Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

mpt admin client

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
when I go in the game with admin client on the same pc where the server is, i can just play the game as a gm.
but I am trying to make it online so i tried to go in the game with the admin client on my laptop. however, I can login etc. but when i spawn i get disconnected. I edited the hotuk.ini to how it should work propertly but it still doesn't.

an other question is if someone had the cracked version of the psTale.exe for the game.exe because the game.exe wont open up.

(sorry for my bad english:):)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
A player attempting to connect with Admin client, but without Admin clearance will disconnect. Correct. This is normal, and expected. It is also essential.

psTale.exe is usually the "setup" program? Sometimes the launcher, I think? What are you asking about? Because I'm not aware that either of these require any kind of crack... though we have a tool to let you run your own update server and discuss how to patch PsUpdate (which the launcher calls) so that it will use that one... You can patch the URLs in the launcher too, or you could just use a completely different program as most people do. (the original launcher is massively poopie TBH XD)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have set te debug ip correctly so i should be able to go in the game as an admin but still, i can't... What else can i do?

And if i understand you correctly, i can't just open the game.exe of the mpt game client?
What launcher do recommend for this?

Reaction score
To use the admin client as a normal client remove the "LocalPT.ini" in the savedata folder.
You will no longer be disconnected in game if your account is not setup as a GM account.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
And how can i configure it that i can be gm on a other pc cus i really did dubble check everything :)
I want this because i cant always have to be on the serer pc to be gm right?
In hotuk.ini at the debugip i put as ip my wan ip .. Its on the same network as the pc i try to login to as a gm.

Reaction score
And how can i configure it that i can be gm on a other pc cus i really did dubble check everything :)
I want this because i cant always have to be on the serer pc to be gm right?
In hotuk.ini at the debugip i put as ip my wan ip .. Its on the same network as the pc i try to login to as a gm.

All you need is the admin exe, the LocalPT.ini (this is a renamed admin hotuk.ini) placed into the savegame folder and have your account login ID put into the servers hotuk.ini in the *DEBUG_ID section. IE *DEBUG_ID grimske1

I would not worry about the *DEBUG_IP command yet.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Without the debugip function i also can't login as a gm on the server pc..

EDIT:thanks bobso and SunnyZ, you 2 helped allot :thumbup:
i got everything running and the problems are solved!

Last edited by a moderator:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I think ADMIN is more important than DEBUG, and I usually work by NAME / ID rather than IP. Using both (ID and IP) sometimes conflicts (?) leaving one or both settings ignored. :(

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You're right bobsobol. Whenever you use both debug ID and debug IP, it conflicts with eachother leaving both settings ignored which could lead to your problem. I suggest you just use *DEBUG_ID as it would just be enough.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well, I've seen people share their "working" hotuk.ini with both enabled. But I only have their word for such configurations.

Possibly, some server executables have a patch to allow it which their developer never mentioned to us. Thanks for confirming my observation though Gary. I've made it several times, never seen anyone else mention it and nobody has thought to confirm or deny that what *I* find to be the case is also true for others. :D:

Back