Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

kPT clients

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody had:
full 2477 kPT client
full 1977 kPT client

They down have to be translated but i wont bother :eek:tt1:
I've been looking for these some time now..
I was using the newest cleint but that doesnt work out so well..

I use this kPT-1977 server and this kPT-2477 server

I cant seem to get lv110+ to work on servers..

Also i need to know what Olly version i would better use..

P.S. Could anyone send my the Valento files?

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Should i update to the newest version of kPT and than place the files in the client?

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Probably not. I haven't checked the latest clients, but they are finally diverging considerably from the 2007 server we have. XD

I have a full copy of KPT1981 I'm uploading. I'll pin it here when it's up.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
BTW the newest kPT runs damn smooth, on every server i played before the windowed mode was very lagy but newest kPT runs amazing..why is this?

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
..why is this?
The short answer to that is that I don't know, because I've not tried the newest KPT client.

However I, and a couple of other guys here started some fixes in KPT for DWM which made Windows Mode faster than full-screen, if DWM remains enabled. (of course, that's not possible on XP) Sandurr already had a DirectX update implemented in uPT and rPT, (but he never openly documented much of what he had done) and Vormav is in the process of making a similar update.

Other private servers haven't usually gone to the effort of implementing out fixes, because it's not seen as a "feature" which would bring in more players. Players don't know that they want faster frame-rate, clearer fonts and correct aspect-ratio on a widescreen monitor. When you do market research, they say they want more maps, more monsters, more quests, more PvP. (all of which makes the game slower, harder to control and with a less stable server)

Our developments, now we are documenting them, are very easy for Yedang to implement, because they have the original source code. They can even take what we have learned and apply newer techniques, which are very complex to implement without the source code into their client.

What they have done, I don't know. There are many things I know they could do, compared to 198x release clients they had. (which where horribly old, and used almost none of the accelerated graphics hardware introduced to PCs of the late 90s, never mind the past decade XD)

--- EDIT ---
Sorry for the delay, MentaLs backend update was in progress before my upload was complete.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
The short answer to that is that I don't know, because I've not tried the newest KPT client.

However I, and a couple of other guys here started some fixes in KPT for DWM which made Windows Mode faster than full-screen, if DWM remains enabled. (of course, that's not possible on XP) Sandurr already had a DirectX update implemented in uPT and rPT, (but he never openly documented much of what he had done) and Vormav is in the process of making a similar update.

Other private servers haven't usually gone to the effort of implementing out fixes, because it's not seen as a "feature" which would bring in more players. Players don't know that they want faster frame-rate, clearer fonts and correct aspect-ratio on a widescreen monitor. When you do market research, they say they want more maps, more monsters, more quests, more PvP. (all of which makes the game slower, harder to control and with a less stable server)

Our developments, now we are documenting them, are very easy for Yedang to implement, because they have the original source code. They can even take what we have learned and apply newer techniques, which are very complex to implement without the source code into their client.

What they have done, I don't know. There are many things I know they could do, compared to 198x release clients they had. (which where horribly old, and used almost none of the accelerated graphics hardware introduced to PCs of the late 90s, never mind the past decade XD)

--- EDIT ---
Sorry for the delay, MentaLs backend update was in progress before my upload was complete.

because it used DX9,bo b

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
because it used DX9,bo b
I doubt that it it is entirely ported to DX9. From what I've seen of the source, it would be easier to re-write the entire game than completely replace all DirectX API calls. So the question is "which parts of it where replaced with DX9 code?" So, again, I don't know the full answer. But certainly, replacing the "Loading" bitmap banner fixes incomparability with DWM, and that makes it run a lot smoother, especially when windowed; replacing text rendering is the next greatest performance improvement, and since disabling the 2D HUD overlay makes a substantial improvement over even that, then that would be the next step to "smooth gaming" in PT. ^_^

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
From what I've seen of the source, it would be easier to re-write the entire game than completely replace all DirectX API calls.

I can guarantee again that it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a PristonTale to become DirectX 9 game.
We could write a wrapper or something more WINE like, but it need to be done all at once. Did they mixed devices (is it possible?) in new PT or is it overlay?

Back