Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Community spirit - "Off Topic"

Should this become a permenant - sticky - feature of the PT Development section?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Absolutely. I don't like the slavering bounciness of dogs. But I wouldn't go out of my way to hurt a dog, and am happy to show my friends and families dogs affection... or even a dog distressed when it's owner is in the store and it has to wait outside. :(:

I do play with the cats. Especially when it's wet out and they are *boooooorred*. I have lacerated arms to prove it. Actually, one of my cats will even chase a stick, grab it in his teeth and... maybe bring it back. (he actually hides it first, but when I take that as "end of play time" then he'll dig it out, find me and drop it at my feet looking up with a "play?" face.) XD
cat said:
My stick's broke again Dad. It's not playing any more. Make it play again Dad. Fix it.
The cat's always welcome me home, and the head-buts and smoothing themselves against my leg I can only see as affection.

Of course, I know it's only cupboard love. They love the two legged food machine. But I also know I've patched up injuries and infestations they picked up playing in gardens and chasing rodents, insects and birds.

They trust me to help them with injuries and sores. Where a wild animal would be very aggressive in defending such things. Someone elses' cat would not be so willing to let me... clear dirt out of their eye, or put salt water on a deep cut to prevent infection.

My cats know me, and know that even when I do something that hurts, it will benefit them in the long run. If they are hurt or scared they will come to me or my wife for comfort and aid.

That bond of trust is important to me. Especially in a creature which is so independent under normal circumstances. And it's similar to me. (people like their pets) I'm quite happy to be alone for the vast majority of the time. I like to work independently. Give me a job, let me get on with it. If I don't get back to you, I'm doing it. I'll report back if I hit a snag or when I'm done. But I'm not arrogant enough to think that I am capable of doing everything for myself, and as often as not, the snag I will hit is that someone else in my team / peer group etc. has need of my help which I suspect overrides the activity I'm engaged in.

Working in IT, almost any field thereof, there is always development you can do in the quiet periods. But the fact remains that your primary role is much like a fire-fighter. When an outbreak occurs, you drop what-ever you are doing and jump on in. The knock-on effects of system failure can be immense, so just like outbreaks of fire, IT faults spread the longer you take to respond.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Turtles are way more cool :)

and funny :)

and classic :)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If you've ever played the Suikoden games or heard of them, this RPG is made similarly to it.

mpc - Community spirit - "Off Topic" - RaGEZONE Forums

It is highly rated and has over 60 hour of gameplay. Best of all, it's free.

Exit Fate is a new full-length RPG from SCF, creator of the well-received RPGMaker effort Last Scenario. The game not only features standard 2D battle encounters but boasts a tactical strategy mode as well, in which players must assume control over legions of troops, issue commands and lead their armies to a crushing victory. Bonus items are awarded for good results, especially if the fight ends quickly with minimal losses to your side.

A new addition is the bribe system, allowing players to avoid potentially dangerous encounters by using the local currency as a bargaining device. Use the C key to confirm your selections, or press the X key to cancel your choices.
The magic system is also a slight departure from most common RPGs. You earn mana points as the battle progresses, meaning that most spells can only be cast after several turns. The number of times a spell can be used in each battle is limited, but unused healing spells are cast automatically to restore the health of party members after battle.
Press the Left Alt and Enter key to switch between full screen and windowed mode. This game comes highly recommended if you're a big fan of RPGs, and wouldn't mind a couple of ripped sound effects, music and familiar-looking tilesets. (Windows, 148MB)

My bro is currently playing it and I intend to do the same...Maybe. :ph34r:

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I like Suikoden series so I might give it a try.

is this a joke? ;)

If this is real then I don't think this can be animated.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I saw that video the other day. Pretty cool stuff if it's real!

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Anyone gonna watch the when it comes out!? Live-Action Captain Planet courtesy of Cartoon Network :O:

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@Vormav: Atoms? Sounds like Voxels. Very popular before hardware 3D graphics cards. Used to massive effect in Comanche Maximum Overkill, and Robinson's Requiem.

It's the same method they describe as being "sprites" which always face you. (shown looking up at the tress in Just Cause 2, which doesn't do that on my system, but it adapts it's detail levels to your hardware)

Using LoDs for every object is pretty much the norm. LoD calcuators are pretty fast these days... so if they have developed a system which calculates LoD meshes for groups of atoms on the fly, then I think what they say is possible. But it's still a "trick". The number of polygons your graphics card can render in hardware is fixed. So they have to find some way to convert their "virtual world" into something your card can cope with, or run all rendering in software. (clearly that is wasting a large processor in most home systems)

@DK: Probably not. I was surprised by the X-Men and Iron Man, but I generally don't like comic book remakes of "Kids" cartoons. I love Batman, Judge Dredd, Hulk etc. when taken seriously. Flawed Heroes are okay. I don't mean Kryponite flaws I mean real human flaws.

You have to be pretty messed up to go out wearing your underpants over your tights for a night of beating up psychopaths. :lol:

Bruce Wayn is psychologically traumatised. Bruce Banner is suffering from radioactive traumata, and is essentially suffering Jeckal and Hide like split-personalities. Judge Dredd is a genetically engineered psychopathic killer who was originally designed as a super-villain but ended up more popular than the regular folk he "executed". (rather like the Predator, who becomes a hero when faced with Gigers Aliens) Wolverine has that same broken background; even if he can't consciously remember it.

