Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Community spirit - "Off Topic"

Should this become a permenant - sticky - feature of the PT Development section?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I would hope for some very primitive life forms. If life could evolve in this extreme environment than we might find some other life forms closer than we where thinking. That would be awwwwwwwesome :D

Here you go review of that crappy movie 2012 :)

Part 1

Part 2

Nothing better than pointing out plot holes ;)

Staff member
Reaction score
that movie is ridiculous indeed. lol

and I do belive in life out of earth. I mean, mathematically speaking, the probabilitty is huge.

We have A LOT of possibilities ( a lot of planets ).

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So the entire 2 part review is "
502 Bad Gateway

nginx/1.0.6
502 Bad Gateway

nginx/1.0.6"
That's a really helpful review!.. Naht!

I don't like the earlier video either. It's massively dumbed down. I was taught in secondary school chemistry that you cannot refer to a substance simply as "ice" since ice is a state, not a substance. For example, the normal state of iron on earth is as a frozen solid, or ice. So it's fair to say that most nuts, bolts and nails are made of ice. (ferric ice, to be more precise)

What is the chemical composition of this "ice", and if it is essentially, predominantly H²O then "the interaction between ice and water" you are talking about is actually an "interaction between water and water", at which point you have dumbed down what you are saying to the point where you are no longer saying anything at all. We have to assume you are referring to an interaction between frozen water and liquid water.

However, we know that polar ice caps flow as though they where liquid over a much more extended period of time. If there is no influence from animals and atmospheric disturbance, there would be no way of knowing that these movements and the geological effects they produce where made by frozen water over a long period of time, rather than liquid water over a relatively short period of time.

So... are we now talking about frozen water and more frozen water? Or possibly frozen pure water and frozen water with higher concentrations of diluted salts? At this point, I don't know. There is not empirical 2 million year + scientific earth bound study into how such interactions may occur.

When scientists start making grand claims about understanding what they see in situations like this, I tend to think you would get more reliable answers by pressing your hands together and closing your eyes. At least that guy was around to watch it happen, even if his answers tend to be a bit cryptic. :eek:tt1:

The difference between water being frozen and water being liquid, or even gaseous is non-existent from the point of view of looking for, or looking to seed micro-organisms. Earth bound microbes can be seen to live and breed both in extreme sub-zero temperature waters and liquids way above boiling point.

The important factor is "water". This is what is also interesting about the river beds and frozen underground water of Mars. Carbon based organic life on earth requires water and carbon to exist, and light to fuel growth and multiplication.

Frozen microbes could well be in a state of hibernation, and therefore be "awakened" with a simple warming. This could tell us a lot about the decline of a previously living world and allow us to make better predictions about potential future events on our own.

Seeding micro-organisms on a completely dead world could eventually create a self-sustaining habitable world from a presently dead one. The self-propagating factors of life it's self mean that any biomass will attempt to both adapt and survive in the environment it finds it's self, and adapt that environment to one more suited to it's existence.

If you take Mars as an example, it is highly suited to plant life, but couldn't sustain organisms larger than microbes at present. If enough could be introduced and adapt to it's present condition, they would begin to consume the carbon-monoxide atmosphere and excrete carbon-dioxide, and possibly repair the missing radiation shielding layer from the Martian atmosphere, allowing temperatures to become more temperate and providing possibilities for animal life.

However, that process would also take millions of years, and is not likely to be of any benefit to us. I believe, Sheen, that you are correct in thinking that we, this civilisation, will not live to see any such thing come to pass.

What would be more interesting to this culture is iron deposits, and the possibility of collapsed biomass on now dead worlds.

Former oceans filled with even microbial life forms will probably now have decomposed into oils and gasses. If they can be harvested and returned to us profitably, they would provide a much needed transfusion for our presently failing industrial culture. :wink: In that scenario, the hostile living conditions off-world will be populated by a distinctly "blue collar" population in order the fuel the comfortable existence of the elites back on our home-world. ^_^

In fact, a significant find may even give me more hope for the potential sustainability of this way of life. Because if we could maintain our space programs (heavily fossil fuel dependant, not only for the journey but the energy that drives the machinery which constructs these vessels) then there may be a slight hope that we could perfect alternate, and quite possibly space bound energy harvesting technologies.

Nuclear, and solar energy abound outside our safe atmospheric confines... but harnessing and transporting those energies to a place and form we can utilise them is still quite beyond us.

