Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

A Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, I use to have a server that work, but i quit for awhile and now i try to make a new server since i got a new gaming desktop.

But my memory seem like it blur away.

My problem: Unable To Connect (Yes i know, there alot of topic on this question, but none of them seem to fit.)

Server Side: Personal-PT
Client Side - EPT Latest Version.
Server Hotuk:
//XternalPT® Inc., Hotuk Configuration Settings
//Air Bourne - airbourne@xternal-gaming.com
//www.xternal-pristontale.info
//==============================================

//Connection Settings

*MODE SERVER
*SERVER_CODE 0
*SERVER_AUTOPLAY
*GAME_SERVER GPPT 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1
//*ENABLE_CLAN
//*CLAN_SERVER 127.0.0.1 80 127.0.0.1 80 127.0.0.1 80
//Enable clan system if you have them configurated with your webserver.
*SERVER_NAME GPPT
*VERSION 3104
*MAX_USERS 200

//Max Security - Prevents the infamous "NPC Hack" which is known as connection(s) from a virtual server that can inject hacked items.

*SYSTEM_IP 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1
//*SERVER_LINK_IP 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1
//The "*SERVER_LINK_IP" is not needed, that disables the "yellow dot" in your map when you're in a party, it also disables the hp movement. Keep it disabled and you'll still be able to have a yellow dot and hp movement on your party features.
*LOGIN_SERVER_IP 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1

//Notice Area

*NOTICE_URL
*DISP_BILLING_TIME

//Events

//*EVENT_POTION 3
//*EVENT_NINEFOX
//*EVENT_SANTAGOBLIN
//*EVENT_MOLLYWOLF
//*EVENT_MORIFSHELTOM
//*EVENT_GHOST
//*EVENT_SUMMER_CHICKEN
//*EVENT_CRISTAL 2
//*EVENT_WHITEDAY
//*EVENT_VALENTINEDAY
//*EVENT_NINEFOX
//*EVENT_BABELHORN
//*EVENT_PUZZLE
//*EVENT_BIRTHDAY
//*EVENT_STARPOINT
//*EVENT_CHILD
//*EVENT_DAMAGEOFF
//*EVENT_MANDOO

//Bless Castle Settings - Bitmask enables BC warp when set at "32", BlessCastle = Day (Sunday = 1, Monday = 2,...), Siege_Time = Local host time 0 12 = 12pm (noon) server time)
//The way I have it setup below is an example, which means BC will be started every Sunday at 12pm noon (server local time), but you can change that to your own date and time and make sure to remove the "//" before the *Event to enable.

//*EVENT_BITMASK 32
//*EVENT_BLESSCASTLE 1
//*EVENT_SIEGE_TIME 0 12

//SOD Settings

*EVENT_HARDCORE 2

//PVP Settings - You put the /field # of the map you want to be pvp style.

*PKFIELD 6

//Money

//*PERMIT_MONEY 500

//EXP Settings

//*PERMIT_EXP 0
*EVENT_EXPUP 100
// If you change the *EVENT_EXPUP from "100" to "200" that means exp is x2, so "400" = x4, you get the idea.
//*ENABLE_SERVER_EXP 0

//Misc Settings

//*CRAZY_PACKET
//*TEST_SERVER
//*DISABLE_THROWITEM
//*START_FIELD 3
//*DISABLE_QUEST
//*DISABLE_DEC_SKILLPOINT
//*BLOCK_LEVEL 1
//*DISCONNECT_ITEM_ERROR
//*CLIENT_PROCESS_TIME_OUT
*ENABLE_PARTYITEM

//GM Section

*DEBUG_ID Azrael
*DEBUG_ID YourAccountIdHere

*ADMIN_LOGIN "MasterLog-InPassword"

*ADMIN_NAME "The prefix of your access key"
//If you put "cake" for the "*ADMIN_NAME" that means you put /:cake AccessLevel3 (or what ever your admin command is) to log in gm access in game.

*ADMIN_COMMAND "AccessLevel1"
*ADMIN_COMMAND "AccessLevel2"
*ADMIN_COMMAND "AccessLevel3"

//Security

*RECORD ITEM
*REC_ADMIN_CMD
*RECORD_JOBCHANGER
//*CL_PROTECT
*DISCONNECT_ITEM_ERROR
//*CLIENT_CHECK_FUNC
*SERVER_RECORD_MEM
*CHECK_PLAYFIELD
*SERVER_INVENTORY
*CHECK_POTION_COUNT
*CLIENT_CHECK_PROCESS_TIME
*RECORD COPIED ITEM
*RECORD COPIED ITEM IN WAREHOUSE

// Checksum Protection - Enable these settings below if you have a public server, for protection. This can be done with a checksum that you can specify to your own server's game.exe client so users can only connect with your game.exe. If you don't have this, players might used hacked game.exe with all skills no delay, or other hacks and still be able to connect to your server.

