Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Community spirit - "Off Topic"

Should this become a permenant - sticky - feature of the PT Development section?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Staff member
Reaction score
Re: how to fix the bug of dc4

I see that thread is out of control >=P

Something cool is sow today:

And the reason why I think BR is funny ;)

This guy is already dead, he killed himself in prison lolololol
and yes, this guy is kinda crazy.... he smokes crack lmfao

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score

That's not good. If someone dies of natural causes people end up on 6 month unpaid suspension while the enquiry plays out. If they manage to commit suicide, that becomes a negligent homicide and some prison official is going to do time for it. (here, at least IDK about Brazil)

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score

That's not good. If someone dies of natural causes people end up on 6 month unpaid suspension while the enquiry plays out. If they manage to commit suicide, that becomes a negligent homicide and some prison official is going to do time for it. (here, at least IDK about Brazil)

Thats not good. If I had magic book where I could write names of prisoners and they would die shortly after that than I would do it right away.

But prisoners are not your biggest ;)

Damn those terrorists.

Staff member
Reaction score

bob, there are some things you need to know about brazil:

1st - If you have a lot of money, you WILL NEVER ever ever ever ever ever be in prison.
2nd - I really DOUBT a CO is doing time for his suicide. I bet they are "loling" and drinking some beer.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Reaction score

If you have a lot of money, you WILL NEVER ever ever ever ever ever be in prison

Thats ultimate rule, works everywhere.

If he was in pillai jail he would not be able to kill himself... no mobs there ;)

mpc - Community spirit - "Off Topic" - RaGEZONE Forums

Anyone noticed how fast PT is when you turn off GUI (F11 admin)? And full screen and no GUI is like 2 times faster... rewriting PT GUI might speed up PT and shorten lag. And no my PC is 100x more than PT need.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

You made my day vormav^^

Lmao, I loled so hard ,

Epic picture ^^

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score

If you have a lot of money, you WILL NEVER ever ever ever ever ever be in prison.
Thats ultimate rule, works everywhere.
Unless you are Sir Jeffrey Archer, one time MP and Baron of Weston-super-Mare, or Nick Leeson. Both of whom are, and where (at the time of their incarceration) very wealthy and influential people.

In particualar, Nick Leeson was essentially incarcerated for performing the duties laid out in his job description whilst working for Barings Bank. Who, incidentally, suffered no criminal charges for the task they assigned him... but did loose some public "face" which cost them even more than Nick Leeson did on his high risk investments. :lol:

Prince Harry (the one not getting married this bank holiday weekend) was sent to a drug rehabilitation clinic after being arrested in possession of illegal substances. Has been the subject of a formal enquiry by MoD MPs after a "home video" was leaked where he referred to one of his Squad Mates as "our little Paki", and may be investigated for race hatred after turning up at a fancy dress party in a Nazi uniform.

Sir Mark Thatcher, (Baroness Thatcher, the former PM Margaret Thatchers' son) however, paid a $500,000 fine and took only a 4 year "suspended sentence". (But I guess that's okay, because he was only swindling Africans, which we've been doing since the reign for Queen Elizabeth the first) :lol:... actually... no, not funny.
Anyone noticed how fast PT is when you turn off GUI (F11 admin)? And full screen and no GUI is like 2 times faster... rewriting PT GUI might speed up PT and shorten lag. And no my PC is 100x more than PT need.
Yes, I have noticed, and I have also made some attempts to "fix" this issue.

There are many reasons why this is so bad, firstly "software" alpha blending with the DX3 APIs even in the newer DX7 versions, secondly using GDI calls to render fonts over what should be a DirectX surface, thirdly, the fact that the GUI (or HUD and overlay elements like speech bubbles and such) are "painted" many times (often as many as 15) per frame flip. :grr:

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Reaction score

With what for Petes' sake. This is why they take your cloths off you when you go inside and ensure inmates don't have any belts, laces tie etc. Have sheets which won't hold a persons weight no matter what you do, and cells don't have bars or any exterior adornments... only safety glass, steel and concrete. XD

Even a local police station which doesn't comply to those basic requirements is shut down immediately.

Cells can't even have sharp corners to walls... everything has to be rounded off, and the lights are embedded in the walls or ceiling.

The bed and toilet are firmly affixed and the flush is a button, not a leaver or pull chain.

