View Poll Results: Should this become a permenant - sticky - feature of the PT Development section?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aye

7 77.78%
  • Nay

2 22.22%

Community spirit - "Off Topic"

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast
    True MemberRank
    Nov 2004 Join Date
    somewhere in your mindLocation
    379Posts

Re: how to fix the bug of dc4

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

is because still is too fresh ;)

ModeratorRank
    Feb 2008 Join Date
    Jaú, BrazilLocation
    2,391Posts

May 2007 Join Date
    UKLocation
    5,751Posts

Yea... I think there are enough stereotypes in that short news report as it is, without making any more generalisations.

All the African Americans crammed in together in unsuitable accommodation gawking at the white news team and stupid looks on their faces with the blond white reporter and the white crime scene investigators. These are not the impressions I get of peoples of differing race in my country, and it's rather sad to see it in a news report.

My personal home and working environment is reasonably cross gender and with a wide variety of races. None of which has any bearing on the abilities of any of the individuals I work with, or the attitudes, posture, dress etc of the people I meet with day to day. Excluding the dress of those devout enough to feel the need to only ever be seen publicly wearing a full burka.
    Spoiler:
    Don't really agree with that. But not because I don't agree with Islam, or because I want women to wander around half naked for my pleasure though. Honestly, I couldn't disagree with it on those terms. That would be like disagreeing with a nuns habit or a sari... both of which are fine by me. (One is not an outright deceleration of religious denomination and neither completely obscure ones identity.)

I don't agree, mostly because it smacks too much of the star of David armband the Nazis' used to force Jews to wear. I think you should be a authoritative minister of your faith to go any further than a simple token, like a cross, star, fish, sword, crescent, yin-yang or swastika (the Buddhist form "卍" not the skewed Nazi form) on a pendant.

Also because people aren't allowed to enter public buildings (super-markets, banks, public records buildings and Post Offices et el) wearing a hoodie, balaklava or motor-cycle helmet etc. because it obscures the face from surveillance cameras and makes witness identification so very difficult after a crime has been committed. But wait! You can't prevent anyone doing the exact same thing with a burka in case you offend their religious devotions! (not right)

It doesn't take Einstein to figure out that if you want to rob a bank and not get caught on camera you wear a burka, what-ever your religious beliefs, because nobody can stop you or question you about your motives for doing that.

And who will get the blame when the police can't catch the perpetrator? The poor Muslims again. Even though it's highly unlikely that anyone of their faith would exploit such devout attire for any such deviant behaviour, they have created the security flaw which makes it the perfect "thieves tool".
    Having said that, from what little I know of the projects in Lincoln Park, even if I where a betting man I wouldn't want any part of that action. XD

That's actually way too serious for this thread, so I'll add this which I actually uploaded for DK-H20
    Last edited by bobsobol; 20-04-11 at 12:52 AM.

InactiveRank
    Jan 2009 Join Date
    1,342Posts

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-vZyy65poOl...5329a3e0e2.jpg

I see that thread is out of control >=P

Something cool is sow today:

YouTube - Erase CD with HV

And the reason why I think BR is funny ;)

YouTube - Kryminalista przed kamerami

May 2007 Join Date
    UKLocation
    5,751Posts

Hmm... I know of a neat trick with CDs:-

ModeratorRank
    Feb 2008 Join Date
    Jaú, BrazilLocation
    2,391Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vormav View Post
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-vZyy65poOl...5329a3e0e2.jpg

I see that thread is out of control >=P

Something cool is sow today:

YouTube - Erase CD with HV

And the reason why I think BR is funny ;)

YouTube - Kryminalista przed kamerami
    This guy is already dead, he killed himself in prison lolololol
    and yes, this guy is kinda crazy.... he smokes crack lmfao

May 2007 Join Date
    UKLocation
    5,751Posts

That's not good. If someone dies of natural causes people end up on 6 month unpaid suspension while the enquiry plays out. If they manage to commit suicide, that becomes a negligent homicide and some prison official is going to do time for it. (here, at least IDK about Brazil)

InactiveRank
    Jan 2009 Join Date
    1,342Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bobsobol View Post
    That's not good. If someone dies of natural causes people end up on 6 month unpaid suspension while the enquiry plays out. If they manage to commit suicide, that becomes a negligent homicide and some prison official is going to do time for it. (here, at least IDK about Brazil)
    Thats not good. If I had magic book where I could write names of prisoners and they would die shortly after that than I would do it right away.