//*CONNECT_CLIENT_CODE
//*CONNECT_CLIENT_CODE
//*DISCONNECT_CLIENT_BADCODE 1
//*CLSAFE_CODE
//*DISCONNECT_CLSAFE_CODE
//*BLOCK LEVEL 1
//*DISCONECT_ITEM_ERROR 1
//*CLIENT_PROCESS_TIME_OUT

//Backups - Enable if you want back up sources of your server's work, and set a working directory

//*BACKUP_FOLDER_NAME "c:\databasebackup"
//*BACKUP_PATH "c:\databasebackup"

//==============================================
//www.xternal-pristontale.info
//Air Bourne - airbourne@xternal-gaming.com
//XternalPT® Inc., Hotuk Configuration Settings

Client Side Hotuk:
*MODE WINDOW
MFC40.DLL Copyright-2002 /0
#Copyright-2002 Copyright-2002 Copyright-2002 ^^
#¸Á»ç¶Ë²¿ÆÒƼ¼Ó±ôÀå°³¹Ì ¸Á»ç¶Ë²¿ÆÒƼ¼Ó±ôÀå°³¹Ì ¸Á»ç¶Ë²¿ÆÒƼ¼Ó±ôÀå°³¹Ì ^^
*MODE WINDOW
*È­¸é¸ðµå ¼­¹ö¸ðµå
//english admin mode
MFC40.DLL Copyright-2002 /0
//japanese
ÇÎÅ©»ö ¸Á»ç¶Ë²¿ÆÒƼ¼Ó±ôÀå°³¹Ì /0
//korean
(¿ÕÃʺ¸°¡À̵å) Æ÷Àå´ÜüÁÖ¹®È¯¿µ /0
//ÇÎÅ©»ö ¸Á»ç¶Ë²¿ÆÒƼ¼Ó±ôÀå°³¹Ì /0

#*¹è°æÈ­¸é
#*¸Þ´ºÈ­¸é
#*PLAYERSKIN
#*³ª»Û³ð
#*ÁöÇü¸ðµ¨
#*ÁöÇü¹°Ã¼
#*¹è°æ¹à±â
#*¹è°æ¼±¸íµµ
#*Á¶¸í°¢µµ
#*¼­¹öÁÖ¼Ò
#*¼­¹öÆ÷Æ®
#*È­¸éÇ°Áú
#*°üÂûÀÚ¸ðµå
#*µ¥ÀÌŸ¼­¹öÁÖ¼Ò
#*µ¥ÀÌŸ¼­¹öÆ÷Æ®
#*ij¸¯Åͼ­¹öÁÖ¼Ò
#*ij¸¯Åͼ­¹öÆ÷Æ®

I'm not playing it public, Right now i'm testing by myself. for the account i make it manually. Due to the reg script acting up on babyweb.

I use local ip for ptreg,ldata,mypt.reg.

I launch 4096 server from Personal PT, then i wait til it loaded, And i launch localPT client (3104 version). I have couple client i tested also, like KPT1977 no xtrap.

What did i do wrong? Oh for ODBC i use SystemDNS.

but anyone know why i keep getting Unable to connect when i try to login, let me know.
(When i type my id and pass and hit login, it keep me a unable to connect message)

Thanks

Imri Persiado
Reaction score
That's funny because I used to run many servers on my pc long time ago but now I can't connect to a simple local server. maybe it's because I'm running it on a windows 8 OS but I still don't think that it's the issue. I would like to see what the people in here have to say.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
It can be windows 8 since pristontale doesn't even work great on windows 7..
The best os for me is windows xp:closedeyes:

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I think PT runs better on Win 7 than XP... once you have it set right. (hack out the "bad code" in it which is now illegal... well, logo certification failing)

I would certainly avoid the current ePT client, (massive changes to a protocol we never got all the bugs out of in the first place) and ask you to remember to use the "alternate executable" for the server if using a KPT client.

Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
I was having similar problems, made everything right, etc..

In my case, i was forgetting a 'registry' thingy, and when i did this registry stuff the server went ok.

So i recommend that you see that 'registry' issue, if i remember well it is an .rgx file on the same folder as the server executables.. you have to edit it to the data of your server and then save it and then click on the file and hit 'assemble' or something like that..

It may be a funny language but it is because i don't know of networking and etc.. but i am sure you guys will know what i am talking about XD..

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Okay... there's confusion there. This is normal because the situation is confusing, so get your riddle head on before reading further.

The setup program and launcher used to set IP details in the system Registry around 2006 / '07 when we started releasing pServers. (that's illegal in Vista + Windows OS, and they stopped doing it around XP SP1 time) We distributed that as a .reg file which you could edit and double click, and the popup says "Do you want to import blah-de-blah..." but the alternative that they use is a ptreg.rgx file which holds the .ini settings that they moved from hotuk.ini to the ldata.bmp and then system registry before PT came out of Beta. :)O WTF!?)

The hotuk is overridden by ldata.bmp which is overridden by the registry which is overridden by the .rgx file... usually. (varies between age and language versions of the clients)

The only location which was actually *removed* from *some* builds is the ldata.bmp file. But I've removed several from my clients because this thing about loading the same information from multiple locations and writing the final result back to all of the others is just stupidly confusing. XD

*I* leave hotuk.ini (because it holds so much more than IPs, Ports, Resolution, Camara Wave, Mic, GFX detail & network speed options) and ptreg.rgx. (because it's simple and legal provided it's only changed during setup / repair) But... I also, sometimes, change it's name. (something like "Settings.cfg" is quite nice XD)

Morals of the story:
  • Trying multiple clients in the same folder, and on the same machine is likely to be more confusing, rather than less.
  • If you don't share a link to your client, there isn't a lot of advise we can give without asking things you probably think are irrelevant.
  • The easiest way to know for sure is to debug & / trace the code and packets the client and server are issuing... so if you don't know how to do that (I've posted some extremely simple guides) then don't expect us to be able to answer in terms you understand.

Last edited:
Staff member
Reaction score
I am closing this as the problem is solved, but keep one thing in mind:

Threads with title like "HELP","QUESTION","WUT IS WRONG HERE??","PLZ HELP" are not kind... Check out the rules thread in the pinned section. :thumbup: Good Luck with your pserver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back