Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Community spirit - "Off Topic"

Should this become a permenant - sticky - feature of the PT Development section?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
Re: Exporting .ASE with 'Physique'

@Sheen: I went to the dentist today after work, so just now i will return to the routine of 'learning' about armors.. I've seen you talking about other games armors, i think you might be mistaking me for somebody else, remember my first creation for pt was that thespian shield a couple of months ago, rz was my first development forum ever. It really saddens me about people just taking stuff from other games and putting it on pt, but, as Bobsobol stated, "if you don't want it, don't buy it.." and as you probably sheen (XD), i did not took any item from any game (just the babel weapon, but thats just a pt weapon indeed), i took some inspiration from the priston artwork for sure, and did some other stuff that i liked (the trident or hammer, etc..), but i am kind of against of simply taking items from other games and putting it on pt. Even though if you consider things like that a traditional rpg claymore is basically the 'titan sword', and claymore-like swords from other games would resemble 'titan sword'.. but you can't say both would be the same sword.. So, ripping from one game and putting on another is not what i intend to do.

And don't be projective with this 'br' routine. Its not about fostering laziness, its about sharing knowledge, i think even you would agree that would be better to see those crazy servers with really new armors, instead of 're-textures'. (i giggled a bit with the wings xd.. no i do not want to make wings XD). Sometimes a person can model good stuff but just don't know the exact parameters to put it on priston, if i could make a tutorial about all the items, i think it would have a good impact.

And about those other games you mentioned, i haven't ever played those. I played Diablo before priston, and, before that, i played Prince of Persia 2 =D

@Bob,Vormav,Sungam3d: Will keep trying here XD..

Staff member
Reaction score

I didnt take any items from any pserver, as i dont have a pserver :) sharing knoledge, there is certain things thats better to keep for urself. as i do, sharing only with bob, like my c++ works to see his opinion, cos i know if everybody put their hands on stuff like that, pt will go just crazy. but u do what u want, i do not seek for glory, therefore i have no reason to share all i know. take sandurr as example. imagine if he shared all the stuff he knows. pt would just colapse.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I disagree. I share almost everything. The most significant thing I haven't shared was the sound system replacement... and that's largely because, by the time I had stopped developing, I had forgotten most of where I started. (didn't work very modular or organised, so the technique wasn't portable to other clients executable)

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Keep up the good work ScreamingFox, I know your work is undisputed your own, from start to finish. :D:

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

@ScreamingFox
I would do it myself, I was planing to after I finish my mod (showing how to add armor, gloves etc.) but I still working on it, I was sick and I just pick it up where I left it.
If you finish it I will be excused from doing this tutorial :)

@SheenBR
I also disagree,

take sandurr as example. imagine if he shared all the stuff he knows. pt would just colapse.

Than rPT might have less players and other servers bit more.
There would be more similar servers...
However official servers would stand unchanged.

But Imagine if official server would allow players to do those changes.
They would say nice mod we will add it to server, here is some equivalent for it: in game items, in game money, cash shop money, real money etc.

Server like that would get bigger and better +its official server!
I don't need to be open source and yet still let others do changed.
This would encourage players to share they talents and yet no company evener done it before.

I said it many times and I will say it once more, BEST MODS ARE ALWAYS DONE BY PLAYERS!

It is something I will never understand, for example modern games are not for gamers anymore. Funnies thing is that shooters like modern something warfare is "playable" on gamepad... shooter on gamepad... give ma a break, no give me mouse and I will prove my point :)

SheenBR I think that you should infect yourself with virus named "from players to players" ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Over rock and under tree
Reaction score

@Sheen: Maybe you are a little confused with some ideas , intelligent people tend to to that from time to time.. Last night after posting what i wrote, i kept thinking of that concept (of sharing knowledge).. i listened to soft early reggae and rocksteady, and then deeply meditated on this subject. Very much like you can perceive, in your mind, the paths of the codes throughout the computer's memory, i delved through the history, only focusing this particular behavior (sharing knowledge) and its opposite. I could see finally that this particular behavior (the sharing of knowledge) can be really the cornerstone of humanity. So, this behavior is much like an fiery seed of life, and those who share relevant knowledge, on the absence of this illusionary glory, shall certainly make the personified doubt to tremble. But then , those who conceal every discovery they made, trying to establish an elite based on the knowledge, working an elusive thus illusionary glory of being the only one that can do certain things.. a person like that walks side by side with the death, and the ostracism of the volition.

