Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Memory Function Code Erro2

Reaction score
You have to use an ept game install.
KPT client will not work in a ept install.
EPT client will not work in a kpt install.
There are slight differences in the games files that cause these errors.

Get ePT install here:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, SunnyZ
The mentioned error and because of codes displacement.
If I change the codes of experience, or reloco
codes of the items to a new section that I add, disconnecting me from the server.

I use the official installer EPT

Reaction score
Oh maybe because of xtrap?
I have the ept gm exe with xtrap removed thanks to SheenBR.
Can DL it here:

I have never tried editing the exe, so I am not sure what is the problem.
Perhaps the X-Crap'less exe will yield better results for you.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks SunnyZ.
I used the game without Xtrap.
There is a lock added by the company SUBAGAMES / YD
does not allow the addition of another code section.
I thought it might be a checksum (DC4), disabling DC4, allow me to edit the values​​.
And if I move the codes, another section, I still have problem. :(:

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I just downloaded game.exe that SunnyZ provided and I was able to add new section without any problems.
I recommend using CFF Explorer instead of whatever you are using now.

I'm not familiar with this .exe so I don't know why it does DC 4, how fast you get DC 4?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The checkfunc DC4 happens each time you change the .exe without changing the version number, or clearing the xyyz.dat file. (where xyyz is your version as Ver: x.yy.z on the opening screen)

You can also disable the client checksum in the servers hotuk.ini while developing. ;)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes Vormav,
I add a new middle section with the CFF Explorer.
Without making alterations in the executable, just with the new-section
added, the executable fuciona perfectly, while performing a JMP or a CALL to this new section, to start disconnections, right after loading the image ...

@ bobsobol

Checking in hotuk server and ptReg.rgx are disabled.
I do not have any problem working in executable KPT official.
In an official client EPT, there is a lock that does not allow work on new
sections, only the officers section.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I add a new middle section with the CFF Explorer.
That's a little telling.

If I remember correctly, the game.exe makes some "bad" calls on the resource section, meaning that if its' order in the PE is changed (more sections before it, or just a change in the relative addressing, I don't remember which) then the client will crash. The loading screen is in there, so that may explain a lot.

Be *very* careful what you do with that section. In any other executable, swapping out resources and rebuilding the res is a great way to make cosmetic changes, and it's used a heck of a lot. With PT, there is quite an art to doing anything with that. I did get quite good at it and put in flashier icons, larger splash etc. and reduced the .text and .rdata sections before it, shifting it back in memory... but I remember there where quite a few tweaks inside which I had to do to achieve that, and don't remember what. (sorry)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Some games have a checksum in some codes which when modified result in dc4 and log "Memory Function Error".

To remove this checksum, you can do this:

1. Press CTRL+G and go to offset: 00434146
2. Press SPACE and modify this: JE SHORT 00434155 to this: JMP SHORT 00434155
3. Press CTRL+G again and go to offset: 0043C4D7
4. Press SPACE and modify this: JE SHORT 0043C4F0 to this: JMP SHORT 0043C4F0

Done! Just save and you removed the checksum which was causing DC4.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
No. You can't say "some games" and then say "to fix go to this offset" because every offset will be different in every client. I'm sure the info is correct for one specific client, but since you don't even say which one that is your guide is useless.

Additionally, you really don't want to remove the checksum, you want to update it. That checksum is one of the few features which protects you from cheats.

Where I a suspicious person, I would suspect that information of coming from someone who desperately wants you to disable your game security so they can cheat the heck outta your server. ;)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
No. You can't say "some games" and then say "to fix go to this offset" because every offset will be different in every client. I'm sure the info is correct for one specific client, but since you don't even say which one that is your guide is useless.

Additionally, you really don't want to remove the checksum, you want to update it. That checksum is one of the few features which protects you from cheats.

Where I a suspicious person, I would suspect that information of coming from someone who desperately wants you to disable your game security so they can cheat the heck outta your server. ;)

I never said which that steps are for all games. I just said which for remove checksum of THAT game (http://forum.ragezone.com/f286/memory-function-code-erro2-907888/f399/admin...nglish-845789/) would necessary follow my steps.

Everybody knows which remove checksum is wrong, and if he know "update" the checksum, he will do.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm still none the wiser, because your link is broken. --EDIT-- No, wait! I can fix that... the thread number is present 845789, so you are talking about SunnyZs' " " as per the OP. Fair enough.

I still think that if he doesn't know how to correct the checksum himself (ie. he has the knowledge and understanding to find and modify it each time he makes a change) then he shouldn't be trying to make the changes he is. (ie. start smaller, and work up to that) However, provided you're not opening the client to real players, it should be fine for testing.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello!
I appreciate the help.
Unfortunately not resolved disable checksum ...
This client EPT, this causing me many problems.
I'll guardalo on my HD, since it does not solved the problem ^ ^
I thank everyone.

Back