But prisoners are not your biggest problem ;)

Damn those terrorists.

YouTube - Four Lions Trailer

ModeratorRank
    Feb 2008 Join Date
    Jaú, BrazilLocation
    2,391Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bobsobol View Post
    bob, there are some things you need to know about brazil:

1st - If you have a lot of money, you WILL NEVER ever ever ever ever ever be in prison.
    2nd - I really DOUBT a CO is doing time for his suicide. I bet they are "loling" and drinking some beer.
    Last edited by SheenBR; 20-04-11 at 09:01 PM.

InactiveRank
    Jan 2009 Join Date
    1,342Posts

If you have a lot of money, you WILL NEVER ever ever ever ever ever be in prison
    Thats ultimate rule, works everywhere.

If he was in pillai jail he would not be able to kill himself... no mobs there ;)

Anyone noticed how fast PT is when you turn off GUI (F11 admin)? And full screen and no GUI is like 2 times faster... rewriting PT GUI might speed up PT and shorten lag. And no my PC is 100x more than PT need.

MemberRank
    Aug 2007 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    99Posts

You made my day vormav^^

Lmao, I loled so hard ,

Epic picture ^^

May 2007 Join Date
    UKLocation
    5,751Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SheenBR View Post
    If you have a lot of money, you WILL NEVER ever ever ever ever ever be in prison.
    Thats ultimate rule, works everywhere.
    Unless you are Sir Jeffrey Archer, one time MP and Baron of Weston-super-Mare, or Nick Leeson. Both of whom are, and where (at the time of their incarceration) very wealthy and influential people.

In particualar, Nick Leeson was essentially incarcerated for performing the duties laid out in his job description whilst working for Barings Bank. Who, incidentally, suffered no criminal charges for the task they assigned him... but did loose some public "face" which cost them even more than Nick Leeson did on his high risk investments.

Prince Harry (the one not getting married this bank holiday weekend) was sent to a drug rehabilitation clinic after being arrested in possession of illegal substances. Has been the subject of a formal enquiry by MoD MPs after a "home video" was leaked where he referred to one of his Squad Mates as "our little Paki", and may be investigated for race hatred after turning up at a fancy dress party in a Nazi uniform.

Sir Mark Thatcher, (Baroness Thatcher, the former PM Margaret Thatchers' son) however, paid a $500,000 fine and took only a 4 year "suspended sentence". (But I guess that's okay, because he was only swindling Africans, which we've been doing since the reign for Queen Elizabeth the first) ... actually... no, not funny.
    Anyone noticed how fast PT is when you turn off GUI (F11 admin)? And full screen and no GUI is like 2 times faster... rewriting PT GUI might speed up PT and shorten lag. And no my PC is 100x more than PT need.
    Yes, I have noticed, and I have also made some attempts to "fix" this issue.

There are many reasons why this is so bad, firstly "software" alpha blending with the DX3 APIs even in the newer DX7 versions, secondly using GDI calls to render fonts over what should be a DirectX surface, thirdly, the fact that the GUI (or HUD and overlay elements like speech bubbles and such) are "painted" many times (often as many as 15) per frame flip.
    Last edited by bobsobol; 21-04-11 at 06:49 PM.

ModeratorRank
    Feb 2008 Join Date
    Jaú, BrazilLocation
    2,391Posts

he hanged himself btw

May 2007 Join Date
    UKLocation
    5,751Posts

With what for Petes' sake. This is why they take your cloths off you when you go inside and ensure inmates don't have any belts, laces tie etc. Have sheets which won't hold a persons weight no matter what you do, and cells don't have bars or any exterior adornments... only safety glass, steel and concrete. XD

Even a local police station which doesn't comply to those basic requirements is shut down immediately.

Cells can't even have sharp corners to walls... everything has to be rounded off, and the lights are embedded in the walls or ceiling.

The bed and toilet are firmly affixed and the flush is a button, not a leaver or pull chain.

There must be no items in a cell with which a person could take their own life. And nobody is supposed to be put in a cell without a strip search and redress.

I hear stories of "prison suicide" attempts on the main continent and in the U.S. and wonder just why they allow it.

If someone dies "at the Queens Pleasure" then she can be sued by their relatives... surely it must be the same for any head of state?
    Last edited by bobsobol; 21-04-11 at 08:11 PM.

May 2007 Join Date
    UKLocation
    5,751Posts

Like the Amazon page... never liked Monty Python. (or the Beatles... or Oasis. )

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Advertisement