Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Skinning help

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Im making new models(Weapons) with 3ds max 2012

Lunar Bow - Skinning help - RaGEZONE Forums Lunar Javelin - Skinning help - RaGEZONE Forums

but im having a hard time puting graphics on it, i know i need a .bmp file for it, but how should i start? what programs should i use making this graphics? a video will be much appreciated :) Thank you!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited by a moderator:
Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
I would recommend Photoshop.. And i suppose that what you call 'graphics' are the textures; you are having a hard time making the textures to it :)..

Take off the cord from the bow, the game does not use it :)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
if u dont know abuot 3ds max, i guess u should start with something ez, like Wings3D, low weight and there is tutos on youtube to moddel, texture and export weapons, after u understand the basics there, then u can start with 3ds max

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nope,im quite familiar with 3dmax i can export them/ use the items in game, what i mean is im having hard time making textures like to put in the model, like for example with old items and their targa file that can just be dragged in the model(in 3dmax) and the texture will be exact on the model, when i make a texture on photoshop and export is as bmp/targa and put it in the model, the texture is divided in seperate pieces of the model, even though i used (connect) or (Attach from editmesh) the model is still seperated

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
huh??
-If the model is split in pieces, u have to atach every piece into one piece.
-If the texture is what looks weird in game, then the problem is ur Unwrap, u have to check the unwrap. (add the correct modifier to check and work with ur unwrap, u can make it to fit some old texture if u havent make one urself)
p.d. Use edit poly instead of edit mesh

Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
Ah, you probably did not mapped the mesh.. "To map" a mesh is to give it proper "mapping coordinates", which is basically to tell the mesh where and how the texture will be placed to the mesh ("the mesh"= the object you are modeling)..

To properly map a mesh without errors, you will have to use the "Unwrap UVW" modifier.. You will find the Unwrap UVW on the "Modify" tab, on the right corner of the screen..

j0sh342 - Skinning help - RaGEZONE Forums

Start with a 2 sided mapping (left-right, top-bottom) which is easier, then you make more elaborate maps..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I made a model, but its in pieces should i do unwrap uvw on each piece?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
to prevent uv overlaping, atach every piece in just 1 and work the uv, at the end u will get only 1 uvmap ready to go

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Those edges are so wierd =/ cant find the outline of my axe

Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
Press '3' and then, on the 'Edit UVW' window you go to 'Mapping' and 'Normal Mapping' and choose "back/front" or "top bottom" mapping..

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You can also move those green lines around and arrange them in way you like.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
OMG guys!!! Thank you so much for your help!! really appriciate it !! Thank you!!!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Now i have texture in weapon, my problem now is putting it to server :D i can replace a file but i cant make 1, i want to put original stats on it and such..

Advance thanks!

Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
The item's status are on the "Openserver"/"OpenItem" directory.. Like the item's model names (but as a TXT kind of file), you open them and edit the item's status, name, etc.. You can even put the 100 quest glow or the lvl 40 quest 'fays'.

You can edit all attributes of the item on these files..

Back