Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

New one here(newb), any help?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
hello folks,

I'm playing PT server for 2 years now with some friends of me.
Around 20 of them wants to play mines if i get it working(!).

So i found a repack in the release section
http://forum.ragezone.com/showthread.php?t=343789

Thanks superman666 :D.

Now i got the server files, and everyone is using MS sql managment or something like that.

Isn't possible to use Mysql?

That was just a random question, now the main problem because i'm not a smartass in PTservers.

What client and files do i need to play in my server? If i'm looking around i can't find my answer.

So could someone be nice to me and tell me? it haven't to be detailed.
Just so i can understand it more.

cuz in the situation i'm now, i can't even do more then click .exe files at the server files, and wait till someone response.

So that was my problem , hope i get (a) response'(s) soon ;p.

~yoni2, just call me yoni :winky:

(p.s. if it matters i use :smilie_xpvista)

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Your welcome :p

No it is not possible to use MySQL unless you can recode the server.exe and redo all the db's.

And umm, i am not fully sure what the name of the .exe you need to run because i havnt even looked at my repacks in along time.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
When in doubt, you should run KPT Endless towers.

As for client--

It's in Korean, but if you mix the files with another client (make backup before you do), you can translate pieces of it.

The game.exe I always recommend to people is gone due to a forum upgrade, but the bloodpt one is still around--

I haven't used bloodpt's exe before, but it should fix some of the translation issues (the game.exe ones, not the rest of the client-side ones like quests and images and map names).

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
than for your help about the client's.
changing IP with hex i thought?,i'll see.

I'm dowloading the orignal PT now to run ;p.

Could someone look in that repack? i thought superman666 made them, it's only 7.2mb(i'm not sure).

Thanks again:clap::clap::clap:

~yoni

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
btw, yoni, I think you dont got enough info about this repack, watch this. You have to edit all the npc's, all drops cause they're dropping lvl 100 stuffs, and also some GM stuffs. Thats not too good... that was the 1st thing.. heres the 2nd problem with these serverfiles released by superman666 (its good, but not this part of it)
I just want to warn you about to use the goldanddropeditor which can be found in GameServer>Monster.
Q:whats happend if i use it?
A: Your server wont start, and you have to remake it whole from the ground.
Q: Why that?
A: Cause the dropandgoldeditor.exe are just crap. So I recommend you to dont use it, you can also do it manually but im not sure how to do. I belive superman666 and also DarkKnightH20 know how to do.

Oh, there is one more thing. If the server lags, change server.exe from CxPT to EndlessTower 2.2, cause i discovered many bugs on ryders xcpt.exe

You can download EndlessTower v2.2 and the mirror

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
thank you for the info.
i'll keep my server small , later getting BIG.

b.t.w. is it possible to use RPT files to play on my own server?

if not i will search for the 1871 files

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
Well, I should recommend you to use dPT, im doing it and it goes fine.
If you want to, can you download dPT and the mirror of it
Enjoy.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
actually, i beleive it is possible to use mysql if you can address the packets properly to be sent to mssql and not mysql, it is quite a lot more of a pain than just installing sql and then making your data sources (ODBC).

Back