Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Quest error

Imri Persiado
Reaction score
Hello,
When I do the level 60 quest I cant read what monster to kill It's show me wierd text in jibrish.
How can I translate it to english in my client?Any Ideas?

Thanks in advanced.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The same way you translate most strings?

Actually the quest text is usually in a .sin file.

Imri Persiado
Reaction score
Where can I find it? I never had problems with quest so I need missed with this stuff...
and it's not translate it between language to another language.. its shapes and wierd things somthing like that a~@#$*SRGh*)($^&YH

Really sorry for asking those stupid questions but I dont know nothing about that.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It will be, because you are using the codepage of one language to display a totally different one.

Just use Vista/7 search for *.sin on your client folder, and take a look at some in notepad.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Look for a folder called Quest in your client. You will find some of those .sin files that bobsobol said :D:

Imri Persiado
Reaction score
Ok got it thank you very much but how can I know which quest is the level 60 quest and what to translate it too..
I mean it's can be skeletom warrior or stone golem or somthing else ..
maybe someone can share his *.sin files? thanks.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok got it thank you very much but how can I know which quest is the level 60 quest and what to translate it too..
I mean it's can be skeletom warrior or stone golem or somthing else ..
maybe someone can share his *.sin files? thanks.

If you want .sin, copy from ePT :)
It located in image\Sinimage\Quest :)
But I think you have to translate in your client^^ Copy your client with ePT client and you will have success ^^

Imri Persiado
Reaction score
I just figured the problem is not in the sin files.. The wrong text is on the "Q" of the level 60 quest it's not on the quest list.
how can I translate that..

Imri Persiado
Reaction score
How I can find it in my client? like I said it's wierd shapes and words

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Follow my guides. It's weird shaped because it's in the wrong codepage.

If you patch TextOutA to make a copy to DbgPrint you will see the bytes of the characters, and the address in memory they are located... or change the code page of your hex editor to match that of the original language of your client and search for the text as it should be displayed... you can see that by setting the default codepage of your client font back to whatever language it originally was.

Probably Korean or Japanese, and people make a fuss that they don't have those symbols on their keyboard... well, I don't have them on my UK English keyboard, so I'm sure you don't have them on your Hebrew keyboard (especially if it's based on the US layout as I have been told it is)... finding a virtual "on-screen" Korean or Japanese (or Chinese) keyboard is not hard, and there is always Windows IME. (Though that I really do find hard to cope with.)

If you can see it in DebugView, you can dump it, open it in a text / hex editor, set the code page, copy and paste it into the search box... Translation really isn't hard once you fixed the issues with using the wrong character set.

Back