create clan, disband clan, add clan members, click clan members.
You just might get error 60 or something when making a clan, but it will still work.

As for the map, you are free to use the original ricarten map if you are unhappy with the one this version of the game comes with.

@ScreamingFox
Yeah haha nice song, however, this is my fave :p

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

lol I was gonna say, something like:-
Code:
sed * s/wa101/ && sed * s/,,/,
XD Effectively the same as notepad++ method, but from the GNU Stream EDitor, SED.

Original SMD maps from KPT/JPT are part of PPT (one of it's reasons for being) so you're welcome to take village.smd from that. (I think that's what the file is called? Something like that, probably Village-2)

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

What do you mean? I mean what I say, and I can't think how to say it more plainly. Unless you are oblivious to the existance of and a web search hadn't occured to you. Or do you not know my PPT release and, or cannot find it in the releases section?

What don't you get?

Also; what is the topic of this thread please? "Need help?" is not an appropriate title, and I should really action it. I'd rather one of us changed it to something suitable, but we seem to have strayed from the initial question. :\

Back