There must be no items in a cell with which a person could take their own life. And nobody is supposed to be put in a cell without a strip search and redress.

I hear stories of "prison suicide" attempts on the main continent and in the U.S. and wonder just why they allow it.

If someone dies "at the Queens Pleasure" then she can be sued by their relatives... surely it must be the same for any head of state?

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Reaction score

Like the Amazon page... never liked Monty Python. (or the Beatles... or Oasis. :eek:tt1:)

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score

Maybe someone will rewrite PT in Unreal Engine 3? ;)

PT 3 on UE3...
cryEngine sux btw >=P

Hopi: DX11 MSAA Hair
Hopi: DX11 Subsurface scattering
Hopi: APEX clothing

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score

Sadly, they did. It's call "Second Enigma" and it sucks harder than a starving ant eater on a termite mound.
Actually, I believe they fist added the Unreal II Engine, but the option to upgrade is simple. What isn't simple is
  • converting the assets to take advantage of all those new features
  • getting a large enough player base that all have quad core CPUs clocked over 2.7 GHz and Dual PCIE DirectX 11 Graphics arrays
  • Performing all of that AND coping with a Massively Multi-player environment.
So, even if you use the engine, you will probably want to keep most of those features turned off and add them as the cost of hardware comes down over the next 5 to 8 years.

Sadly, the game blows goats, so the fact that it has been running betas since about 2008 and actually made it to release amazes me. Especially when Laxe Lore totally owned and never made it out of beta. :(:

I still can't see how it is an improvement on Rappelz, which nFlavor have been running for ages, and I've had a GPotato account since before I joined up here. :$:
Oh yea, I have no idea where that player got the silly cat costume from. I only ever played Gaia and Deva, but I'm guessing they have possessed their "pet" to the extent that the actual player has become the "assist".

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Reaction score

No argument from me.

Staff member
Reaction score

Just to bump with an awesome song:
(indeed, I dont understand almost nothing, ahaha, that kind of songs with too much slangs are hard to understand so I got one with lyrics.)

For those who are native english speaker:

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Reaction score

Okay. As de-slang as I can get it.
(Oh.)
Lonely Island, Michael Bolton.
(Yeah.)
Together on the track, the boys are back. [We return to sing a song together.]
The night starts now baby roll with us, [Join us for this evenings entertainment]
Chickens snappin' at the neck when we're rollin' up. [Women staring at us so hard their necks may break when we arrive.]
(Rollin' up.)
Blow through the doors ain't no holdin' up, [We don't wait in line, just walk right in]
Black card at the bar like I give a duck. [We're card holding members, don't have to pay for drinks]
(Yeah!)
(Come on.)
Ladies shifty eyes when we walk into the set, [On stage the women don't want to be seen watching, but can't help doing so]
duck the fellas lookin' jealous play the back and get wet. [The guys behind us are green with envy which just makes us look better and turns the girls on more]
Three pounding in my waist, [three girls pressing close on the dance floor]
shank in my sock, [I have an erection]
you either get out, [leave now]
get stuffed, [go away]
or get shot. [She'll turn you down cold and embarrassingly]
Yeah yeah!

This is the tale of Captain Jack Sparrow,
A pirate so brave on the seven seas.
(What?)
A mystical quest on the isle of Tortuga,
Raven locks sway on oceans breeze. [Black curly hair blowing in the ocean wind]

Yea that was kinda' weird, but we're back in the club.
Buyin' up the bar so the groupies show us love. [our fans love us coz we're buying them drinks]
Kiera Knightly
Motherfucking ice man, I'm the top gunner, [Shut up has-been, I'm the star here]
Heater on blast, I'm the number one stunner. [Like an automatic side arm I'm *very* sexy]
Jack Sparrow
Watch it girl coz I ain't your "Mr. Nice Guy",
[Listen Miss, I'm a bit of a scallywag]

More like the "meet ya, take you home and duck you twice guy". [I'm not waiting for invitations, I'm looking for lots of sex]
Yeah
All dressed up with nowhere to run, [You're well turned out but I won't let you escape] (play on "all dressed up with nowhere to go", commonly said when you prepare for a party but get turned down at the last minuet)
And now I make you feel crazy with the...
Now back to the good part!

