Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Community spirit - "Off Topic"

Should this become a permenant - sticky - feature of the PT Development section?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
I don't think I have.

I've seen Andy the Anti-Drug. XD

Heavily used in Happy Hardcore tracks. :wink:

"Watching people do drugs is my anti-drug... drug... drug... drug" :lol:

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
:lol: LOL :lol:

No, it doesn't really need much translation. It's pretty visual and the words are simple enough.

It's titled "10 drugs you should not take you if you drive a car" or "when you drive a car". (you decide)

Alcohol and Cocaine are my favourites in this video... with Cannabis ("Haschisch") a close second.

If you are confused as to what "Alle Zusammen" at the end is, (I was) I believe it means "All of them at once". :lol:

Staff member
Reaction score
LMFAO, to me Ecstazy (named "bala" here, bala= candy) and LSD (named "doce" - also candy, but more like "sugar")

just a question bob: you say "water" like: watttttttttttttttttttter right? lolol
pple in USA says like: wahrer, you know? :p

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
[highlight]WoT Warning[/highlight] (beware the Wall of Text. TY:D:)
I would say, I pronounce water like "wart'her" where they pronounce "wahder". Gerodies' would pronounce "wor'er". Wei aei man. :wink:

When I first moved to the midlands, I asked where I might purchase a "vase"...("vayze") everyone looked blank, as if I where from another planet.
I was asked "What is the green stuff in gardens?" so I replied
"You mean plants?" ("plarnts")
"I was thinking of grass, but plants will do." ("gra'ss" and "pla'nts") I was told. They realised I meant a "vazz".

What always made me laugh, is how U.S. English speakers can make fun of Canadians for their pronunciation of the word "about" (U.S. Americans seem to think Canadians pronounce it "aboot", but I think it's more like "aboat") and yet they can't pronounce a single "o" sound, as in "cot", "sod", "bottle", "off", "shot" etc. They pronounce "caht", "sahd", "bahdle", "ahff", "shaht". And by their pronunciation there is no way to get this short "o" sound. There is no phonetic equivalent. So I can't make and American English voice synthesiser pronounce it "correctly" even if I manually program the phonemes for such words. XD

My friends Fiancée is Northern Irish. (I don't know her religion) I told her I could not "hear" the difference in the words "her", "here", and "hair" on her voice, and had to rely on the "context" in which she said these words. She pronounced them, "hurr", "hurr" and "hurr" and claimed it was quite simple to tell the difference even without context. Much polite smiling was had around the table as we could all see that nobody who was not from Northern Ireland could, in fact, tell the difference. We where too polite to say any more as she was clearly adamant on the subject.

So pronunciation is clearly as much to do with the ear of the listener as the tongue of the announcer. (or... maybe "annunciator" is more apt)

This next guy makes the argument for the similarities between Canadian and British. All those pronunciations he says are "how you can tell if someone's Canadian" are (to my ear) the correct, normal pronunciation.

Some more? Is it "Lin'ex" or "Lynux"? ("Linux") Is it "Root" or "Rowt" ("Rout") Is it "Beeta" or "Bay'ta"? ("Beta") And finally, is it "Datah" or "Dayta"? ("Data")

I've mixed those up, so you can have fun working out which is the British and which the "American" pronunciation. :D:

--- EDIT ---
I've found a TAG, on YouTube that shows a lot of different English accents, which is cool. It pointed out to me that there are a lot of U.S. and also who Australians say "Darta" as well. :D:

I've not found the fantastic South African English accents, (there's actually at least two distinct different versions of that) or any Jamaican / Caribbean ones. But there are some French and Eastern European English speakers. ^_^ (good show)

May be cool to start spreading that TAG around here. Probably a SoundCloud version would be fine, if people don't have a camera / webcam they could post their accent / pronunciations up. :thumbup1:

Last edited:
Staff member
Reaction score
bean lolololol

I liked more the last video.
But I thought it was more like "wattter" and not "wahrer"

And bob, I know that you dont like guttural songs, but what about this one?

I think the lyrics are good and there isnt too much "yelling" like the last ones.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
It's okay. I preferred Two Weeks though.

