Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Respec System

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi :D

Anyone know how works respec system on mix and where i can find the code of this in the server or game?

I want to do some changes in this system with a new respect shelton. Ideas?

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
Re: Respect System

You meant re-spec.

As far as i know, when you use 'Jera' (or similars) to an item, it will be very similar to dropping it again in that moment (would be like deleting the item the character would be applying the re-spec and making a new one appear on the character's inventory, just like it dropped again).

The item will have the 'spec' within the item's TXT on Gameserver at the moment of the re-spec.

But it would be nice to have a 'respect' system, to award good-players (and punish cheaters), like a 'reputation' system, the character would buy stuff ingame with 20% discount (the server would 'finance' the rest when buying from other players), etc.. or earn a 'Respect Jewel' (like a quest item that would be on the quest inventory) that would decrease or nullify the xp loss on death.. Something like that..

PS: Love your works ;b

Last edited:
Staff member
Reaction score

You wouldnt be able to do any changes inside the item without "remaking" the item's checksum. Otherwise, the item would just disappear when you receive it from the mix & age window.

I haven't discovered how to do that yet :(:

IMO there is no point on going further without knowing how to do that first.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I understand, thank you ScreamingFox and SheenBR :)

My Idea is to do a kind of "spec stone" that the effect of re-spec is 100% chance to being the spec that the player choose.

I think we need to know how the system gives the spec and how it know the item on mix.

@ScreamingFox
I remember you.
You showed some items and maps that you did in mpt, right? I Love them ;D
You have talent for that.

@Edit
I have another idea, I think is easier.
Check the shelton on mix and create a new item with the spec choose, like ScreamingFox said, I think I know how to do this e.e

Last edited:
Over rock and under tree
Reaction score

I remember that it were discussed last year, i thought that they did not succeeded but it seems that Japãokiko really did it =D

A very nice development indeed.. I remember that he found the bits of code that tells that the re-spec gives an 1/9 chance to each spec (the 9th is 'NS') and created another 8 segments of code for these 8 'speck stones'.. (or something like that, remembering that i know nothing of programming XDD)..

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

My Idea is to do a kind of "spec stone" that the effect of re-spec is 100% chance to being the spec that the player choose.

My friend (whose server shut down a couple of years ago now) used the "runes" which drop for Metallurgy and Smithing as a "Ageing Stone" in just that way. When I asked him where he got the idea, he thought that's what they where for all along, and had no idea that there was another purpose to them in the official game. Most of the pServers where using them like this at that time, since the additional crafting NPCs where not available to us.

I don't know who did the code for him, but I vaguely remember looking at it and, if I remember correctly, the basic method of operation was that when you aged an item, if you had one "Ageing Stone" in the gem slots the server used a different failure rate table, where all break / skip changes where 0%. I presume that when the gems are scanned at the start of the process (server side) if an "Ageing Stone" (rune) is found, a flag is set which causes a branch to occur after that to a parallel code set with different failure values. (the parallel code, I observed, the branch by which it was called I did not)

Reaction score
u can do it a kind of easy ... just take the same function of quest item, and put it on 're-speck'.
my system , of the video, works very fine, but the codes are very hard.

Imri Persiado
Reaction score
"just take the same function of quest item" how do you find this function?people keep saying around take this function and use it over there etc.. how do you do that?

Imri Persiado
Reaction score
I guess it has nothing to do with assembly skills, it's more olly skills which I don't have. It's kinda off topic but it's about time that someone will write a tutorial about it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i have a little idea, using distributor, but, a new code, that send item direct to char, without login again.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
u can do it a kind of easy ... just take the same function of quest item, and put it on 're-speck'.
my system , of the video, works very fine, but the codes are very hard.

And in this case how the item will gives with the spec that I choose?

Reaction score
@jvfl@ well, this will be very hard, cos the system of itempost is a kind of hard, i mean, this will take some lag, and maybe a crash 4u.

@lipinf@ u can put a 'speck' in a new shelton, like i did.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@lipinf@ u can put a 'speck' in a new shelton, like i did.

Actually I meant how the spec will be assign for item?

To do a new shelton to symbolize the spec i know how o do :p

Thank you for help ^^

Imri Persiado
Reaction score
How do you create the connection between the C++ code and the client/server? And what can you really write in you c++ code?I mean you don't have the source I guess lol.

Imri Persiado
Reaction score
What about the code you write?gives us a hint :D I have never done this kind of things and I know c++ and got some time. I would like to solve this issue and of course share it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What about the code you write?gives us a hint :D I have never done this kind of things and I know c++ and got some time. I would like to solve this issue and of course share it.

Pointers, is the solution.

Back