Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

PT encryption Protocol

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Can anyone provide the encryption method used on the PT packets?

I am looking specifically for information on how to decrypt the package back to "english".

The source coude released here for a server is massively inefficient. Id like to write my own, but i need to know the packet structure.

Thanks,
Gzuz

drz

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
0x4847xxxx Packages will decode at smwsock::decodePacket(...)

0x5232xxxx will encode/decode in precompiled functions they are present as asm-code in the source

I think it will be hard to write complete own server without very much experience about that stuff.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
0x4847xxxx Packages will decode at smwsock::decodePacket(...)

0x5232xxxx will encode/decode in precompiled functions they are present as asm-code in the source

I think it will be hard to write complete own server without very much experience about that stuff.

Thanks for segments!

I think i will be fine, I code TCP/IP Servers that read/write to DB for a living....

ps. i suggest you modify your php code. Put your file_get_contents within a try statement.

Warning: file_get_contents(C:\Work\\DataServer\userinfo\**\******.dat): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\manager\characterlist.php on line 10

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Can you send me your ID in private message? You are the only one who reported this. But I think I know what is going on hehe.

Hi Sheen,

The error only happens when you have no characters in your account, however this is an issue as it show the exact location on disk of your server files.

Thanks,
Gzuz

Back