Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Something strange happened?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I've found that in my server, "Salamander Armor" (80C) has absorb rating greater than "Wyvern Armor" (80D). Even in data files in \GameServer\OpenItem\ everything seemed to be OK.

So I made a test and found that for every armor/robe which level are lesser than 80D (meant lv 1 -> lv 80C or da101-da120 and da201-da220) there's a "hidden multiplier" which made their absorb rating bigger than normal.

This strange thing happened with only ARMOR/ROBE everything else is OK (shield, orb, gloves, boots :D)

Here's a part in data file of "Salamander Armor":

Code:
*흡수력		15.8   16.299
*방어력		330 360
*블럭율

Here's a part in data file of "Wyvern Armor":

Code:
*흡수력		18.1   18.699
*방어력		360 380
*블럭율

Here's a part in data file of "Astral Robe":

Code:
*흡수력		14.0   14.499
*방어력		270   290
*블럭율

Here's a part in data file of "Archon Robe":

Code:
*흡수력		16.1   16.599
*방어력		290   310
*블럭율

Here's picture of these items dropped in game.

trungnt88 - Something strange happened? - RaGEZONE Forums

Anyone can help me :?:

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Can you display these corrupted commands (eg *Èí¼ö·Â) into their native (eg *흡수력) then we can translate them, find them in out server and discover what they might do... as gobbldy goop they are meaningless to me, and from your post it's very hard to get the truth out of each one, but from your files it will be easy, just set CP949 (EUC-KR) in you editor as you should normally do when reading or editing these files.

Comments above usually help understanding too... that's what they're there for.

*흡수력 = Absorptivity

My server is classic 6x cap (not that I've had a player over 4x) so I don't have these items to check.

If it's easier, and you don't mind, you could post the OpenItem files in question in a zip, and I can look into it from there.

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Done, I've used Korean (EUC) to load those files and I've updated 1st post, check it out :)

If you still need my item files, take a look here :

Back