Imagine if the first man to plant food would not had 'fostered the lazyness' of others, we would still be struggling against the cro-magnons/neanderthals :X..

If i wanted 'glory' i would not be asking, much like a child, lots of questions about those armors. The nick i use has no resemblance to my real name, even if you really crazily liked something i did, you would never thank me in person, "you don't know who i am", and people in the street wouldn't stop me ask me autographs because i hypothetically could do armors.. I want to do this because i like modeling, thats so very simple, i don't want to kill pt as you have said.

@Vormav: I changes a few things on the new biped (now i linked selecting vertexes an adding them to links, instead of editing envelopes/bulges). I opened a converted (mech) .ase and copied some stuff (the 'scene' and 'material' parameters), and now the game is giving me a different error, instead of just closing the game, its getting a 'DC - like' error, and after leaving the game, doesn't show any 'game.exe' messages (at least xd)...

But now when i try to log with the ata, i get a DC xd.. Maybe i can erase the armor from the char using that "CU(MASTER ID)", and then i'll try again =D

(what would i have to edit on the exported .ase , so it would work on priston?)

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

While this topic has gotten a little derailed (I'll either split it, or move these off to the OT Discussion thread when it settles down) I'd like to share this Lecture / Speech by with you all.

This speaker is a renowned scholar and author, best known for his work with the Mises Institute of Austrian Economics. He's understandably more "capitalist" than my own perspective on the world, and yet he expertly argues that Intellectual Property laws including Copyright, Patent and DRM are counter productive, even in an ultra-Capitalist society.

In that sense, I fully agree with him. I think his lecture is probably more palatable to the majority of people than those that appeal more to me. It also proves that you don't have to be "anti-capitalist" to see that IP (in any form) is a means of stifling human progression, and absolutely counter to all human instinct.

I will accept the point that if you do everything for someone, or always have everything done for you, there is no "learning". That's why I prefer guides to releases. But that's a difference between tying your kids shoe laces, and teaching them to tie their own shoes. :wink: (Actually, constantly releasing massively modified and customised servers is more like buying them Reeboks with Velcro :(:)

I am also pretty sure that official PT developers do take notice of discussions on this forum, because they introduced a monster (I don't remember what they called it now) which looks like a treasure chest, just a few months after I was discussing making monsters drop less items (where does a Hopie hide a Polearm on his person?) and have a rare spawn treasure chest which is not difficult to kill, but drops most of the actual gear.

The idea of Treasure chests with legs and teeth which fight back also came up in the discussion, re. a Dungeons and Dragons "Mimic", ( ) which recurs in many fantasy fictions including Terry Pratchets Disc World "Luggage" (Mystically bound to it's owner, bottomless, intelligent and and highly defensive of both it's master and it's content, made from the wood of a sentient tree) and the Dungeon Siege II. (where mimics are mundane chests bound a daemon by Mages in order to animate them such that they will guard their contents from thieves)

Over rock and under tree
Reaction score

@Bobsobol: If you could move just the philosophical content to the proper area, i think it would be good indeed. Sheen's disdain couldn't offset my obstinacy , in fact it had the opposite effect , since i could weight the results of releasing a guide with functional bipeds, etc.. and return to the trying attempts with the conviction that i will make it, and its just a matter of time/effort , and it is very comforting indeed. Hah i liked very much that he compared 'the idea' to the fire, since i compared 'the sharing' to a "fiery seed" :lol:

@SheenBr: Sorry i couldn't see the goodness behind your thoughts at first , Jung once wrote that the unconsciousness is the unknown that affects you (and that the human communication have 4 paths and 8 directions, between 2 collocutors , considering conscious and unconscious). Since you are a 'br', you descend directly from Loki , and for good or evil, my feeble southern mind couldn't ever see clearly the end results from the wise actions of The Trickster , Hypostasis of the Righteous. I meant that the very life force within you disagree with your alledged point of view, and unconsciously moves you to situations where you would learn a bit. Certainly you will savor retroactive effects from sharing knowledge, sometimes personal and sometimes collective .You can even live for a hundred years, or more XD