From the day he was born,
He yearned for adventure.
(Nooo)
Old Captain Jack
(yeah)
Giving them "what for"" [giving them a pasting]
He's the pauper of the surf [unhealthy traveller of the waves]
The Jester of Tortuga [court comedian and confidant]
(Oh God)
But is Davy Jones' Locker, [Is a death & burial at sea]
What lies in store?
(Yea, we've seen the movie.) [We saw the film.]

Throw your hands in the air and say hell yeah, come on! [Surrender and give in to my charm, you know you want to]
(Captain Jack)
What!?
(Johnny Depp!)
No!
From the front to the back,
Say we count stacks. Come on! [Everyone in the house knows we're rich and influential]
(Davey Jones)
Nope
(Giant Squid)
Wrong
Michael Bolton we're really gonna need you to focus up. [Okay Michael, get with the plot and concentrate]
Roger that, let me try with another film.
(Wait)
Life is a box of chocolates,
And my name is Forest Gump.
(Not better)
Though I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, [I'm not very cleaver]
I give Jenny all my love.
(Come on)
Okay then I'm a Legal Aid,
Erin Brockovich is my name.
(Noo! God!)
Then you can call me Scarface,
Snorting mountains of cocaine.
(Close enough)
You cockroaches wan'na play rough? [I look down on you, do you want to do this the hard way]
Okay, I'm reloaded!
This is the tale,
Of Tony Montanya.
Cubano Flame, with the Miami Nuts. [IDK what that means]
Got a Basshead wife, [My wife is highly addicted to Base Heroine]
But her womb is polluted. [Err... not sure.]
This whole town's a cat [Everyone in this place is a coward]
Just waiting to get fucked! [I'm going to beat them up]

Okay,
Turns out Michael Bolton is a major cinephile. [It appears Michael Bolton is a adorant cinema fanatic]
(You complete me)
Yep, yeah, okay.
:lol:

Staff member
Reaction score

LMFAO! very good, thanks bob.

This whole town's a cat [Everyone in this place is a coward]
Just waiting to get fucked! [I'm going to beat them up]

I understood that in the 1st time xDD

Yamachi told me this is a parody song. This is a parody from which song?

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Reaction score

I wouldn't say it was a parody of anything in particular. (at least nothing that I know of) I'd simply paradoical of pop music in general... like all of Lonely Islands' tracks.

Weird Al Yankovic does Parody, like this one of Don McLeans' "American Pie"

Last edited:
Staff member
Reaction score

well, as far as I can tell, that parody is from Star Wars, right? Well, I didn't learn slangs in my english classes, and The Event & Supernatural doenst use too much slangs too, so if you can teach me some of them I'd be glad lolol

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score

It mixes Don McLeans "American Pie" for the music with the story from Star Wars - Episode 1 - "The Phantom Menace", yes.

The trouble is, there are so many forms of "slang", and that's the main area for deviation in "global" English. Slang terms are colloquial, and based in regional and Ethnic heritage.

For example, both Cockney (from the greater London area) and Australia use a form of "Rhyming Slang" which requires one to know the common phrase who's end sounds like the word you are mimicking. But the rhymes are different in the to sub-dialects. "Apples and Pears" (Apples) = "Stairs", "Syrup of Figs" (Syrups) = "Wigs", "Tit for Tat" (Titfer) = "Hat", "Ruby Murry" (Ruby) = Curry etc. I don't know the Australian variant very well.

In Britain, "Cockney slang" is often intermixed with , which was developed by the homosexual community when homosexuality (among men) was a crime punishable by death, (from the Victorian reign right up until the mid 60s) in order to escape that cruel justice. But that "slang" has also evolved. So the original meaning of "naff" ("Not Available For Ducking" a straight man) is now anything that is not very good. The popular 4 letter word "duck" is also an Acronym from the time of the Norman conquest of the English, where prostitution (previously an honourable trade profession) became a crime, and practitioners where sentenced "For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge".

There is "Hip Talk", which was a slang first developed in the late 50s' and early 60s' by "beatniks" and associated with "Hippies" and the "Surfing" / "New Age" and "Travelling" communities is another common example. "Far out" = "an incredible thing", "No way" = "Extraordinary", "Bummer" = "That's sad", "Bodacious" = "A daring and rightfully achievement" etc.

There is the reverse psychology of African American "Street Slang" (that I'm very bad at) where "Bad" = "Good", "wigger" = "Friend", "Honkey" = "White man", "Brother" = "Black man", "Slaughtered" = "Well appreciated" etc.

