Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Flag appears in place of item ...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, I'm using the files edited by MPT Gzuz, and I'm having problems with the items IceMIne, they are added in game.exe and server.exe are also files in folders on the client and server. When sumono item drops a flag in the same place and when I floor it along the same some? what could be wrong?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
They aren't added in game.exe correctly. The flag indicates that something has spawned, or will spawn, but it doesn't know what.

You see flags where mobs will spawn as a Debug user, and you see them where you drop items which the client doesn't recognise.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
That is the descriptive code, but is the numeric code which, (and Sheen can correct me if I'm wrong) is probably the one sent by drop packets, the same both ends?

It usually is if the item index is the same, unless the index boundries between item types have been shifted incorrectly. (eg, in the table, but not in the code, is the most frequent mistake)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That is the descriptive code, but is the numeric code which, (and Sheen can correct me if I'm wrong) is probably the one sent by drop packets, the same both ends?

It usually is if the item index is the same, unless the index boundries between item types have been shifted incorrectly. (eg, in the table, but not in the code, is the most frequent mistake)

And what you would guide me to do Bobsobol ... ignore the code since it was added wrong? or have a way to fix?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well, it's MPT, and therefore quite a lot of that stuff is unlike anything I'm used to. I'd want to fix it, of course, but I wouldn't know how, especially with an already modified client and server, until I dove into the code and tried doing so. I'm not going to do that with MPT. Ever!

If you are going to look at it, I'd decide if you're going to fix the client or the server, or even start again from scratch. Influencing factors may include:-
  • how easy the code is to understand either end
  • which item list you *like* more
  • bugs you notice which will break things even if the lists are in synch
  • a direction you have in mind for your server
The server usually doesn't have side links to inventory images, drop object meshes etc to worry about, but can be so heavily modified already that any change breaks all the things forever. XD Which, probably, just applies both sides in MPT, and the server may actually be less modified. Also, those side links probably exist in the server (because it has a client embedded in it) but aren't actually used... so breaking them is okay. (ish)

After you've made that decision, you just go through the code applying standard reverse engineering to track all references to the tables and making changes as appropriate. Only you will know what to do as you go along.

Rant, because I'm getting bored of both "can you tutorial me to make my own atomic bomb plx" and "can you tutorial me how to stand up from this chair plx" again. XD
It would be massively easier to do it and give you "fixed" files than tell you how to go about it. I don't want to do it, so if you don't know how to do it for yourself, either learn by doing stuff that already has tutorials and / or is considerably less tedious, or give up.

If you don't know how to "eat food" for example... what am I going to do? Write a manual on eating food? Give you a 3 point summery, 1) Place food in mouth. 2) Chew until manageable 3) Swallow and, if unsuccessful, return to step 2? Or just chew it up, stick it in your mouth and hold your nose and mouth until it's gone?

Clearly, for me, the answer is to give you the summery, and hope to blazes you can figure it out from there. XD

Fact: "How to eat food" is something your mother should have taught you as she was weaning you off her breast.
Fact: "Reverse Engineering" is something you should already know pretty well before you attempt to alter code in Olly to this extent.

The "How to: Reverse Engineering" YouTube video is so boring it's never been posted. Rather like the "How to: Write a Dictionary" video. XD

Some people can reverse engineer. Some people can write dictionaries. They don't buy a book and master it. They don't watch a video on YouTube and become an expert. They don't (usually) study a course in it at school, or college. They just have a passion, and study in their own time, from many sources, and along-side other things they do.
Not saying you can't do this detetive, just saying you really need to do it for yourself... or, at least do as much as you can, and list the code you've changed and what you seem to have missed / got wrong. Code someone else has changed and messed up is meaningless, because they aren't here to explain it. ^_^

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, it's MPT, and therefore quite a lot of that stuff is unlike anything I'm used to. I'd want to fix it, of course, but I wouldn't know how, especially with an already modified client and server, until I dove into the code and tried doing so. I'm not going to do that with MPT. Ever!

If you are going to look at it, I'd decide if you're going to fix the client or the server, or even start again from scratch. Influencing factors may include:-
  • how easy the code is to understand either end
  • which item list you *like* more
  • bugs you notice which will break things even if the lists are in synch
  • a direction you have in mind for your server
The server usually doesn't have side links to inventory images, drop object meshes etc to worry about, but can be so heavily modified already that any change breaks all the things forever. XD Which, probably, just applies both sides in MPT, and the server may actually be less modified. Also, those side links probably exist in the server (because it has a client embedded in it) but aren't actually used... so breaking them is okay. (ish)

After you've made that decision, you just go through the code applying standard reverse engineering to track all references to the tables and making changes as appropriate. Only you will know what to do as you go along.

Rant, because I'm getting bored of both "can you tutorial me to make my own atomic bomb plx" and "can you tutorial me how to stand up from this chair plx" again. XD
It would be massively easier to do it and give you "fixed" files than tell you how to go about it. I don't want to do it, so if you don't know how to do it for yourself, either learn by doing stuff that already has tutorials and / or is considerably less tedious, or give up.

If you don't know how to "eat food" for example... what am I going to do? Write a manual on eating food? Give you a 3 point summery, 1) Place food in mouth. 2) Chew until manageable 3) Swallow and, if unsuccessful, return to step 2? Or just chew it up, stick it in your mouth and hold your nose and mouth until it's gone?

Clearly, for me, the answer is to give you the summery, and hope to blazes you can figure it out from there. XD

Fact: "How to eat food" is something your mother should have taught you as she was weaning you off her breast.
Fact: "Reverse Engineering" is something you should already know pretty well before you attempt to alter code in Olly to this extent.

The "How to: Reverse Engineering" YouTube video is so boring it's never been posted. Rather like the "How to: Write a Dictionary" video. XD

Some people can reverse engineer. Some people can write dictionaries. They don't buy a book and master it. They don't watch a video on YouTube and become an expert. They don't (usually) study a course in it at school, or college. They just have a passion, and study in their own time, from many sources, and along-side other things they do.
Not saying you can't do this detetive, just saying you really need to do it for yourself... or, at least do as much as you can, and list the code you've changed and what you seem to have missed / got wrong. Code someone else has changed and messed up is meaningless, because they aren't here to explain it. ^_^

Our .. had no intention of letting anyone bothered, I have seen so many others asking really stupid things and getting a "tutorial" and tried the same risk. But I agree with all your settings, just wanted to shorten a solution to my problem because the rush (this treacherous enemy). But I'm just an enthusiast of programming and computer science in general, but I'm studying and I intend to soon be able to collaborate more with all forum participants. But with 06 children being one of only 10 months is not an easy task to assemble a server or have time for an activity in satisfaction as is my case (mecher in Priston). I'll try here and resolve, put the solution here ...

Hug and sorry again!

Back