• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Server Operating Systems

RZA-PT | KilroyPT
Reaction score
Hi All

What operating systems are most of you running in the back end?

I have a online virtual server (operating out of the states) running Windows server 2012 R2,
I am currently playing with the simplified version that SunnyZ had shared that was a VM image on server 2003.

Im finding c++ runtime crashes when i try to start the server.
still early days so havent put too much effort in to it yet but does anyone have PT running on Server 2012R2 or 2008R2?

I would be a lot further in my development if my RDC wasnt slow as buggary and if I could upload to the server at any real pace :/

Reaction score
2012R2 runs all pt servers I've thrown at it perfectly fine.
That's what I use now days.

And I use Microsoft SQL server 2008 R2 for the database.

RZA-PT | KilroyPT
Reaction score
ah k, i might need to put more effort in ahha.
i kept getting c++ runtime error when i went to start server4096 so i thought it may have been a compatibility error.

RZA-PT | KilroyPT
Reaction score
@SunnyZ I am installing sqlexpress 2008r2, the game files dont need to be "installed" with an installer do they? (server files) Like copying them from your VM is ok?

Its been a very long time since Ive done this stuff lol

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
how to complie server from source code.
how to complie client from source code.
I had use Visual 2010
when i run source file . Error source.
Thanks

Back