Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Community spirit - "Off Topic"

Should this become a permenant - sticky - feature of the PT Development section?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I hate Doritos. They're nasty tasteless cardboard crap that gets stuck in your teeth and hurts like hell. :(

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
When I use to eat them, they would cut the roof of my mouth :x

I stopped eating junk food ages ago though.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Pear Drops, Star Mints and Liquorish Blackcurrants do that too, but they are worth it. XD
The Doctor said:
"Would you like a Jellybaby?"

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
mpc - Community spirit - "Off Topic" - RaGEZONE Forums

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

British Recorded Music Industry blocked tpb in UK, here is a solution:

List of Pirate Bay proxies

Why its always music industry that block sites like that... srsly...

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Because they "own" much more than music. They "own" copyright on many Games, Films, TV Shows and other popular "art". In this particular act, I suspect they are trying to destroy the rise of the next equivalent of "Indie Music£. (music produced, published and distributed by "independent record labels", and not the big, multi-national corporate labels) For a while, in the late 80's and early 90's they started to account for around 40% of the UK top-10 singles in most charts. The big boys countered by buying up all the independent labels, leaving true artists no outlet for their work but the corporations, destroying "Indie" just as it was getting started, and neutering it into "Brit-pop". (a pale and lifeless shadow of it's free, youthful form)

I have been particularly impressed with many high quality bands which where releasing their albums as APE / LAME files on TPB in order to get themselves popularly recognised without submitting to corporate influence. (or, perhaps, because those doors where, for whatever reason, closed to them)

This distribution method doesn't have overheads in CD press / print costs, or even a cost in site hosting. I think it's fantastic. Once their name is known they can set up a store on Amazon or iTunes or whatever they like, without signing away their rights to their own art to some bully who will dictate to them what they can and cannot write or perform. (an imposition which forced artists like George Michael to stop work all together and Prince wasn't even allowed to use his own stage name :(:)

I just use . They are an officially recognised political party, and censoring them would be *very* controversial. (considering the blatant racial hatred posted legally by the BNP or even UKIP ^_^) We do still have some free-speech.

Of course, the Pirate Party agrees with me, that the the law is breaking it's self with this ban.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Ending of this story ROX!! XD LOLed so hard on floor when friend showed me this XD
I "Like" this religion even more XD

Staff member
Reaction score
If I would have to choose between a religion, I think Id go with satanism. its really nice, its like, learn to see the god inside of you and you can achieve anything. respect people, dont be stupid, lazy. thats the "main principles" of satanism.

lol

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I believe it was the 8th Doctor, in one of the Radio dramas, who encountered a world where everyone had to declare their religion before entering the city. All faiths where welcome, but you had to declare which was yours.

The Doctor (Paul McGann) and his companion Charlotte (Charlie) Pollard, (India Fischer) decided that they worshiped their other companion Keris of Utermes, (a humanoid alien in the habit of changing colour in a chameleon manner and with an exoskeleton) that they held regular feasts at elevenses, and ritually drank a nice cup of tea 3 times a day. XD

Keris, of course, is already a Foundationist Monk who ritually sacrifices people in order to "save them" (no spoilers, we do find out what that means in the end)... so that was okay. :lol:

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Posted info on this in the movie section on RZ, but no responses. May do better here in the PT section -- where all the kool people are ;)

Indie Game: The Movie came out recently. It's about independent game developers.

Developers from famous games are in it (Super Meat Boy, Braid, etc)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure who would want to watch such a film. Sounds like a fly-on-the-wall documentary of a Pixar movie... Heh.

OTOH, it linked this video as "similar", and it talks about and shows many of the things I was discussing with Sheen regarding game physics in his server emulator.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I watched it (Indie Game: The Movie). It was good, but they tried to make it overly dramatic at some points.

I may have only liked it though since I've been doing game development lately though.

Btw interesting video.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I found that Settlers install in DOSBox again the other day, and found myself re-dreaming of a Dr. Who themed combat strategy sim. I really want something with elements of X-COM UFO Enemy Unknown, Dune, Laser Squad, Total Annihilation and Settlers, rolled together with all the classic Dr. Who races like Daleks, Sontarans, Cybermen, Rootons, Autons, Earthers and Gallifreyans. Each race with their own goals for galactic domination, their own technologies and limitations, and the ability to choose planets to conquer, either for mineral resources or strategic gain, possibly uninhabited with only the natural environment to master (Sim City style) unless another power has set a base there already.

