Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

RealmPT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
@Rutgertje I loved the lower levels much more.

Fighting in GoF spending hours to get lvl 10 then running to the next map getting your butt handed to you then having to go back and lvl up some more or get new equipment. Plus the lower lvl maps were made with so much more detail, they are pretty and more like a labyrinth, especially the Morion side. Running away from a group of monsters, hit a dead end and get raped.

I feel the lower lvling should be harder and higher lvling a bit easier, the exp curve need to be adjusted greatly. Its no fun when you can easily get to lvl 50 in a day. You miss out on all the maps and challenge that make this game great.

/old school player rant.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It was fun back then because low lvl maps where full of players, not guys full of "crystals".

I don't think that subagames can get anything from deal with rPT... beside money.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@SunnyZ

Ofcourse some might disagree with me and I respect that but i'm talking about RealmPT specifically and they seem to have captured a balance where you are high leveled and powerfull but still have to work hard to level up.

At the old PT (eng.pristontale .com) I loved to level up at GoF just like you described however you are missing lots of gameplay and content like SoD and BlessCastle.
Also at higher levels your character can be more custom to your own preferences since you have more skill points & stat points and that makes a great difference for instance raiding or xping or farming items.

And in terms of RealmPT you miss out a lot of Sandurr-made quests.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
there is 2 different things, ept and rpt, u cant compare, rpt is like pt2 and ept is just pt1 where the max map was ice1 then ice2, no more, on rpt, alot new maps, quest and the best thing for me T5, thats why i call it pt2

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I read somewhere some other server has T5 skills too, roman or something.
Any idea about that? couldn't find it though...

About subagames, most of the info on this is speculation and fear.
I highly doubt they will hire him or strike some kind of deal, they them-self can not modify EPT client, they get all there patch's and content from YD online(triglow).

there is 2 different things, ept and rpt, u cant compare, rpt is like pt2 and ept is just pt1 where the max map was ice1 then ice2, no more, on rpt, alot new maps, quest and the best thing for me T5, thats why i call it pt2

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
never heard about that, thought only rpt has t5

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The 1-40 stretch was ruined by the pet. It really was fun when you had to fight for every inch of it.

The problem with Suba getting anything useful from Sandurr is that license they have.

They can't use "his source" because they can't use any source they create. They can only request similar features be implemented by the owners.

My understanding is that they license the distribution of the game in certain parst of the world. They don't own a single copy of the game any more than Dell own a single copy of Windows. And what can Dell do to copies of Windows that they sell to their customers? Maybe put a Dell logo on the System tab and one on the reinstall disc, package a couple of extra applets with it?

That's pretty much the restrictions Suba have.

If they break those "terms" they have no right to call rPT up on anything.
I suspect they already have broken the Ts & Cs of their sub-license already, however. Because their client, and Hazits' seem to be reverse engineered the way many of our are. Many modifications don't look "compiled".

Again, I can't blame them. I think they got a bum deal from YD / Triglow in the first place.
As to "Managers" playing the game. I think that would be a very very bad idea for Suba. Managers who enjoy using the end product never goes down well. It's a bit like Heroin addicts selling smack. It's never going to work. :wink:

Devs?.. now that's a different story. You probably shouldn't make music if you don't like listening to it, or cosmetics if you don't like make-up. Same thing for promoters... but managers? No. The only thing they should really enjoy is making money, and keeping people happy. Staff and customers alike.

They are, indeed, bean-counters. But also diplomats. The moment you become too passionate about anything, your diplomacy skills go out of the window.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If they had to move host, we can forgive them a little teething trouble I think. Even MentaL had some when we last moved, and he's getting quite used to it. :sneaky2:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
if subagames went to the host first instead of directly going to sandur to shut down his server then i think suba isn't interested in sandur at all and they only want his service to discontinue and put him out of business. I don't think yedang or subagames is interested in sandurs skills at all. Like it has been mentioned yedang gives out license for pt and only yedang updates their sites. They view sandur and other private servers as copyright infridement pirates and i guess since subagames is stuggling to keep pt1 going and the threat of sopa law coming out and seeing megaupload taken down suba probally see's this as an opportunity now more then ever to strike reamlmpt and get rid of compitetion that has been lingering around far too long. Interesting that some would even think that suba wants sandur to work for them after they take down his site. They couldn't use sandur anyhow to modify their own site so what would the point be of even doing that. Don't get me wrong here i loved reamlpt and what sandur did making pt private servers that actually overshadowed subagames pt. I hate myself seeing any pt site go down but sandurs site was the best we all have seen come out so far. My two cents and i hope it doesn't offend anyone but i think most of what i said is true. Truefully i hope sandur does prevail. We will see when all is said and done in awhile. If sandur does move his site and hosts somewhere else i guess he better ip block north american territory or face subagames again.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
:( .......

