Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Exp potion

Imri Persiado
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

The exp potions by default counts the time while the user is offline.
I wonder if someone got information about the exp potion that will help me to disable the count while the user is offline.

Last edited by a moderator:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
server records the time when you use the exp potion,at the same time it adds some time to the time recorded,then everytime server will compare the time now to the time when you used the exp potion,if big,then it will disappear.(of course every item has its own memory to store its time)so if you want to make it stop,you should add the time euqal to your leaving time to your time recorded...maybe i cannot express my idea clearly,i think i will make an example for you recently..one method ,when you exit the game,you can record the time into one virtual address,and when you are online,you can use the server time minus the time in virtual address and add this value into your item unqiue time address(time when you use the exp potion)..then they keep balance atuomaticlly...can you understand?

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
What rxaicy says is what I was thinking, but as stated, I'm not sure it's clear.

Look at it the other way. Time doesn't tick down while you're offline. While you're offline your player.dat file is inactive, and no processing is done. Rather, the worlds clocks don't stop just because you aren't playing. XD

If you want to do this, you need to find a way to process the player.dat file differently when the player logs off, and then logs back on to how it is processed while they are playing.

Many possibilities open up from that perspective which don't exist as the server is presently written.

Problems:-
  1. What if the player DCs?
  2. What if the server crashes?
  3. What if antelopes eat your hamster?... Eh?... No? Wait... Anybody? Just me?... My dad? No? Just me then. :)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Force orbs have their own time function. It doesn't suit other items. It uses protocol 50320030 just in server side.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Well... maybe.

I think SunnyZ is suggesting an Exp Force Orb. An Orb that provides a buff equivalent to the Exp Potion?

Back