Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

"lost connection with the server"

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Please, I need a help. I am with problem in log into my server.
Problem is the following: I can't log in to the user account customer, only through the admin password that you log in. Server is a virtual machine with windows server 2003. Error Message on login screen is "lost connection with the server".

Thank you for your Attention

Reaction score
Open sql.dll in hex editor.
Find the line that says

Code:
Provider=SQLOLEDB;Initial Catalog=account_db;Data Source=[B]SQL DATABASE NAME[/B]

SQL DATABASE NAME is your database name, ie PT-SERVER\SQLEXPRESS

Change account_db to accountdb.
You will have to rewrite the rest of the line, the last letter will have to be replaced with 00 in hex so like.

Code:
Provider=SQLOLEDB;Initial Catalog=account_db;Data Source=PT-SERVER\SQLEXPRESS

Will now be

Code:
Provider=SQLOLEDB;Initial Catalog=accountdb;Data Source=PT-SERVER\SQLEXPRESS

save it.

Now open your sql database go to;
Databases
accountdb
Tables

Find the database 'dbo.AGameUser' if your account login begins with an 'A'
Right click it, Open Table.
Find the column 'DisuseDay'

This is the column that's causing the trouble, this tells the game when to block your account from access to the game (that's why you can only use admin password to connect, as that bypasses the ban check)

Set the date to the year 3000 or what ever.

You should also update the 'disuse' date in your registration form from the 2012 date or what ever it happens to be to some date FAR in the future so you do not have this problem with newly created accounts.

You should now be able to login with the normal accounts password.

GL!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Good Sunnyz, thanks for the help, but the problem persists. The line that you asked me to change I have done as you said

Before"Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=%s;Data Source=%s..."

After"Provider=SQLOLEDB;Persist Security=False;Initial Catalog=accountdb;Data Source=PTSERVER\SQLEXPRESS..".

The date "disuse" does not contain in my table.
If i change as is above, the error of "communication Failure". I think I'll have everything begins from zero ^_^. Formatted DD/MM/YY is Brazil.

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I suspect that Account_db was the old format, and is fine for the ODBC interface without a disuse date. accountdb seems to be the newer OLEDB form, which absolutely must have a disuse date, and a bunch of other stuff that wasn't necessary for ODBC operation. Check with the SQL scripts. It's probably worth wiping and recrating account_db from the account_db.sql / account_db.txt.

Also, make sure you are not using an Admin client to log on as a non-admin user, and do not have the client hotuk.ini configured for admin use.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks, bobsobol.
I already spun this server at localhost without ODBC and hopped normal. "Detail, spun without virtual machine."
The hotuk.ini does not contain the IDs tested.
I think I'll start from scratch again, if they have the most updated scripts, I I am grateful.
I will follow your tutorial. Just one question, these scripts has "disuse"?
http://forum.ragezone.com/f562/guide-files-server-setup-faq-751531/

Thank you for your Attention

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am unable to resolve the following way:
I created the ODBC and grabbed the SQL.dll server folder ai came normal. But I have a doubt, the system of clan and sod sandurrs will work 100 %, without the SQL.dll ?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
SunnyZ it master server now wait ranking sod tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy extreme it SunnyZ

Upvote 0
Imri Persiado
Reaction score
I'm also having the "lost connection with the server" error that's so annoying!
Edited the sql line in gregoo sql.dll, changed the diuse day to 2030 and the result is the same, the only way to log in is with the admin password.

Upvote 0
Back