If you could prevent any race from completely winning, or loosing, the game could be made an MMO of a completely different kind. Something more like a multi-world Minecraft. The element of "temporal mechanics" could allow that... but for the non-time capable races, it would be a heart-breaking blow to find Daleks, Time Lords, Humans, Nekistani or the Moanan Host had wiped out everything you did by going back and changing history. :lol:

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

"i built alot of bridges, some of them even dance" XD

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Re: Rewriting PT

OT @
I don't like Mac ideas; e.g. mouse with one button, can't use your 2nd skill in PT lol; they also like stupid patents

They must be patent trolls XD
OFC this paten was rejected in Europe because it was to obvious way, but not in USA...
Also for Mac price I have 4 times 'stronger' PC/laptop lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Vormav;7118416@ said:
I don't like Mac ideas; e.g. mouse with one button, can't use your 2nd skill in PT lol
That is the most incredible display of ignorance. :O: But I hear it often. Mac OS supported 2 mouse buttons before Windows did. Apple just didn't make *mice* with more than one button until early 200x. How long did you keep the mouse that came with your PC? :lol:

The first Mac I got to use was a Mac Classic II running System 7.2 (IIRC) on a 68000 / 68010 with 4Meg of RAM. (remember, 8-Bit computing in the UK was dominated by domestic manufacturers, Acorn, Sinclair and Amstrad, in 16-bit we still tended more to Acorn, Atari and Commodore, even in business) This Classic II had 2 mouse buttons and you used the second for context menus as you do in current Windows systems. (equivalent to a Ctrl Click, but it requires a less precise, less useful Menu key with no click on Windows if the button breaks) It wasn't an Apple Mouse. :wink:

I emulated a system 6 Mac, and installed Excel. The right mouse button worked just fine, :eek:tt1: and Control Click simulated it if your secondary button was broke, or you hadn't replaced you "Apple" mouse yet.

At that time, the right mouse button was not used in Windows 3.0 (the latest, hot off the press from Microsoft) except in MSPaint, which was a complete rip off down to the tool palette, menu options and most functionality, of Mac Paint. GEM 3 from Digital Research (the more common desktop OS for PCs at the time) didn't make much use of the right button either. At least GEM Paint had it's own feel.

Only Amiga and Acorn desktops made as much use of the second mouse button, and the Acorn needed a third to allow any menu to be displayed. (Primary, Menu, Secondary)

Nobody had heard of a scroll wheel, but MacOS 8 used 3 buttons and a wheel just like Windows, only it did it nicer. Like the Middle button and Scroll wheel, a second button is not, and should no be necessary to work the actual OS.

Apple Macs have shipped with a two-way mouse since... Lion / Leopard? ish? At least 2 digital controls is the expected norm by then anyway. Originally dubbed "Mighty Mouse", it has no "buttons" and a track-ball in the middle for scrolling in either direction. The entire mouse rocks at the front to the left for primary click and to the right for secondary click. A bit like a small digital joystick. I think the ball clicks as a middle button on some Apple mice too. It's quite intuitive and doesn't "feel" much different to "buttons" except the puck retains a sturdy rigidity beneath your hand. I found myself lifting the bottom as much as depressing the tip too. But it's not unnatural.

I also think most sane people still chuck the Apple mouse, (not coz of the "rocking" but because it's the wrong shape, and too glossy) and if possible, get a "proper" separate screen. Many people chuck the keyboard too. Any USB keyboard works, it's just confusing that the clover leaf key has a context menu symbol on a Windows keyboard, the Option key is marked Ctrl and the Control key is marked Alt. :/: There are also Windows logos on the Apple keys, and no indication of which is hollow Apple and which is solid Apple. :lol: But Linux calls these keys different things too, and you can get a Linux keyboard with Tux keys and Accel keys printed on it... but who cares? A keyboard is a keyboard... right? Not many PC keyboards have USB hubs in them like the Apple ones either, and that's handy. Many branded IBM ones do and I like to use those to replace an Apple Keyboard cheaply. :D:

I agree about the Patents, and you can slag off Apple hardware all you like as far as price and build quality goes. But I dislike Microsoft stealing everyone elses' programs / designs, putting their label on it and making massive profit form theft. Yea, I don't want people to steal from MS... but that doesn't mean I *do* want MS to steal from everyone else either. They deserve to be paid and insulted. XD Just as Apple deserve to be applauded for their OS, chided for their price tags, have their hardware poked fun of and very rude words said about their patents. :wink:

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

My experience with mac, true story :D

"I don't feel like I'm operating the mac so much as I'm just there sharing the Mac experience" XD

Mac fanboys are always deeply hurt, but true about mac is that it lack of software... it's like buying console PS3/XBOX360/Wii for hardware. In the end you will be disappointed because console = games. Games on console are more important than console itself.
Why linux is still not popular on desktops? It rules on servers, it rules on phones but on desktop you need games and commercial soft.
Vale is porting steam to linux, maybe something will move on desktops. Wine is another great project that will let you run old soft/games on modern PC. I don't see any practical use for mac, sorry. :)
BTW you can ask people who played StarCraft 2 or Diablo 3 on Mac and on PC how bad it works on Mac, it's either bad port or bad hardware :)
"There's only one good Mac... McDonalds" XD

Last edited by a moderator:
Back