Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Sql.dll by Gregoo

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
when i used sql.dll by Gregoo

i found one error . i can login with ID : admin , but i can't login with ID :bkpro or all other ID can't login .
unique ID only admin can login with my server.
what is happened ?
when I delete sql.dll i can login all ID with hotuk.in admin

Help me ! with answers if you have encountered a similar situation

Thank all !

Reaction score
Personally I have never figured out those files.
I have created so many servers its not funny.
I've had so many problems its not funny...

Gregoos custom dlls did not work.
Sandurrs files did not work.
The only thing that worked for me were some random clan files I got from some package I got years ago, cant rememebr the name, but it came with tonns of server tools.) this DLL worked perfect with C8 master in the ODBC thing.
DL here:

Nothing else has ever worked for me, i get unable to connect to server if I try the other options.

Might just be me though, I am a massive noob...

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Whoa !

My sqll.dll edit by Notepad work perfect . but i use sql.dll by Gregoo .
It can't connect with other all ID . ( and ID :admin work perfect .)

Thanks Sunnyz

But I need answer with sql.dll by Gregoo :D

Thank all

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Okay... here's the thing.

If you have SQL.dll stuffs, then SQL access is via ADODB. If you don't, then Clan doesn't work, and access is via ODBC. (Vormav made SQL.DLL to work via ODBC as well, I believe)

SQL.dll and Clan.dll expect the user database fields in the SQL to be filled out differently to the way ODBC expects, and are more fussy.

The "manual" instructions for creating a user in the SQL, do not work with any of the usual SQL.dll files, because the server typically thinks everyone (except admins) is either banned, or their account has expired. (they haven't paid up) Sometimes, it even tells you you are too young to play PT. XD

Fiddle with the fields, till you get it right. (it's mostly about putting "0" instead of "null" or the reverse... actually filling in a date... many of the php & asp sign up pages just set every account to expire in 2010 or so... because that was ridiculously far in the future at the time and nobody would still be playing PT by 2010, apparently)

Once you know what it takes to get a valid, non-banned, non-out-of-credit account, you can modify the sign-up page to match what your DLL expects.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What you say is very reasonable.
but you do not talk about how to solve it.
can you guide me how to fix it is not.
I can use my sql.dll login all the ID that you have registered in Hotuk.ini
But when use sql.dll of Gregoo can only login Admin account.
if can run sql.dll of Gregoo I think the system would be better.

Thanks Bob

1.JPG - Sql.dll by Gregoo - RaGEZONE Forums

It is right ?
I think there need change .

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
As I said, I just changed the data in the AccountDB and modified the sign up page to make new accounts fit that. I found I needed something slightly different with different DLLs, and I don't remember which changes where needed with whose DLL. All I can say is try it for yourself and with perseverance you will succeed. :wink:

The modifying of the DLL code you suggest is something I've not tried. It should be possible, but you'd need to know more about different SQL dialects than I do. Vormav has been our expert there, so far. You may succeed, but I think my way, with a little trial and error, needs less background knowledge and experience.

As I say, I don't have much, but I managed it. Without meaning to offend, you are asking me, so I guess you have less than I do. Therefore I recommend taking the "idiots" route, as I did. XD

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
No no !
I will use my sql.dll . i don't sql.dll by gregoo -----> it is very bad ! no active with gamer for my server
:D

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I guess that's a case of opinion and intention. For what I've wanted Gregoos dlls have been the least hassle of all I've tried. But his and Shagpubs and so on, each needed a slightly different change to the signup page.

None would work with the basic ODBC. So I take it it's just something everyone needs to do. (unless, maybe, you got the sign-up script from the same guy who made the DLL you want XD)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Whoa !
Thank Bob !

I had fixed database and i had run ID : bkpro

Register day

All right !

close topic

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Back