Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[REQUEST] Unity Models

Staff member
Reaction score
How can I use PT Models in unity? I know nothing about Unity, 3D Modeling, 3D stuff in general.

I mean, I want to learn unity but I want to try with PT 3D Models. I think there's must be some kind of converter that people that has it used to convert all the models in an automatic way, to help the conversion.

I think unity can load .fbx models, so I would need to install 3ds max and somehow convert all the *.smds file manually? (PT 3D Models is that smd file right?) So imagine doing this for all the items... thats why I assume theres must be a way to automate it.

So basically I wanted to know how to import the models in unity and get the basics of the model working, like all the textures correctly for example.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Firstly, sorry my english is not good so i will say simple.
1. using Sandurr's SMD Converter! to convert smd, smb to ASE
2. 3Dmax with plug aseiimp.dll will help u import ASE above, it some where on this 4rum
3. Export this model to FBX,
4. and finally copy/drag FBX file into scene/unity project location

that all, cheer

Upvote 0
Staff member
Reaction score
I imported Ricartem in Unity and textures works fine except for the sea and also map is static, there is no animation for it. How to solve it ?

I see that animations are v-ani01-014.smd but how can I link with Ricartem map? When I import village-2.ase all the animated models are not being imported

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I imported Ricartem in Unity and textures works fine except for the sea and also map is static, there is no animation for it. How to solve it ?

I see that animations are v-ani01-014.smd but how can I link with Ricartem map? When I import village-2.ase all the animated models are not being imported

hmmm, not extractly but i remember in same folder has *.smb, using smd tool to get ase with animation. Example: v-ani01-014.smd and i must have some file smb, i need rename smb file like this v-ani01-014.smb , make sure both same folder, drag v-ani01-014.smd to smd tool. Goood luck

Upvote 0
Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
Was it not you that was making a PT version in unity some time ago? I thought it was you...

But, about the models, i think that Unity still imports ASE models for static meshes (so you would not need the conversion work for static meshes)... About the animations, PT only uses classic transformations (position, rotation and scale) and no real texture animation (with keys and etc, which is possible in unity, but not the best way by far..), for the animated textures, PT (and it is a common practice in unity as well) uses a shader function, called (on PT) by prefixing the names of maps and materials, for an example, the prefix "WATER_" (there's a list of those somewhere in this forum) makes where this material is applied to have a displacement effect, "SCROLL" makes the texture pan, etc.. For unity, you would need to make those shaders, so you can script them or make them on that "new shader graph" which is similar to ue4's material editor.. i would recommend scripting those 'PT material effects for unity' since those are usually very easy and there are plenty of study material online..

Oh, and i remember that those animations were really simple, right? Things like a rock floating up and down a bit, or a windmill spinning, those sorts of things.. I think that if you separate those parts from the model (or are the already separated?), fix the pivots (or manipulate by the center in unity) and animate those things in unity ,it would be more practical (and with greater possibilities, like the rocks would only float if a player is near or make a windmill turn faster or slower depending on the time of day, make fallen rocks to form a tower when a specific phrase is spoken (on open chat) on a specific location (that one i thought right now hehe, but you get the point) etc..)...

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Was it not you that was making a PT version in unity some time ago? I thought it was you...

But, about the models, i think that Unity still imports ASE models for static meshes (so you would not need the conversion work for static meshes)... About the animations, PT only uses classic transformations (position, rotation and scale) and no real texture animation (with keys and etc, which is possible in unity, but not the best way by far..), for the animated textures, PT (and it is a common practice in unity as well) uses a shader function, called (on PT) by prefixing the names of maps and materials, for an example, the prefix "WATER_" (there's a list of those somewhere in this forum) makes where this material is applied to have a displacement effect, "SCROLL" makes the texture pan, etc.. For unity, you would need to make those shaders, so you can script them or make them on that "new shader graph" which is similar to ue4's material editor.. i would recommend scripting those 'PT material effects for unity' since those are usually very easy and there are plenty of study material online..

Oh, and i remember that those animations were really simple, right? Things like a rock floating up and down a bit, or a windmill spinning, those sorts of things.. I think that if you separate those parts from the model (or are the already separated?), fix the pivots (or manipulate by the center in unity) and animate those things in unity ,it would be more practical (and with greater possibilities, like the rocks would only float if a player is near or make a windmill turn faster or slower depending on the time of day, make fallen rocks to form a tower when a specific phrase is spoken (on open chat) on a specific location (that one i thought right now hehe, but you get the point) etc..)...

exactly! for moving parts on the map, I use the functions supported on unity.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
hi guys, someway the smd exporter doesnt works well for me when im use monsters.
Anyway... im get the 'original' ase files that were on the old server source, and import into 3dmax 2019 (someway i was able to get this version), then export to fbx ( kinda re-skining by declare the 'bip-xx' objects as a bone, and then apply skin to the mesh object for the bones needed) then import on unity (fixing material transparency) and from .ini get the frames for the animation clip, and ...

Upvote 0
Back