Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Duplicating the item randomization process

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello, Im currently creating a server for a game that is NOT Pristontale, ( Although I played PT for many many years on end ).

What I want to do is duplicate the item randomization process that happens when an item drops. I see the item files and how they are randomized in the TXT file, and I see how they are connected to the zhoon in the next folder ( although I dont know exactly what this Zhoon accomplishes ).
The game I want to implement this in is Shaiya, It has a Items.dbo, In the SQL, that has all the items in it, they are all just one stat though. I want to try to figure out how I could make the stats be randomized when they drop ( to a certain extent that I can edit ofcourse ).

If somone could provide their PT item database from the SQL at the least, I could take a look at that also, Since I have not set up an actual pristontale server yet.
Any help would be greatly appriciated :)

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The problem with this question is that it is asking questions which only apply if your logical assumptions are correct. However, nothing about PT is logical, and therefore, they are not. :wink:

There is 0 item information in the PT SQL database. Everything is in those text files you've seen, player game save files, logs, (not used, only for admin records) the client and server executable file (for which we have no source code) and mesh and texture assets.

To randomise anything in a computer you create a pseudo random number generation function and feed it a seed figure. For more "random" results, you can use a mangled form of one of the internal system clocks as the seed.

More likely, you will use an existing function built into whatever language you are programming in. (I don't know of any 2nd generation or later language which doesn't have such a function built-in)

Back