And then you get the typical Jamaican "Street Slang" that... IDK. If you watch this, you will get a very good example, and very few "English" speakers understand this form of "slang":-
I can tell you that "Word" = "Tell me" or "I'm telling you", "Boom boom down" = "Assassination", "Play" = "Trick", "Jiggle it rait" = "Shapely woman", "Lick up" = "Beat up", "Flame" = "lover" etc.

There is traditional Jamaican slang in there too so "Likki" is "small" ("little"), "babylon" = "the authorities" (traditionally, white men), "most high" / "jah" = "God" (Jah Rastafari), "busted" = "caught out" / "a failed prank" / "arrested", "Lone-taim gwan" = "in the past", "riet naow" = "Okay" or "in the present", "me" = "I", "him" = "he", "her" = "she", "Ya" = "you", "ya naow" = "you understand" ("you know?"), "tinke" = "work it out" or "estimate" ("think" different connotation), "dyam fool" = "careless" ("Damned fool" different connotation) etc.

Something more like this:-

The video you posted uses many slang dialects, including old sailing slang from the "Pirates of the Caribbean" so "Swarthy dog" = "good colleague", "slip sway" = "set sail", "salty sea urchin" = "one for who the ocean has long been his home", "scallawag" = "thief" / "wrong doer" etc. It's mostly a collection of old English, and early English colonial colloquialisms.

You get "slang" from Jewish migrants producing a complete new language "Yiddish" as a mix of traditional "Hebrew" and the many languages they encountered in their travels, and "Yiddish" finds it's way into the languages of all the places they visit(ed), so "shister" comes from the German for "defecation" but means "bad person" in Yiddish slang, hence we also call bad people "shits".

Then you get the "Dance culture" slang where "poop" is a mind altering chemical substance (usually of dubious legality), "wicked" = "a good time", "tearing it up" = "really working hard and having fun", (extreme version of the 1940 dance term "cut a rug", where high heels would trash carpet) "blaze" = "smoking pot" etc.

The street slang from second or third generation Indian and Pakistani immigrants (who's fore-fathers where probably escaping the turmoil of the exit of the British Empire and splitting of India and Pakistan) here in Britain is very popular, and you see it a lot in "Goodness Gracious Me", where "init" is abbreviated from "isn't it" but means "Don't you think?" or "You know what I'm talking about." and such.

Much of which comes from the "Ragga" influence from the joining of the Caribbean and Asian (Indian / Pakistani) immigrants.

So... all in all, you have to work out the heritage of the "slang" you are listening to, in order to work out what the words, or phrases mean. Out of context, they are pretty meaningless. And this is where a lot of people trip up using automatic translators, in any language. I know there is a lot of "Brazilian slang" used on MIB which doesn't translate, because it isn't common / traditional "Portuguese", and sadly many Brazilians aren't aware of the differences between their contemporary mode of speech (their cultural identity) in comparison to the Portuguese they inherited (or had forced upon them) from their colonial fore-bares.

I suspect you (unlike many other Brazilians) would know far more about that. And certainly more than I do.

The history of colonisation is something which Britain understands well... negatively, from our former British Empire, starting with the reign of Queen Elizabeth I. But also from the waves of Northern European and Mediterranean colonisation of the British Isles which forged the "English" language in the first place.

"English" has always been a "melting pot". It's base is a mixture of Norse, Galic, Celtic, Latin, Saxon, French and Bretton.

So we have no problem with it acquiring influences from other cultures it comes into contact with. Though the differences between British English and American English, "Hood" = "Bonnet", "Side walk" = "Pavement", "Pavement" = "Road", "Trunk" = "Boot", "Eraser" = "Rubber", "Rubber" = "Condom" etc. can also be very confusing. XD

I was always told off for referring to a "rule" as a "ruler" in school, as that is an Americanism. A "rule" is a measuring instrument, a "ruler" is a person in charge. Now, most British people would call a "rule" a "ruler". I was also chastised (by my parents) for using the word "ain't" for it's being "bad English", and I should use the word "isn't" instead. However, from "The Scarlet Pimpernel" the character of "Sir Percy Blakeney" frequently flourishes the word "ain't", as a popular high-class term.

So the evolution is on-going. The language is still a living, evolving thing.

Last edited:
Back