Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Up-to-date guide for complete newbie.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi all, and thank you for taking the time to read this.

I LOVE Priston Tale but one thing I ALWAYS wanted to have is my own server.
The only problem I however encounter is that most of the guides here are in my opinion written quite poorly or too advanced(not saying I could do it better, but still).
I would love to see a guide to set up a server that is somewhat equal to RealmPT or FroggPT if anyone knows these.

I would absolutely love any help I get.

Thanks for your time reading this.

Staff member
Reaction score
lol, just you want a server like RealmPT? :wink:

There is no such a thing as "up-to-date guide", since the way we setup a PT server don't usually change.... If you know how a pt server works, you'd know that what matter is the server files, so this thread is kinda lame.

All the guides we have is working, so if you really want to setup a pt server I suggest you to go to the Tutorials Section

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
As I said most tutorials I find are poorly written, because the English grammar isn't all that good in most of them.
It makes it quite hard to understand.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Because we are from all over the world. However is you speak fluent computer'ish you should have no problem understanding those tutorials. There is nothing wring with asking: "Hey what did you mean by that".

Imri Persiado
Reaction score
It's impossible to build a Ferrari if you don't know how to build a simple basic car especially when you can't even follow the building instructions

Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
Awaken and raise your volition and try using the tutorials again. It will seem that it were better written.

I know nothing of some stuff and make those while learning. I know nothing of programming or networking and in 2 days i assembled a PT server. I made it using this tutorial. I could even put a hammer to that mechanician skill, and even change the sequence of skills, etc..

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
As I said most tutorials I find are poorly written, because the English grammar isn't all that good in most of them.
It makes it quite hard to understand.
Wait!? What did you just say about my Grandma?! You don't even *know* her yea? So just shut yer face! XD

I think my grammar is usually pretty good, even if my spelling is atrocious. XD

None of us here know how to set up a server like frogg or rPT. They are not simple setups. Even those who work for frogg or rPT couldn't write a simple guide to set them up without giving you a backup of their server files. Even then if you can't follow the simple and straight forward guides we have (many of which, but not all, are in very good, plain English and extremely well written IMHO) then there is no way you could follow a brain dump from one of the guys who's been working those servers for the last 10 - 15 years and forgotten more about how to set those servers up than *I* know about PT. ^_^

Fact: Setting up a PT server is not simple.
Fact: Writing a simple guide to complex thing is not simple.
Fact: Most people winge that our guides are crap until they understand how to install PT... then they try to write their own and realise that they've just re-written an exact copy of all the other guides they didn't understand when they where trying to set up their server for the first time. XD
Fact: Performing armature open heart surgery will, inevitably, lead to a few mishaps. No matter how well Greys Anatomy is written and regardless of the number of times you read it. ^_^

Back