if subagames went to the host first instead of directly going to sandur to shut down his server then i think suba isn't interested in sandur at all and they only want his service to discontinue and put him out of business. I don't think yedang or subagames is interested in sandurs skills at all. Like it has been mentioned yedang gives out license for pt and only yedang updates their sites. They view sandur and other private servers as copyright infridement pirates and i guess since subagames is stuggling to keep pt1 going and the threat of sopa law coming out and seeing megaupload taken down suba probally see's this as an opportunity now more then ever to strike reamlmpt and get rid of compitetion that has been lingering around far too long. Interesting that some would even think that suba wants sandur to work for them after they take down his site. They couldn't use sandur anyhow to modify their own site so what would the point be of even doing that. Don't get me wrong here i loved reamlpt and what sandur did making pt private servers that actually overshadowed subagames pt. I hate myself seeing any pt site go down but sandurs site was the best we all have seen come out so far. My two cents and i hope it doesn't offend anyone but i think most of what i said is true. Truefully i hope sandur does prevail. We will see when all is said and done in awhile. If sandur does move his site and hosts somewhere else i guess he better ip block north american territory or face subagames again.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

I was thinkin the same thing actually, thats why when the server did come back for that brief period I didn't want to get too invoved. it's too bad too (from the us here)...i'll miss it if thats what ends up happening, ah well :mellow: hopefully there will be some updated info soon on whats going on.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The problems is hes keeping his server files private, there for there is no competition, not a lot of PT servers around, so there very easy targets to take down, no one knows how to do what he dose, if he shared some of the stuff he knows maybe we would see more progress in PT server development, but its been years and not really much things changed.

Same thing happen to Silkroad online servers, until someone step up and gave everyone the server files and tools and knowledge to operate them, now you see 100+ silkroad online servers from like 2-3 there were running, popping up each day more and more, most of them suck, some are good, some even are better then original game, all depends how its run by the administrators/developers.

Take World of Warcraft servers, there is millions of them, and blizzard dosnt even bother anymore to shut down any of them, because there is just so many, its impossible to shut down all of them.

But obviously having a unique server and keeping player base is another thing, there are many other ways to attract players.

But that's what I think anyways.

---------------------------------------------------------------

And yeah RPT is down again....
Guess his talk with subagames failed, if that is was ever true at all... I doubt it.
Will see how things will turn out in few days.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Hear Hear. And to add on top of that. Personally i feel that the moment a business/game finds people good enough to earn from but disregards everything when it comes to service or give a listening ear, in other words, rather plays a monopoly game for the sake of capitalism, i'll boycot them where ever i can.

Hence i will be supporting upt as long as rpt is down since they have been affiliated together .. my hopes are it will be established once again. Peace.

P.S. Kenni where is rpt fb and why isnt it active? Also, your support as a GM is highly recognised. You were always on top of your game by listening to/reading the words of the gamers and responding directly!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I think it's the end of realmpt
just now, a new patch was released
and the same, delete all files in the folder realmpt, the computer
By the way, is the end

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I think that gkirby summarized everything very nice.

I just wonder how jPT was able to buy server with source code but ePT is not able. Korea "always" hated Japan and vice versa.
IMHO subagames trying to save money by not hiring programmers/3D artists.

@Flatio We can't say it's the end yet. It' might be server migration like bobsobol said.
He also can start new PT server with new name.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
RealmPT is really dead this time.Of course then i'll come back to EPT but not playing.i'll pay and make them suffer more than 100x time,and be sure EPT will go to hell :thumbdown:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
@Vormav: realmpt was the to another host,
why delete the files?

@kenni: if you can give us some information
Please, let me know if there is possibility
the server to return, even under another name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back