Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Private Server - Unable to connect problem

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'd just like to commend you on the way you asked this question. Thanks for the reference to materials used and clear documentation of the actual problem.

As for the reply, I can't add much to Vormavs'. But then, he did reference a lot of my earlier posts. (I really need to replace the missing images in those :( )

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello again!

I was checking the Guide again and I've found the following issue:

This guide: http://forum.ragezone.com/f562/priston-tale-windows-7-a-779033/ says that the following database should be created:

account_db
accountdb
BillingDb
BillingLogDb
ClanDB
GameLogDB
ItemLogDB
LogDB
PCRoom
PCRoomLog
rPTDB
SoD2DB
SodDb

But this one http://forum.ragezone.com/f562/guide-guide-real-newbies-setup-388806/ says to create the following:

Account_DB
AccountDB
BillingDB
BillingLogDB
ClanDb
GamelogDb
ItemLogDb
PCRoom
SoD2Db
SoDDb

I noticed the difference between accountdb / AccountDB and account_db / Account_DB. Since they are two server/clients files. As i'm not developer i dont know if SQL is case sensitive...

Attached is the accounddb from the SQL server.

Also I followed the steps:

LevelList script> database accountdb
account_db script> database account_db
accountdb script> database accountdb
BillingDb script> database BillingDb
BillingLogDb script> database BillingLogDb
ClanDB script> database ClanDB
GameLogDB script> database GameLogDB
ItemLogDB script> database ItemLogDB
LogDB script> database LogDB
PCRoom script> database PCRoom
PCRoomLog script> database PCRoomLog
rPTDB script> database rPTDB
SoD2DB script> database SoD2DB
SodDb script> database SodDb

From this thread:

http://forum.ragezone.com/f562/priston-tale-windows-7-a-779033/

I will reinstall and do it again... but i'm not sure if i'm doing something wrong or the Guide is missing a step (I really doubt that the guide is wrong)

and sorry for my bad english...

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
MS SQL is not case sensitive. But you could confuse account_db and accountdb.
accountdb is one that should be used while account_db is something that was always there (backup?) but never used.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's ok... i reinstalled everything again and i'm unable to run the server.exe file

I've attached the error.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
May I know what PsTale.exe, game.exe and so on doing in server folder? You copied whole client into server folder? No wonder it crashed.
Server needs only "char" and "filed" folders. You can even strip them from .bmp and .tga files

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi Voremav,

I've copied the char and field folders from the MPT to the server files folder (also MPT server files).

When char/field folders are not present the server.exe works fine, and if i log in an error displays.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
As Vormav says, the screenshot suggests you copied much more than that.

Whatever, there is clearly a fault in the server reading the mesh data. Personally, I would not run the server from my desktop, because of the maximum path limit in WinDOS. (ie. It's more a legacy DOS limit than a Windows one, but it's surprising how many Win32 APIs are still crippled by it :wink:)

Install the PT server in a folder from the root of some drive. Preferably not C:, on account of UAC.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Oh sorry I took and "old" screenshot! I will try as you say!

Thanks!

Back