I am now convinced it will still be beyond us when our fossil fuel resources are completely depleted, and no amount of renwable or even nuclear energy will allow us to continue forging metals, replace oil based plastics, paints and polymers or even fuel recycling projects for any practical period of time. :*:

A successful off-world fossil fuel mining expedition is one of the few things which might give me hope for a way out of the dead end we are heading towards. But we'd have to recognise it for the "hail Mary" that is, and use it to get off this oil crack addiction our culture currently has. :wink:

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Now that is possibly the most beautiful music video you have posted, to my ear. :lol:

The video depicts a massive wealth split before the end which I hope will not come to pass. The "soldiers" could not support their cloths and arms without the resources we currently have. There will be no kevlar vests and helmets, and no metal (or Glock style polymer substances) for chemical propellant weapons. No "rubber" for the soles of army boots even. ^_^

I suspect we should be shunning oil based clothing today the way we shunned leather and fur in the 60's. Honestly, I think synthetics are more barbaric. At least with leather and fur you are honouring the memory of the creature which provided the material. Thousands of little lives ended millions of years ago to produce a pair of Nikes, and there is no way we can breed more of them in comfortable and relatively happy environments. We do not see the creatures this black goo once was, or have any respect for the world they came from, and the sacrifice they made in order to produce the one we have now. :(:

As for the lines, statistics suggest that the deadline for "repentance" was somewhere between 1940 and 1960. Certainly, by 1972 some people where already looking franticly for "damage limitation", knowing full well that we had already passed the point of no return. (North sea oil could only be a temporary thing, and if that had become practical that pointed the demise of the entire oil industry soon after) Those with the media strong arm, however, do not want to see this public record too popularly repeated. :wink:

You may prefer to believe that they where exaggerating, or had miscalculated, and the end is not so near or so dire as they predicted. You have a mind of your own, and I know mine. My point is that you don't have to believe what we are told now. Scientific opinion changes with the wind, and commercial opinion changes every 45 seconds. :wink:

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@bobsobol
I was sure that by saying ice they refer to
I know that ices have different meanings in planetary science.
But my inglish is not that good when they start using those unnatural names, fortunately cosmology don't use them, they name things by name =P

@SheenBR
kick butt music :)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@Vormav: Yup. That was the other obvious "assumption" I was coming too. But the simplification means I'm not sure what to assume. Frozen water is clear, frozen nitrogen is clear, "ice" is massively ambiguous... to my ear.

They often say meteorites are made of "ice" but we know that they are actually solid and frozen substances we would usually consider to be "gases"

@Sheen: Okay... still rockin' :D:

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

O that's something I was watching long time ago! I found it funny back than but I saw only few eps, I hope its still funny :D

Here is camel running, LOL.

Staff member
Reaction score
vormav, may I ask, where are you from? maybe I have already asked you that, but I cant remember atm >.<

if thats ok for u to answer =p

some people prefers not to reveal their real names, location, email addresses...

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Did running camel triggered that question? lol
I'm from Poland, Welcome Everybody :)

I might say that before I might not, I'm not so proud of my country as you are (having it in nick, or maybe it is html <br> =P).
But I prefer to hide my real address in case YD start suing us for our work.

Staff member
Reaction score
lol, I'm not proud of my country.. its very the opposite =p
I'm ashamed of it, I hate BR, BR sucks

Just searched "polska" in utube:

lol? this guys talks funny loololol
the sounds of poland, germany for example, are too hard to pronounce :S
and this musics sucks btw lol

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I don't understand a word of it lol, but that's not why Poland sux... here is reason why:

mpc - Community spirit - "Off Topic" - RaGEZONE Forums

lol

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Scientists calculated that if all churches disappear from Poland than our continent would rise 10 meters above sea level :)

Staff member
Reaction score
Is it supposed to be ironic? I didnt understand :lol:

wtf, almost cried with this live version:

what a Ducking awesome version

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It's not irony, it's just a sad truth. The ficticious character "Darth Vader" has been used to sell many many products on T.V. over the years.

It's just a compilation of some of them. (Actually, it was quite nice to be reminded of the one for Tunes menthol lozenges)

If you read the blog associated with it, you would understand. :wink:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: MAXimum customizations [WIP]

Yes, but I starting to think that it never existed, I think i seen SS of it but this might be just skin modification, anyway nvm. If I put drop items on myself they will end "flat", thats because the are flat, only boots are more "3D" but they are missing bottom.

Here its how it look like when you try to wear item that you dropping on floor:

Yes clear as
!! ;)

1: my parrot
2: This is only my!
3: If you try to pick up, this boot will thrower on you

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member