Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Easy server+client kit =3..

Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
Can someone please give links to an "easy to use" (just for personal/in-home (not to go online) use) PT 'kit' (client+server), that runs nice on windows 10?

Some friends and some other dudes were asking me for maps and asking me to edit maps and etc.. But i was doing a lot of other stuff and i did not had the time really... And I (or one of those dudes) had the idea of teaching them how to make those things...So the dudes would know how to make those things and not pester me too much...

But i need some "easy" 'game+server' kit, to test of some limits of PT_engine stuff, if you would be so kind to do that =3...

I will make a map for the first one that gives me such 'kit', with tutorial (more like something between "directors comments" + "making of") so you guys too will know how to deal with those things... Details of this map will be discussed with that person, and the results (and the making-of videos) will be public.

It does not have to be one with "tier 24" or "directX 2018" and etc.. just a plain simple client+server will suffice.

So.. yeah.. thats it :)...

sheen: Ah man eu sei q pessoal deve pedir essas coisas e tal... mas releva aí dessa vez... imagino q venha a ser o melhor a se fazer no caso...

Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
Ah... Its good to hear from you Mr.Sunny :)...

I like that song, from a Wes Montgomery LP... that i remember.. XD.. Oh its got your name in it XD...

The summer is comming for us, and for Sheen too XD..

Ah... this song is nice too... more for an "acid jazz" tone and etc.. xd...

I will try and parley with that system you suggested.. and then we will see... :)...

Edit: Oh Sheen, já falei pra vc usar creme protetor solar?

If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it. The long-term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists, whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this advice now.

Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth. Oh, never mind. You will not understand the power and beauty of your youth until they've faded. But trust me, in 20 years, you'll look back at photos of yourself and recall in a way you can't grasp now how much possibility lay before you and how fabulous you really looked. You are not as fat as you imagine.

Don't worry about the future. Or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum. The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind, the kind that blindside you at 4pm on some idle Tuesday.

Do one thing every day that scares you.

Sing.

Don't be reckless with other people's hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours.

Floss.

Don't waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind. The race is long and, in the end, it's only with yourself.

Remember compliments you receive. Forget the insults. If you succeed in doing this, tell me how.

Keep your old love letters. Throw away your old bank statements.

Stretch.

Don't feel guilty if you don't know what you want to do with your life. The most interesting people I know didn't know at 22 what they wanted to do with their lives. Some of the most interesting 40-year-olds I know still don't.

Get plenty of calcium. Be kind to your knees. You'll miss them when they're gone.

Maybe you'll marry, maybe you won't. Maybe you'll have children, maybe you won't. Maybe you'll divorce at 40, maybe you'll dance the funky chicken on your 75th wedding anniversary. Whatever you do, don't congratulate yourself too much, or berate yourself either. Your choices are half chance. So are everybody else's.

Enjoy your body. Use it every way you can. Don't be afraid of it or of what other people think of it. It's the greatest instrument you'll ever own.

Dance, even if you have nowhere to do it but your living room.

Read the directions, even if you don't follow them.

Do not read beauty magazines. They will only make you feel ugly.

Get to know your parents. You never know when they'll be gone for good. Be nice to your siblings. They're your best link to your past and the people most likely to stick with you in the future.

Understand that friends come and go, but with a precious few you should hold on. Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography and lifestyle, because the older you get, the more you need the people who knew you when you were young.

Live in New York City once, but leave before it makes you hard. Live in Northern California once, but leave before it makes you soft. Travel.

Accept certain inalienable truths: Prices will rise. Politicians will philander. You, too, will get old. And when you do, you'll fantasize that when you were young, prices were reasonable, politicians were noble and children respected their elders.

Respect your elders.

Don't expect anyone else to support you. Maybe you have a trust fund. Maybe you'll have a wealthy spouse. But you never know when either one might run out.

Don't mess too much with your hair or by the time you're 40 it will look 85.

Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia. Dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it's worth.

But trust me on the sunscreen.

Last edited:
Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
Some links are not working or only working up to 12%.. kind of strange..
I will try again tomorrow...

Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
I think i downloaded all (or all but one) parts... will try again the video procedures (i even downloaded the video XD, and put all those files and the video in a 'kit' folder =D...) again, in time ..

You guys should make a kit (client+server) with that 'Vormav Mod' fully enabled (to change individual parts of the character's 'clothing' (armor)), it would be a lovely 'RZ Legacy PT kit' XD...

I did not really came to test the SunnyZ kit, but i have reasons to believe it really does work. So, for his generosity, i bestow to this most excellent SunnyZ the 'general direction' of the map (if the map is a 'dungeon', the maps general color palette, the map's format (draw the map, etc..) )..

So, please SunnyZ, imagine a map and explain about it here, explain it well, and i will make the map's model.. And make it available here.. I will record the process and make those videos available so all the friends can also learn some modeling techniques and stuff :)...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey ScreamingFox, you should make a "Coliseum Map", do you remember the Iron 1 map where Babel spawn? That place is something kind like a coliseum, which makes sense, because if you put spawn points on the "jails" of the animals, you could set to spawn only Hestian, silver bronze and golden wolverine, and hell hound and chimera, would be a lovely map!

Thanks anyway, just an idea :)

Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
That place in Iron 1, i kind of remember, but it is not exactly a 'coliseum', it more like a 'meeting hall'.. or, even better, a "boss stage".. A nice boss stage, for a rpg-esque game, i think, would be a large place, and with the decoration kind of reminding this boss..

But a 'coliseum' is different... i was making a neat coliseum-like map part.. some Ricarten mayor hired me to make a theater like arena (a 'coliseum') on Ric... Consider this 'coliseum-like' map (image)... it has an entrance in witch only the ones that would fight will enter, and the ramps to give access to the spectators...

ScreamingFox - Easy server+client kit =3.. - RaGEZONE Forums

ScreamingFox - Easy server+client kit =3.. - RaGEZONE Forums

(it is still lacking some ramps)

So, on a technical point of view, if it would be for only a player agains some odds, some SOD maps would suffice, but, if you want a 'coliseum experience', you would got to have some 'architecture' so the 'audience' can climb to a place in which they could see the fight...

One of the most important things for an 'arena' is to enable the 'mob' to watch incredible fights.. This one on the images is lacking the decoration (i will only add the statues and flags and stuff when i am able to test it ingame, etc..)...

Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
Nya.. thats nothing xd... or not exactly nothing, but something... its something... etc... =3...

I did not finish this map (added the 'decorations' (statues, flags, lighting posts, etc... etc...) because i was having some trouble setting up a viable PT kit (working client+server).. and i wanted to test some things (especially the camera angles) before adding the decorations and finish the map... I was thinking of adding a "clouds shadows" effect (like when clouds are passing by and you see their shadows on the ground...) and some fake volumetric lights to add to the setting xd... I think those things are viable and not to difficult to make..

But, about 'arenas', since the P`T maps have a very simple architecture, any large open place can be called an 'arena' XD... Every map i make i put some 'arena like' area, since some servers are full-pvp...

Currently i am studying some methods for making procedurally generated maps.. Perhaps someday i will release a MAXScript to assemble some models into a neat PT map.. For dungeons maps it is not so complicated..

Back