Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Hacking

Imri Persiado
Reaction score
Hello,

I want to discuss ask for help and warn you about few things.
There is kind of a mad hacker which called galyan he have hacked XternalPT and going to hack LunarPT and so my too.
He did that on the sql database and also in some speed hacks.
we have to stop that hacker and all the other hackers I'm tired of checking logs every 5 minuet and find another hacker in my game.
if someone want to ban this hacker in his pt please contact me and I will share with you all his ip's but there is a little problem he always go to another cafe which means another ip.

now I can I stop all those speed hacks? the Excalibur Anti-Hack.exe is not working for me it's ask for a component which called network.ocx.

And how we all can be protected in our databases from this hacker?

he have hacked xternalpt accountDb so please let's once be all friends and get together to stop this crazyness!

edit: my forum been hacked now.. how the hell?!~? it's php that developed by a great company which call smf! No one have access to my host and there no moderators.. I gues it's this galyan.
let's see who is the next

Last edited by a moderator:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
That kind of person doesn't even deserve a topic on RZ :p Let's just show him how you don't care and he will stop hopefully

Imri Persiado
Reaction score
Maybe he dont deserve a thread in ragezone but soon when more and more servers will be hacked that would be too late to have your data back.. start to backup your files.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
When come to your SQL and databases problems, switching to MySQL might help (it even allow you to do backup when everything is running). I am not sure how your server is attacked (you are the guy with the .log's =P) but if hes doing some sql injection on your PHP(?) files then theres way to prevent that (mysql_real_escape_string() etc.), even switching from IIS to Apache (even for clan files with mod_aspdotnet) boosting your security (IIS is good for localhost only ;)). Security never was my priority (speed bit more over security) but there might be a way to jump to DC(4) when abnormality (like speed hack) is used. Baning his IP might never end, its not like hes using Internet café (I think), he might have provider with external dynamic IP or using proxy... GL banning 999999 IPs :}
And be sure you are not using passwords like "sex" or "123456" ;)

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Baning his IP might never end, its not like hes using Internet café (I think), he might have provider with external dynamic IP or using proxy... GL banning 999999 IPs :}
And be sure you are not using passwords like "sex" or "123456" ;)
ISP range or not, users are only allowed a limited pool of IPs. When you have a dynamic IP, you eventually use again an IP you already used.
So yeah banning each new IP might actually end :)

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
ISP range or not, users are only allowed a limited pool of IPs. When you have a dynamic IP, you eventually use again an IP you already used.

That depends in the ISP.... I got a static ip, if I use the MAC Clone settings of my router, I will get a new IP immediately. Also if I didn't use a MAC address for a while and re-use it, I will get a completely new static IP address. So it really depends of what country you live in and your ISP.

Maybe you can create yourself a small antihack by injecting a custom made DLL into the server, and make yourself a complete new logging system when values are out of range or something like that.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

You can always ban an IP range but thats a bad strategy. Image that more users from your server connecting by using same ISP... you will ban them too. And than he will use proxy... so baning will never end :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You can always ban an IP range but thats a bad strategy. Image that more users from your server connecting by using same ISP... you will ban them too. And than he will use proxy... so baning will never end :)

with PeerBlock you can add preapred proxy lists which updates with every proxy and then its not able to use proxies more. example :

simply add the Update URL: to PeerBlock and it will auto update with every proxy

Imri Persiado
Reaction score
Yes I am using it, and I would like to know how to stop this speed hacks.. I am using the pt protector but it's not avoid people to use hacks in my game.

Imri Persiado
Reaction score
When someone hack it's show in logs as a client energy error bar and it's still not auto-ban them.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
then configure your auto banner ?
before post test what to do then come with questions about your test and about the specfic software / thing you need .. you talk too general

Imri Persiado
Reaction score
I already said, my auto banner [pt protector] seem not be an "auto" banner.. I did configured him correctly for sure cause I did the sql test in it and everything is fine .. I guess there is another anti-hack system that some of you are using and I would like to know which software it is if you mind thanks.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
PT Protector just sets the block in the SQL to 1 -- so that isn't happening for you tnrh1? Another block method (not implemented into PT Protector since I some reason never thought about it at the time...) is via BLACKUSER and it's capable of kicking people off the server (if I remember correctly at least).

Be careful of what hacks you have PT Protector detecting by the way. Some can be false positives and those false positives increase SIGNIFICANTLY if you end up making over powered items so modify the list as needed (if you decide to continue using PT Protector).

Some alternatives to PT Protector are Excalibur and Ultimate Defense -- both by QuantumFusion. They're setup in such a way that they act as trials or something like that if I recall (it's been awhile). You can find them floating around in some locations, cracked of course.

Imri Persiado
Reaction score
Seem that the pt protector dont put this little "1" into the sql.. I did the sql test and it's work and I have the client enery in the list marked so where I am wrong?

the excalibur saying that a ocx file is not working correctly and the ultimate defense I never found :0 I hope that someone sitll have the link.

Last edited:
Back