Some cool accents:-
Geordie
"Wharr username" XD Love it. :D

U.S. - Apparently New Jersy
Yes! You say "particularly" with quite a strong accent. XD

U.S. - South (but not too deep)
Yea... "Me'ook" sure, that's how you say Milk.

Caribian
"Tailett" Toilet. Awsome :D

Jamaican
Poor quality, but the best I could find... there's a lovely one done by a Trinidadian though.

Canadian
Fairly normal... for an American XD (continent of)

Australian
Too quiet. :(

British
She's a female version of ME! OMG, too much waffle. But how she says "water" is how I say it.

Scotts
Very mild Scots accent TBH.

U.S. - Nevada
He gets so worked up about it. Ace. :D

New Zeland
There's a good "Dartah", she says Water correctly though. ;)
Only one bloke!

Actually, I think accents are often different between genders within locations as well. But you know how women like to gas, so I guess they pick up the VLog thing more easily. XD

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

:)

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
:lol:

Actually those 3 English words, I find really irritating. XD And there's another 3 word phrase Southern State people use to do the opposite. ie. to say something really nice, but let you know that they don't believe a word of it, are being sarcastic or, when used alone, believe that what you just said is complete BS.

And the phrase?
"Ain't that special."

Examples?
"So did you hear they have Priston Tale 2 now? Well ain't that special."
"RaGEZONE's been down the past couple of days, ain't that special."
"So the parking attendant gave me this cute little ticket, now ain't that special." and you can combine that one by following it with "Bless his heart." :lol:

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
bobsobol is the only person I know able to produce a wall of text based on air, ain't that special ?
Bless his heart :eek:tt1:

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
I believe the poll is standing at 5:0 to do just that. If the situation doesn't change dramatically before the closing date, it will be stickied.

Anyone besides me have poor taste in humour?
If you are easily offended, this may not be the bedtime story for you. :wink:

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
@bobsobol "Groovy"

Spoiler in title =P

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Believe it or not, I saw MentaL post that one just before I saw yours Vormav. It is funny though. :)

--- EDIT ---

Fitting in with the locals - fail?
mpc - Community spirit - "Off Topic" - RaGEZONE Forums
George W. Bush said:
Then you wake up at the high school level and find out that the illiteracy level of our children are appalling.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
I see :)

Anyone know how to do this in C?

switch ( 0x020305566 ) {
case 0x02030????:
//do something
break;
}

I would like to execute this case when 0x2030???? == 0x020305566 but ???? can be any number, 0x020305566 is number that have different 5566.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
OLD but still funny :)

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
lawl XD

int i = 0x20305566 & 0xFFFF0000;
switch (i){
case 0x20300000:
//do something
break;}

Will that do you?

Several alternatives exist:-

int i = 0x20305566 >> 16;
switch (i){
case 0x2030:
//do something
break;}

for example. Whatever you do, I think you need to process the input before performing selection on it. :wink:

--- EDIT ---

Bearing in mind where I'm posting this, anyone care to place odds as to how long I could get away with the attached release? Full source included. :lol:

No, I'm not attaching any copyright to that. You can call it yours if you like sell it for $ and I'll take this down. :thumbup:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
/me bows.

Actually, I suspect that using the second method and "short i" would actually make smaller code, but wouldn't improve (and may impair) performance.

You then work on a 16-bit figure in switch case, which means only Word based figures on both sides in the cmp, je / jne assembler, rather than DWord.

But since the CPU architecture is 32-bit, you'd still need one of them to be in a 32-bit register anyway. Depending on vendor specific implementation, that may result in more macro-instructions inside the CPU. (more specifically the ALU of the CPU)

Anyway, I think I like typing 4 less zeroes in each case statement, both for typing and reading.

--- EDIT ---

Oh yea, another old but good one which I can dedicate to DarkKnightH20 and use to illustrate the meaning of the word "guttural" to DV. XD
Thanks to "Monkey and Apple"​

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
THX!
Not only simple but its even working ;)
(its selector for my items (max customization))
for some reason PT like to send items information to server in 16 bit register (ax, [edi+1Ch])

[18+] ;)

PS. code you uploaded is not compatible with my chair ;D

Last edited:
Back