I'll play (some early reggae/ska and Brazilian "samba rock") on a soundsystem today in a slum community (today is the Children's day in Brazil), and later (around midnight) i'll travel to Peru, so i will be 'off' (ok certainly i'll bring the laptop along XD) some days. Maybe i even get some inspiration to do some maps or monsters or even items XD (Inca style hohoho =D).. So, i'll see you all in a couple of days , hugs =D

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
My motherboard broke and I can't afford to replace it yet. Back to ½Gig RAM, single core and XP for a while...

Damn, even YouTube doesn't work properly. Wahhhhhh! :'(

--- EDIT ---
I can't really watch them right now, but I missed some crucial 80's OHWs. XD

A few hits in quick succession, but this is the first and most memorable.

Apparently rising popularity thrown away after this track, but this one was his debit in my country.

Amazingly, I can't find the video. (which was pretty cool as I recall)

Actually, several hit singles from one hit album.

Actually, also more than "one" hit, but most where covers or Xmas specials. (I could go on forever with those, and most supermarkets seem to every year XD) This is what Shaky is remembered for, I think. :D:

As for Cindi Lauper, yes, "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" but more importantly:-

Or "Time After Time" IDK, too many good hits, kinda like forgetting everything by Olivia Newton-John except "Physical". XD
And if Grease wasn't proof enough:-

(if you are too young to remember, ELO is, of course, the Electric Light Orchestra :lol: also far more than a "one hit wonder")

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Can we somehow use RZ downloads?
I'm not sure how this works but this is cure for missing links @_@

Battlefield 4 trailer:

IMHO textures have low quality :)

And 4chan gifs compilation
!

Nothing new but I didn't seen one for long time :D

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
4CHAN? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUU

You are a curious guy, arent you?
Stop clicking here!
NEVA CLICK

mpc - Community spirit - "Off Topic" - RaGEZONE Forums

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Someone needs to feed the kid at the front to the guy behind him. XD

Also, the reason Windows is so popular is that Microsoft "gave it away for free" with every new PC.
Actually a they gave a massive subsidy to PC manufacturers which still exists to a much lesser extent, called OEM. I purchased Windows 3.0 for one PC at £18, but got it free with the other. OEMs (original equipment manufacturers) paid for a single license to ship DOS and Windows 3.0 with every new PC they sold and encouraged them to market this as a "free" copy of Windows with the new PC. IDK what they paid then and, probably, neither do they. It was a "call your sales rep for a quote" thing... but I know it must have been a pittance, because you couldn't build a PC with the cheapest parts and no OS for what even small PC manufacturers where selling them at, and still making massive profits.
As for the batch file... it wouldn't work, for so many reasons. But then, Windows didn't acquire the "System32" folder till NT3, Win32s(for Windows 3.1) and Windows 95... by which time, Microsoft was already pretty old, having switched Altair BASIC from a freeware to a paid product over a decade previous. ^_^ (1990 = , 1975 = ... yes, that was how they originally wrote the company name :wink:)
mpc - Community spirit - "Off Topic" - RaGEZONE Forums

Troll-cat loves to start fights.
--- EDIT ---
I don't want to find out how many assemblies and COM registrations actually break if you tried that Batch file BTW... I'm just saying it probably isn't as disastrous as you might think. Especially if you have UAC enabled (to some extent) and / or keep System Restore points. ^_^

I suspect that "guide" is re-written from the days of Win9x, where adding those lines to C:\AUTOEXEC.BAT would indeed render Windows useless, and return you to the good old days of DOS. :D:

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I love those scientific conferences, maybe they will find life on Europa, Jupiter's moon :D

Staff member
Reaction score
I have seen a lot of documentaries about Europa, but all I've seen is that the water was frozen, and just signs of rivers that once existed.

even if they found water, liquid, what would that change? Jupiter is too far away for any of us go. and like in that movie, 2012, only the most powerfull and the richiest people would be able to buy a ticket to live in Europa if earth was about to collapse (which I dont think it'll take too long btw.)

Back