Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to Disable Time Error in logs

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello!

I've notice these in the logs

17:33:47 - ID:( id ) / Name:( ign ) / IP ( 127.0.0.1 ) Time Error - Speed Hack ( 30376 )( 0 )
17:33:50 - Name:( ign ) / IP ( 127.0.0.1 ) Time Mismatch ( 30422 )

I know this occurs when the client and server time don't match and in any case, when someone using speed hack. But in my case, even players who don't use speed hack or any sort of tools record logs like this and worst is they keep no getting DC every time the server record the logs.

I suspect maybe this was caused by some premium items like Exp Potion, Third Eye etc.
In this case, is there any way I could disable the server to record such log or maybe don't automatically kick someone who has this kind of log?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yes. It's been done for over Exp hits, because high level players often get more Exp than the server thinks is reasonable. So I don't see why it can't be done for this too.

Of course, you should replace this with some other security of your own.

I'd start by looking for references to the string, or the table the string is in. It's probably an indexed array of error / reason strings.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I found out that the main problem is the host machine's system clock. When I start the server.exe and other programs such as clansodmanager, anti-hacking program etc., the system clock freezes. Is it related to RAM / memory? I knew system clock is related to the CMOS clock but I don't get why it freezes.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
There's a real-time quartz crystal clock on the motherboard. It should keep time to within 2 seconds a year, and that much is essential for synchronisation on Kerberus secured networks. If your system clock is more than a couple of seconds out, domain login will fail. Even for essential system tasks, not just users.

It is morelikely that one of these things is programatically altering the system clock than it should be going out of sync. It's possible though. Even since quartz crystal watches, they can loose time, and there's no saying there isn't a short on the motherboard.

Programatic "clock stoppers" are a popular tool for crackers, when trying to bypass time limited trials on software. Make sure you aren't running anything like that. Of course, it's never a wise idea to use cracked software of any kind on a server. That's particulaly difficult to achieve with leaked game servers. ^_^

Back