Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    GammaRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    Relative to YouLocation
    3,201Posts

Will we ever find 'alien' life?

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

Lately I've been seeing a lot of news stories about us receiving FGRB's, or F(ast) G(amma) R(ay) B(ursts) from different parts of the universe. FGRB's are typically high-energy electromagnetic beams that travel at the speed of light, can last from a split second to several hours, and are believed to be a means of communication from other parts of the universe; we send out the signals ourselves hoping for them to reach another planet that can receive and interpret them. I've also been seeing a lot of stories about how we're finding skeletons and alien looking fossils, both here on Earth as-well as on Mars and the Moon. So, is this all just a hoax? Or is there truth to it?

Well, first, let's look at the definition of the word 'Alien'

Definition of alien
    a : belonging or relating to another person, place, or thing : strange
    b : relating, belonging, or owing allegiance to another country or government : foreign
    c : exotic 1
    : differing in nature or character typically to the point of incompatibility

So, an Alien (in this context) is basically any living thing that is foreign to our world. So in other words, some of the weird, alien looking, numerous eyed fish with razor sharp teeth in our seas, that live at incredible depths and pressures could be aliens, we just can't communicate with them. But, take a look at the last word in the last definition, it says typically to the point of incompatibility. Does that necessarily have to be true? Like pretty much every movie depicts - do we have to have a disagreement or war with aliens if they ever come to us, or we find them? Or can we just show them that we are an evolutionary species and we are intelligent (well, some of us haha) and that we are worth letting survive as we will eventually populate the cosmos?

If we ever are publicly visited by Aliens, or we ever do find aliens ourselves, do you think we'll get along? Or do you think one race will try to wipe out the other; and if so, for what reason?

Discuss :)

Alpha MaleRank
    May 2011 Join Date
    LondonLocation
    1,908Posts

Re: Will we ever find 'alien' life?

(This will be a short post, it's pretty late and I have a bed time... )
    I think if we ever came across aliens, they'd be pretty receptive towards us. I mean, we probably won't develop the technology to travel beyond light speed, so any alien contact will come from them and not us. It would be pretty cool to be visited by aliens and unbelievably scary too.

The vastness of the universe is scary - the thought that we are alone and there is NOTHING out there is extremely scary

SubscriberRank
    May 2012 Join Date
    The WastelandLocation
    1,366Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justice For All View Post
    Lately I've been seeing a lot of news stories about us receiving FGRB's, or F(ast) G(amma) R(ay) B(ursts) from different parts of the universe. FGRB's are typically high-energy electromagnetic beams that travel at the speed of light, can last from a split second to several hours, and are believed to be a means of communication from other parts of the universe; we send out the signals ourselves hoping for them to reach another planet that can receive and interpret them. I've also been seeing a lot of stories about how we're finding skeletons and alien looking fossils, both here on Earth as-well as on Mars and the Moon. So, is this all just a hoax? Or is there truth to it?

Well, first, let's look at the definition of the word 'Alien'

So, an Alien (in this context) is basically any living thing that is foreign to our world. So in other words, some of the weird, alien looking, numerous eyed fish with razor sharp teeth in our seas, that live at incredible depths and pressures could be aliens, we just can't communicate with them. But, take a look at the last word in the last definition, it says typically to the point of incompatibility. Does that necessarily have to be true? Like pretty much every movie depicts - do we have to have a disagreement or war with aliens if they ever come to us, or we find them? Or can we just show them that we are an evolutionary species and we are intelligent (well, some of us haha) and that we are worth letting survive as we will eventually populate the cosmos?

If we ever are publicly visited by Aliens, or we ever do find aliens ourselves, do you think we'll get along? Or do you think one race will try to wipe out the other; and if so, for what reason?

Discuss :)
    Honestly, with the idea in mind that the universe is practically infinite, it's almost ridiculous to assume that we as inhabitants of Earth are completely alone in the universe. Also keeping that idea in mind, it's extremely unlikely that we haven't already been visited by "aliens". There are still so many species that haven't been discovered in the oceans, and I'm sure there are still species on land and underground that have not been discovered yet. Do you ever think about the sightings of things like "sasquatch" and other myths and urban legends like that? Isn't it possible that those sightings of unidentifiable creatures are just beings from other parts of the universe that somehow found their way here, and we may only see one of them, if at all, because they came alone and have no way to mate. We also shouldn't assume that if "aliens" do arrive here that they will come in spaceships, they might have mastered teleportation or some other form of transportation. I think movies, television, and media have forced our imaginations to become so close-minded and assume things can only happen a certain way, even in our minds. How do we know that some species that we have already discovered aren't just "aliens"? Maybe dogs came from Mars? These species go so far back, we don't really know, even though we pretend that we do. And even though we assume we all started here, science has disproven itself many times, and maybe it will again. It's very possible our species came from another world.
    Not all fuckboys are heartless, some are just heartbroken.

