Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

game.exe doesnt start

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hello,

Today i setup my own PT server using MPT client and server files.
I followed this tutorial:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f399/fully-working-server-virtual-box-922253/

Now, the server is running and i can login as admin using admin.exe .
the problem is that i cant run the client using game.exe . when trying to double-click it, nothing happens.

can someone help me please?

thanks,
ziv

Last edited by a moderator:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
hello,

Today i setup my own PT server using MPT client and server files.
I followed this tutorial:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f399/fully-working-server-virtual-box-922253/

Now, the server is running and i can login as admin using admin.exe .
the problem is that i cant run the client using game.exe . when trying to double-click it, nothing happens.

can someone help me please?

thanks,
ziv

If your using MysteryPT Full client install game.exe wont work maybe hex the admin.exe from using LocalPT.ini and rename to game.exe so players can use that instead.

Thats what i have done.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
use this command on execute menu.
game.exe /pt

your game will run
or can you remove this function using olly.

Function:
005B2A35 - E9 3103F003 JMP 044B2D6B
005B2A3A 90 NOP
005B2A3B 90 NOP

change to
005B2A35 . 8945 98 MOV DWORD PTR SS:[EBP-68],EAX
005B2A38 . F645 C8 01 TEST BYTE PTR SS:[EBP-38],1

save and run again game.exe

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If your using MysteryPT Full client install game.exe wont work maybe hex the admin.exe from using LocalPT.ini and rename to game.exe so players can use that instead.

Thats what i have done.

thanks for answer,
can you explain how to hex the admin.exe or give me a link to guide please?

another question about admin.exe - when i log to "admin" account, everything goes fine. but when i login another account i created, after loading screen i get "disconnect with server" message. why is it?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
thanks for answer,
can you explain how to hex the admin.exe or give me a link to guide please?

another question about admin.exe - when i log to "admin" account, everything goes fine. but when i login another account i created, after loading screen i get "disconnect with server" message. why is it?
Because the Admin client is insecure. So it can be used on any server (not just the one the original MPT team hosted) so instead it can only be used by Administrators. Not regular players.

Either you use their server (now closed down) with the regular client, or your own as the Administrator. No "players" can connect to your server with their client. ;)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Because the Admin client is insecure. So it can be used on any server (not just the one the original MPT team hosted) so instead it can only be used by Administrators. Not regular players.

Either you use their server (now closed down) with the regular client, or your own as the Administrator. No "players" can connect to your server with their client. ;)

Understood :)
So how can i hex it and change it to game.exe so players can log in?

Thanks,
Ziv

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't try that, because it sounds too difficult for too little gain. I'd probably give up before I got that done.

I would try WinSockets' suggestion (thanks WinSocket) because that's well written and sounds like just the trick. :)

I haven't tried though, so please let us know how you get on following his instructions. ^_^

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks bob and Winsocket. Could you guys tell us how to this in details "use this command on execute menu.
game.exe /pt" sorry for my noob. I'm sure I have had no idea how to use olly. Thank you!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you use win7 can u use this method:
SS - game.exe doesnt start - RaGEZONE Forums
or can you use this method
SS2 - game.exe doesnt start - RaGEZONE Forums

Remembering that this is an example

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Is this with the Admin client and non-admin player? I think that's what most people are trying. To lock the player security back into the admin client.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is this with the Admin client and non-admin player? I think that's what most people are trying. To lock the player security back into the admin client.

hi,

what i did is install regular MPT client, and then unzip admin files into the client folder.
from admin.exe, i can log only to admin account.

how to lock the player security back so regular player can log in?

thanks,
ziv

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I think that's what is telling you. You can't use Olly on the release client, but most people are renaming admin.exe to game.exe, overwriting the unmodifiable (and infected) release version.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I think that's what is telling you. You can't use Olly on the release client, but most people are renaming admin.exe to game.exe, overwriting the unmodifiable (and infected) release version.

As bobosol said for people to connect to my server all i did was rename admin.exe and hex edit out the hotuk used for GM access out of the players client like mpt files use savedata/localpt.ini just remove that line from Admin.exe and rename it to game.exe

Back