Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Community spirit - "Off Topic"

Should this become a permenant - sticky - feature of the PT Development section?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Not so funny when you remember that in 1918 Mahatma Gandhi actively engaged in military recruitment drives for the British army. :wink: In fact, he had served in the army, and actively promoted enlistment in two previous British Imperial conflicts! But during those campaigns, he was enlisting army medical personnel, where he actively recruited combatants for the Great War. ^_^

Definitely sounds like a terrorist to me. :wink:

---EDIT---
Too serious... this made me chuckle. :lol:
lBffK - Community spirit - "Off Topic" - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Rubber duck debugging!

Anyone tried? Does it work better with rubber objects? I can't imagine anyone on this forum debugging in this way... or can I? ;)

mpc - Community spirit - "Off Topic" - RaGEZONE Forums

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Never heard of it. I have never seen a "rubber duck" except in the hands of Erny on Sesame Street, let alone held a conversation with one. :lol:

I have frequently found "Confessional Debugging" to be incredibly useful. I suppose, if I didn't have a human being to hand, a rubber duck would suffice. Honestly, it doesn't have to be someone who understands code, it can be the dumbest 2yo blond you ever met, or even a pet. In some ways, this is better, because it encourages you to speak in more simplistic terms, and the problem is often that you are looking at it too technically.

I suspect a 2yo, or pet dog / cat would be better than a cardboard Linus Torvalds, Bill Gates, Rob Norton or Steve Wozniak. Because you would be looking at those cardboard cut-outs for inspiration. "What would my hero do?" Where explaining the problem to one who you do not expect to know the answer will make you "dumb down" the situation. You usually forgot something a 2yo would have considered obvious. In fact, it's probably the very fact that it was so obvious that caused you to forget to inform the computer about it. And we all know how stupid they are. :lol:

I do tell my cats all sorts of silly things, sharing my day with them and imagining what they have got up to while I was at work out loud with them. Answering their cries based upon my imagined understanding of their meaning, and even "Silly Daddy. He thought you said you where hungry, when all you really wanted was a clean litter tray." But I don't think I've ever tried to explain my code to them. I suspect I have said "You wouldn't do it like that would you? I'm sure you have a much better algorithm in your head to solve that one. If only the keys where paw sized." when they are looking at the cursor bouncing across the screen sat between me and the keyboard. :D: They just look like they are intently reading the code. :lol:

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
It's been awhile since there was any activity in here.

Let's fix that!

Hot chicks (and ugly ones) aside, I think this video is pretty well-done. Good song choice.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
I was starting to wonder if you where stuck on a tablet or something. I know PT took issues with the Atom processors. :(:

Gratz.

Staff member
Reaction score
IDK what was happening, but when I was playing it was like if I didnt have any 3D Card you know, veeeery laggy, it would only go away when F11 was activated.

but then I checked: execute in compatibility mode with xp, execute as admin, deactivate visual themes,deactivate desktop composition, and the checkbox below it, and problem solved lol

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Wow! That is odd. The stuff about admin mode and such has been normal since Vista, and installing to a folder on the root, preferably on a different volume (drive / partition) to Windows negates the need for that. (well, most of it... it still creates a compatibility key-set, because only an elevated administrator can mess with HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE ... which is why I 'fix' that code to work on HKEY_CURRENT_USER)

Disabling DWM (composition) is what causes massive lag for me, and has done on every machine I've tried with Vista / 7 installed. (I haven't tried the Betas of Win8 yet)

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
!? o_O

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
LMAO... Shame it's so hard to read the "10 ^ She's so fat".

Back