Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

hotuk.ini ClanServer Settings

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
A long time ago when I started with PT, I was wondering how to enable the clan system without having to patch the game.exe's http string. My ISP was blocking all ports below 1024 and I had no other choice but to setup my clanserver on a different port.

I tried configuring my hotuk.ini to setup my clanserver without success. with next lines:
Code:
*CLAN_SERVER [IPADDRESS] 80 [IPADDRESS] 80
*ENABLE_CLAN

I didn't succeed by changing the port number, so I kept trying different variations, and I found the following solution.
Code:
*CLAN_SERVER [IPADDRESS]:[PORT] 80 [IPADDRESS]:[PORT] 80
*ENABLE_CLAN

This works perfect. ^^
So if any of you have the same problems as I had, here's a solution for you if you haven't found one yet.

Anyway, my conclusion of this is that the server just passes the CLAN_SERVER_IP_ADDRESS to the client, because you can find various strings containing "http://%s/..." in the client. I don't really get what was wrong with the PT developers.... But at least it works like this

Last edited by a moderator:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So... if I understand right
Code:
*CLAN_SERVER [IPADDRESS] 1025 [IPADDRESS] 1025
*ENABLE_CLAN
Didn't set up the clan ASP to access a web server listening on port 1025?

That's interesting to know.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Yeah it's exactly working like that, I found this a looooong time ago, but since I'm not in the PT development anymore so I thought this would be nice to share.
Maybe I'll share more stuff later, just setting up a test server right now and found my old configurations.

Back