Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How possible is have different group of monsters by different spawns on the same map?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's as the title said.

I wanna know the idea of do some kind of variations of the spawn flags on the same map.

Like:
"Hopy is only spawned at this spot of the map (or this specific spawn flag)"
"And HobGoblin is only be spawned at..."

At least some way to do something likely...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
One way...

Cut a map in 3 maps. ( Or create a new map with 3 parts )
Use writefield.dll

Thx

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
One way...

Cut a map in 3 maps. ( Or create a new map with 3 parts )
Use writefield.dll

Thx

It's a nice idea, and more viable/easily to do (at least for me XD).
I guess i already thought about it.

But it wouldn't overload priston?
Cuz if i could do this, I'll want to do it at all the maps.

Even i guessing it will not, im thinking what might happen to the worldmap and minimap in this case :p:

PS.: whats the deal about writefield.dll ? (i really don't know much of it yet) =X

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
As Micro says, however, that may even improve PT performance in some ways because it doesn't calculate as much interaction between players and mobs between map borders. ^_^

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
in server have an function, that you called with parameters : monster,youX,youY,youZ, and he summon on you... =)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I guess youu could replace default monster spawning entirely with a simulated GM running around using spawn commands. That'd work. Quite a lot of effort to work out though, unless you literally have a client logged in and running a macro.

I think this is essentially what the server does, because it has a client embedded within in, and is logged in with the character you PM to authenticate. If you trace the spawn instructuions back to the point they calculate the random spawns, you could alter the algorithem to perform more of a database lookup? One per-spawn point, rather than one per map.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
It's as the title said.

I wanna know the idea of do some kind of variations of the spawn flags on the same map.

Like:
"Hopy is only spawned at this spot of the map (or this specific spawn flag)"
"And HobGoblin is only be spawned at..."

At least some way to do something likely...

Separate spawn flags into groups A B and C, you will have to add a separate function into the code using ASM, secondly once you have done this define whether or not your monster will be in which category A B or C, you could do this by writing an extra function in c that defines a monster depending on its level and other attributes on load of the file, ie. Hopy in garden of freedom lv0 map = class A mob, hobgoblin = class C as it is > 5 levels higher than the area. Alternatively you create a separate entry in each monster file for A B or C just like the mobs atk atributes are listed, the server reads this and you separate flags by colour or writing on the flags. No Need for 3 separate areas, separate the flag classifications.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Can you actually implement that, or is it just your idea of "ideal design"? My "ideal design" would be to index each flag and link a spawn list to each flag index... but I have no idea if it's even possible to implement that using an existing server. I know for a fact that an Emulator could be programmed to do it, but it wouldn't surprise me to find there is something game breaking in the official server code to prevent it.

Back