Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

MPT bug

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi RZ people....

hi people, i downloaded the server files from mpt and i installed them all into the same folder, but when i wanna login with the Admin client, i get something like an error: Game.exe error when i just seen the YD online thingie before the login part.
Can someone help me?

Last edited by a moderator:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You replaced the Game.exe from the full client install with the Admin one? ie, you aren't just running the exe in an empty directory, or one with files which aren't meant for MPT?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
well what i did is this:
I downloaded the 5 parts from SunnyZ topic from MPT, and i putted them all in 1 map.
I installed them all also in the same folder.
then i downloaded the admin client and chucked it in the folder where i installed the 5 parts of MPT.
this is wrong?
if it is, please can tell me what i should do to get it to work then?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
this is wrong?
if it is, please can tell me what i should do to get it to work then?
Sounds like "Epic Fail".

I can see you are struggling with English, and if that's how you interpret the clear guidance in this thread, and in other tutorial threads, I fear any response will be equally lost. Perhaps find someone who can help you translate?
  1. Don't do anything like you just described. XD
  2. Keep server and client separate.
  3. Keep download and install separate. (that applies to anything on a PC, not just PT so... I'm very confused)
  4. Replace only game.exe in client install.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey hey guys...
i just wanna start instal it again so i wont get confused...
i will just do it rite way this time...

But, if i instal the first 1 in a map i choose, i have to instal the others in the same map aswell and replace all?
cuz it are 5 parts and it keeps ask me if i want to replace the files if i instal them...
plz tell me what to do cuz i dont rly understand..
tyty

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm reluctant to answer you because I believe I'm struggling to understand you as much as you are struggling to understand us. (me, and evidently other posts on this forum) The language barrier may simply be too high right now.

Here's an example... "Map", in computer filesystems, refers to a virtual heirachical location for a filesystem object which redirects requests to another object entirely. Typically "Mount Points" for partition / volume objects, assignations for DOS emulation "drive letters", aliases for command and file objects and Junctions or Reparse Points for directory objects. Not to mention shell namespace objects mapped to the Windows Explorer shell "filesystem" for things like the Control Panel, Fonts and History views. (which look like folders, and may or may not be backed by files, but aren't presented like the raw files they represent at all)

A "map" in the PT game relates to town, hunt and PvP field mesh data, and in real life refers to a cartographic depiction of a building or landscape to aid in navigation.

None of these interpretations should have any bearing on this conversation, and yet the theme of "maps" is strong in your posts. I don't think they mean to you what they mean to me. Also, that is only the most blinding of many words or phrases you have used which seem to mean something (and I'm not entirely sure what) very different than I understand them.

Sorry.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well i talked with sunnyz aboutthis on Skype...
and theres just 1 little problem which seems like it isnt able to fix.
I even let sunnyz come into my computer with TeamViewer to get a look at it.
He tryed to run as administrator and then it suddenly work, he get out of teamview and i go on to test the server.
everything was fine, but when i logged out and wanted to log in again, i get the game.exe error again before login screen..
He didnt know anything to do anymore so didnt I...
But i think there are some people in this forum who may be able to help me, and if there are, i ask u: PLZ help me, cuz i dont know what to do!

I hope my english looks better now.
TyTy

Patrick

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Oh i found the fix, oh yeah a giant fix, and it looks like a fix, and it smells like a fix hell yeah..
The bug probably was:
The Ptreg and the sky/a are the same things, but they were not matching..
for exampe:
The ptreg was screensize 2 while the sky/a was screensize 3.
and the ptreg was window mode while the sky/a was full mode..
haha :D

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
PT stores system registry keys (by default, and without my fix) in system only locations which, for reasons of compatibility, any version of Windows from Vista up virtualiees to a location in the users profile.

The users profile is not a security context in which installations can be run or updates made. Therefore the installer / setup program, and the updater will operate on the true system registry which the game is not allowed to access.

This is a MAJOR bug in PT which I keep harping on about that means it broke Microsofts' Style Guide back in Windows 98, and became so outdated as to be completely "incompatible" with Windows Vista and beyond.

The stupid thing is that, with the source, this is a *very* simple bug to fix, and far simpler for one coder to change a single constant and rebuild the executable than for every player who isn't still running on XP or older OS to fix their *unbroken* OS.

It sounds like you hit one of these to me.

Back