The one that worked the other way around (for me) from Film to Comic book and TV show, was the plight of Ed Murphy that lead to the creation of Robo-Cop.

You can even see it in Doctor Who. A renegade time-lord exiled from his home world and incensed at the cold-hearted nature of "their law", yet frequently bitten by his "time meddling".

A super-hero knows that "law" can't cover every situation, and therefore will not always be for the best. But working outside of laws means you have nobody to blame but yourself when things go wrong.

@All: Anyone else into conspiracy theory?

Obviously you wont find this in the mainstream press, but there are literally thousands of eye-witness reports of these UFOs in down-town L.A.

Check out this home video! I'm almost convinced it's genuine. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Re: Priston Tale Updater server creator.

1) Place lha.exe in search path
2) Place MakeUps.exe in the directory BELOW your game files
3) CD into your game files (where game.exe is)
4) type "..\MakeUps"
You forgot :
5) Donate to the RageZone PT developers' fund.
We accept freshly baked cookies, jelly beans and unicorn glitter :drool: .

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Re: Priston Tale Updater server creator.

I also accept reciprocal PT developments and have a distinct weakness for licorice sticks, (you know, those things they call sweets but most people think they look and taste like lumps of soft tar) and aniseed balls.

But I lol'd.

The PM actually reminded me that I should probably get back to developing this, and that I believe I have some incomplete changes which should be polished off and released here now that Lunar is no longer active.

I can probably make a modifiable psupdate.exe too. I'm not sure that I still have the one Lunar used.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yay, is finally international standard.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yes. I was checking out the libraries the other day.

I still think the one thing C++ needs "standard, cross-platform" support for is GUIs. I see all sorts of stuff for matrices, arrays, regular expressions, strings, (finally) bitmaps and images. But I don't see anything about the basic WIMP systems around which most programs are now based.

People are making a lot of money locking programmers into one GUI Framework or another, and FOSS developers are making conflicting standards that still don't cover enough systems to be truly "platform independent". (what GUI framework do I use to have my program compile on Windows, MacOS {Carbon? Cocoa?}, Unix {Without X?}, QNX, Windows Mobile, ChromeOS, iOS, AROS & Palm... for example? Oh yea, that would be Java! XD)

Languages like Java, Python, .Net and even just HTML prove that this goal is very much attainable, but why is it limited only to intermediate byte-code or scripted interpreted languages?

Surely the logical thing is to make something like QT, XUL or WXWidgets "the standard". I would think. Then we can finally stop this fighting over Windows / Mac / Linux for everything except... possibly... games. (MS won't give up DirectX, which does have commercial advantages over OpenGL any more than Apple will share QE/CI... same story)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Not normally, but that's a good one. Got my toes tapping. Thanks:)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yes. Terms may have changed by now, as it's been 4 or 5 years since I listened to that kind of dance. We called it's Trance, and that is a nice blend of Chill Out and Uplift "Trance" to my ear.

I think I know what you mean. Americans (not so much Canadians, but U.S. Mexico etc.) tend to say Beaudiful and Warder. He sings "Beautiful" and "Beaudy". Warder spills over to us in the UK, and was *very* common in the far south west where I was raised. But my mother chastised me sternly for saying Warder and Bew'ee.

These chaps use pretty close to my original local dialect... and I can even say I've seen them live in concert. XD They're pretty famous around here, and this footage was from their 1976 top 10 ten hit "Combine Harvester" (joke band, but popular none the less)

They actually hail from a fair bit further north, into "England" proper, compared to me. (I was raised in the land of King Uther Pendragon and Pirate Coves :wink:)

I still say Derlin' instead of Darling and, while I refrain from referring to complete strangers affectionately as "my penis" or "cocker" (very common, like Canadians who say "eh") I do still call them "bird", where most people where I now live would say "duk" or "chook", as in "tah dukeh". (meaning "thank you very much")

Other peculiarities, when traveling the British Isles; where I was raised, a "cob" was always a small crusty bread roll, or the end of a loaf. (the "crust" end or "cob end") Here (East Midlands, where I now live) it's usually either a "foul mood" (as in "He's got a right cob on 'im this morning.") or a sandwich of any description, and I note that only a few hundred miles up the road, in the metropolitan city of Manchester, any form of sandwich is usually referred to as a "Balm Cake". :blink:

If you followed those threads of "English accents" some of them asked questions as to what people call certain things by their description. One was "What do you call the bug with lots of legs, which curls up in a ball when disturbed?" The "bug" in question is clearly a Woodlouse, but where I was raised, it is called a "Chiggiepig". Wasps are called "Jaspers", and a "Daddy long legs" is a Harvest Spider. The last is significant, because by the time you reach as far north as Bath (not very far north at all) a "Daddy long legs" is then a Crane Fly, and not a spider at all. :lol:

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Music is so-so. Video is cool. I love the " "! This is what we where doing to our police stations last week. :wink:

This is the closest the press are getting to "the truth"

They will only show people who are likely to say "young black", but this guy does slip out "and white". All they (politicians and official press) can say is "We couldn't see this coming. Why would people indulge in this wanton destruction?" Like this man, I may be too old to go fire bombing police stations, but I understand very well why so many people across the nation are doing just that.

Back