Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Could items be spawned instead of monsters?

Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
Yeah.. i thought of that.. Imagine if i would make a 'PVP' map, but, instead of monsters, some parts of the map would spawn "powerups" like mana packs (that 'mana potion x10') or 'shelton forces', etc..

I thought of a 'lite server' with fewer items and just pvp maps, to be played by a limited number of friends.. like, the 'shelton forces' would last only 1 minute, on labyrinth styled maps.. and 'pre-determined' character builds, etc XD.. Would be fun to play at lan, etc :)..

Reaction score
It definitely is possible.
RPT had this Easter event where easter egg items would drop randomly in ric.

How ever, no how to do it:(

Perhaps you can use the spawn flags.
I think spawn flags just use gm command to summon monsters from teh list of monsters in the map file.
Perhaps if you could trick the flag to do /@put instead of /monster it will spawn items instead of monsters?
The monster name inside the map data file you change to item ids.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'll take the course of discussion and wonder:

"Could be possible, on the same map, some spawns have different monsters spawned by specific spots?

Like:
"Hopy is only spawned at this place of the map (or this specific spawn flag)"
"And HobGoblin only be spawned at..."

?

It might be hard to do?

Last edited:
Staff member
Reaction score
Try to replace the mob skin with the item skin ??

AFAIK Itens are coded differently from monsters. (to show monster/npc/player is the same opcode, but to show a dropped item it is another one)

Maybe you talking aboyt the mana that appears when the SOD ends ?

Last edited:
Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
Try to replace the mob skin with the item skin ??

AFAIK Itens are coded differently from monsters. (to show monster/npc/player is the same opcode, but to show a dropped item it is another one)

Maybe you talking aboyt the mana that appears when the SOD ends ?

I did not understand the first statement..

But yes, alike to the manas that appears when SOD ends.. ;b

Reaction score
man, it can be easy done!, i can think in two systems , one of Sod, like last round. and another, like BC fountain.
for sod system, is easy to do, becouse , its wappen with XYZ cordinate, and for fountain too, but , i think ur point is Sod system, right ???
so, i think in a few things to do, like a read .ini for load it.... what you think about ..
maybe i do it for you and share with the comunity! =D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
man, it can be easy done!, i can think in two systems , one of Sod, like last round. and another, like BC fountain.
for sod system, is easy to do, becouse , its wappen with XYZ cordinate, and for fountain too, but , i think ur point is Sod system, right ???
so, i think in a few things to do, like a read .ini for load it.... what you think about ..
maybe i do it for you and share with the comunity! =D

And about my wondering?
Any hint? :tongue:

Last edited:
Reaction score
in fact masterdragon, pt do not work that way, BUTTTT, yes, i can do a 'special spot', or two tree... and in this spot will apper another king of monster, but this is not the line of the topic, so... get back in the front. About itens spawn, i serach about sod last round,... , and the drop 'higher' the floor is a special thing to mana potion in sod, you can drop one one your character and you will see the same, so, a itens drop will apper like a 'normal' drop of monster.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It definitely is possible.
RPT had this Easter event where easter egg items would drop randomly in ric.

How ever, no how to do it:(

Perhaps you can use the spawn flags.
I think spawn flags just use gm command to summon monsters from teh list of monsters in the map file.
Perhaps if you could trick the flag to do /@put instead of /monster it will spawn items instead of monsters?
The monster name inside the map data file you change to item ids.
In fact, I believe PT works the other way around. When the /@put or /@monster commands are used, the server places a temporary spawn flag down at the players location with a unique single entitty spawn list, and at the next spawn time, the entity appears, and the flag is then removed again.

My idea along this line was the same as Sheens', and we've discussed it before. Make a 0HP 0Atk 0 Movement Speed monster shaped like a treasure chest which will drop specific prize the moment you touch it. This is a reasonably 0 code altering technique. You just make a chest skin, and set up the Monster ini.

Back