Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Please help me about change version and checksum

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Dear all,

I read much topic and it is difficult for me to understand and change version.
I open folder FuncBox and see that have two file : 1000.dat and 3104.dat.
So in hotuk.ini on Server, I change *Version between 1000 and 3104 the client can connect to Server.
But now i need how to change version to only 5000 and i don't know how to change it.
Please help me and show me how to step by step.
It's very difficult for me.

I don't know how to find the current version in client and how to change it.

Thank so much.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I've written on this subject. It *is* hard, so I hope you've done simpler things before. (stuff like, changing the experience tables, or item lists)

Each client is a bit different, and (I presume you know) the checksum changes with almost every edit. IDK at what point you logged in with client version 1.0.0.0, but I suspect you don't need that to be in your range.

If you want help with *your* client, you will have to post an unencrypted version of it for us to demonstrate on.

Honestly, IDK that I'm set up for that kind of thing these days, and certainly don't have much time to look at it.

If you just want a general pointer... look to the code which outputs the string "Ver: %"... whatever. That shows where the version number is which is broken down into the 3 fields of that wsprintf().

Once you change the Version number in hex, it breaks another checksum (maybe that's what you where referring to? Rather than the full client one?) this can easily be seen by telling Olly to find the other location which addresses the binary form of the version number. The algorithm, IMS, is something like -V+1, (where V is the original binary version number) or the twos complement of it's negative value, (if that terminology is any more meaningful to you) which is stored in a different constant. :wink:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks bobsobol very much.
this link include my game.exe.

Pls help me change version to 5000 only and i will config hotuk.ini in my Server to *Version 5000.
Or please tell me how to change it.

Thanks so much.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Okay... that itn't your client. If it where, you would know not do give out an encrypted version of it which is designed to stop people making changes (developing with it) before handing out a link to it asking for development help. :eek:tt1:

Write your own client! Start with something someone shared on a development forum, or by removing development blocks like executable encryption on your own. :glare: Client thief. :glare:

(P.S. *if* you got this from some other development forum, then it is they who are the client thief, and my glares can be redirected at them :wink:)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks Mr bobsobol for quick reply.
I search and download client from http://forum.ragezone.com/f399/mpt-server-client-admin-files-875876/
Because this client has file game.exe does not encypt so I can hook *.dll file for antihack some software (cheat engine, MHS......) and I can change font.

With this file (game.exe) I hook my file .dll for anti cheat.
But i don't kown how to change version and checksum so I need you help me.

I hope it's clearly for you understand.
Thanks so much,
Marlboro.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I do... that client should *never* be used, because it *is* encrypted and *cannot* be changed.

Unless you mean the Admin one. (GM Client)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
oh I just check attachment and open it with olly and receive error because missing file HanDes.dll.
I reattach the file game.exe with file Handes.dll so it can be open with olly.

Please have a retry with this for me.

Thank you so much.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I could open it in Olly, and see the exe cryping routine, because I have HanDes.dll. That's not the point.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So it's mean that this file can not change version and checksum right?
Anyway, thank you so much.

I think I have to keep this file to online server. Hope have not any hacker use it hack my Server :(

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Exactly.

Follow the logic here:-
  1. You only pack executables you don't want people to modify.
  2. If you want us to modify your executable you would give it to us before you pack it.
  3. If you gave it to us packed, you probably didn't pack it yourself.
  4. If it is packed and you didn't pack it then it isn't yours and you (and we) have no right to go poking around changing *anything* in it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I could open it in olly without any problem.
And I can change font from Comic to any.
And I could hook a file dll to this main so i think it does not pack.

My Server running Server4096.exe
In hotuk.ini file, I enable
//checksum
*CL_PROTECT
*DISCONNECT_CLIENT_BADCODE 1
*CONNECT_CLIENT_CODE 1440
It means that checksum enable.

But i could login with any game.exe (client).
Idon't know why that.

Thanks so much.

Last edited:
Back