GammaRank
    Nov 2007 Join Date
    Boob Island, BILocation
    3,115Posts

It's impossible to really debate about this, purely because we don't even know if aliens exist. It would be easy to debate, if we know for a fact aliens do exist, but because we still have no valid renowned proof, it's impossible to say.

Regardless of this though, we know some planets COULD host some sort of life form, which means aliens could be a real possibility. When will we find one, if this is the case? Who knows. It's just a waiting game.

Skype - el_jamie

LegendRank
    Aug 2010 Join Date
    2,318Posts

Erm... The term "alien" is not entirely correct even though some popular sci-fi movies made it mainstream.

The correct term would be either : EBE - Extraterrestrial Biological Entity, or simply EE, Extraterrestrial Entity (in situations where said entity may not be biological, or physical at all.)

"extraterrestrial
    ˌɛkstrətəˈrɛstrɪəl/Submit
    adjective
    of or from outside the earth or its atmosphere.
    "searches for extraterrestrial intelligence"
    noun
    a hypothetical or fictional being from outer space."

In this case "outer space" is definitive, but other 'dimensions' or states of 'being' are not entirely excluded.
    IXXI

i dbout aliens would like to live with us ^^ they're srtange and different creatures, have different life style and cant stand this crazy world for sure they'd demolish earth by then =D

MemberRank
    Jan 2017 Join Date
    22Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KarLi View Post
    i dbout aliens would like to live with us ^^ they're srtange and different creatures, have different life style and cant stand this crazy world for sure they'd demolish earth by then =D
    how do you know?
    from movies?

Indigo SubscriberRank
    Feb 2007 Join Date
    PortugalLocation
    245Posts

I doubt anything conclusive and serious has been found so far, on Earth or other planets; or if it has been found, then it has been hidden under the involved countries' secrecy legislation *cough* Roswell *cough* Majestic12 *cough*

Even with clinical hypnosis portraying some extremely well designed situations, there's really no viable and plausible way to prove that some humans have been truly abducted by "aliens" and forced to undergo scientific experiments.

What we do have that has yet to be explained, are some ancient civilizations with advanced knowledge that have simply vanished... Now that is something that has kept me curious ever since I was a child, when I've read books not only about "aliens", but also about the lost civilization of Atlantis, and other ancient civilizations. Some Central/Southern American civilizations were wiped out because the colonists brought some "plagues" with them - that is plausible - but there is yet no explanation for the reason why others perished.

Best example for me would be these guys:

Who are the creatures depicted on "Easter Island"? Who the hell even built those things? Most importantly, HOW were those statues built?

There are credible explanations for Pyramids and some temples, but those guys? How were those statues even transported if some of them weigh 80 tons? It's not hard to explain how they were shaped, although it would take a long time, they could have easily been sculpted while on the ground... But how were they moved, how were they even raised from the ground?

No one seems to know yet...

Now going a bit into sci-fi, I've actually adored the way the first "Alien VS Predator" movie used all of this - As the Predators being the "Gods" that appear on some ancient hieroglyphs, being worshiped and given human sacrifice in exchange for advanced technology. (If you forget the part when the Predators used humans to breed Aliens, then I guess it somehow fits, moving on to the part when they lose their "battles" and trigger their bombs that wipe out everything).

Back to reality, I still believe that we - humans - have been wasting far too many resources searching for answers on outer space, when those answers might just be within our very own planet.
    "Making mistakes is human, the ability to acknowledge them, the humility and maturity to apologize and try to correct them is GODLY"

Alpha MaleRank
    Apr 2011 Join Date
    Chadderton, UKLocation
    1,839Posts

Theres bound to be life out there somewhere, maybe not in this universe, but maybe in another universe which is suitable to sustain life organisms.
    Quote Originally Posted by MentaL
    kid fucked in the ass.
    If I help you, please like, and +rep :)
    'You should have learned bitches love cake' - Borgore - Decisions
    'You should of learned bitches love cake' - Borgore - Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by ClaudiuF93 View Post
    how do you know?
    from movies?
    i dont know, i just believe so!

Indigo SubscriberRank
    Feb 2007 Join Date
    PortugalLocation
    245Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KarLi View Post
    i dont know, i just believe so!

Sorry, I couldn't help it, no offense intended :]

However, maybe you are right, maybe they already came here trying to help us, but when they realized how evil we - mankind - can be, they just wiped us out... That would explain the mystery behind the ancient lost civilizations.
    "Making mistakes is human, the ability to acknowledge them, the humility and maturity to apologize and try to correct them is GODLY"

SubscriberRank
    May 2012 Join Date
    The WastelandLocation
    1,366Posts

Quote Originally Posted by El Jamie View Post
    It's impossible to really debate about this, purely because we don't even know if aliens exist. It would be easy to debate, if we know for a fact aliens do exist, but because we still have no valid renowned proof, it's impossible to say.

Regardless of this though, we know some planets COULD host some sort of life form, which means aliens could be a real possibility. When will we find one, if this is the case? Who knows. It's just a waiting game.
    Just because there is no factual basis to it, does not mean it can't be debated. