Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

I need help editing Log in Screen!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I want to edit my log in screen, anyone can help me here? Thank you.! :):

Last edited by a moderator:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Login background is in StartImage\Opening called GameLogo?.tga where ? is a number from 1 to 5. These textures need to be "stitched" in your image editor (Photoshop / Gimp / PainShop Pro etc.) and then unhitched back to the original tiles.

The actual text on the buttons is an overlay texture in GameLogo6.tga. (usually)
qToj6QN - I need help editing Log in Screen! - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
very nice, @bob: how u do for unlock all .tga?
tnks

You can use bobsobols file patcher here: http://forum.ragezone.com/f399/pt-file-patcher-684994/

To use it, just extract the exe anywhere, click and hold on your main pristontale install folder, drag it onto the file patcher exe, it will then convert every image and sound file to a readable format.

TO edit targa images you can use photoshop, I've heard you can also use gimp, but I am not sure of this as I've never tried.
Remember when editing TGA's you must also edit the alpha layer (this layer shows whats visible and invisible in game) also, remember to save/export as 32bit targa.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
As SunnyZ says, but I had difficulty with Photoshop and PaintShop Pro getting the correct export format. I had to convert to bottom left to top right form, where they wanted to export top left to bottom right. It's just the order the pixels are encoded, and there's a flag in the TGA file to indicate which it uses, that PT doesn't seem to read. If you get it wrong, PT shows the image upside down and mirrored.

Serif Photo Plus seemed to export in the format PT expected automatically, and handled the alpha layer all in one (like working on a 32-bit PNG) where PaintShop Pro handled the alpha layer as a separate overlay.

I'm currently using to enable thumbnail image view of TGA files in Explorer. It's freeware, open source (google code) and works with 32 and 64 bit versions of Windows.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Srsly bob, you should do thread with "useful apps"! You recommended so many awesome programs... if afraid to think what I'm missing!

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
lol. Well, a few years ago I'd recommended a different thumbnail extension for Windows, but when they'd ironed out the bugs for x64, it seems that cost them so much they needed to charge for it. I'd used a third pack of filters which was freeware but, closed source and buggy as hell. I suffered so many complete Explorer lock-ups I really wasn't comfortable recommending that.

So I knew a good, free solution for x86 Windows XP, but not much for x64 or Vista+ until I found this about 8 - 10 months ago? I'm now comfortable that it hasn't crashed or locked up Explorer or any file Open / Save dialogues (all of which hook in to such plugins) and so I'm happy to recommend it. :D

What else are you missing? ? ? ? ? ? ? IDK... depends what you're looking for. XD Those are a few of the things I find particularly cool and free (well, Fences is a minor "nag") right now. ^_^

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I finish doing 1 already.. Thanks for the guide :) Not so smooth but i guess not bad for first time using photoshop for first time xD

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Back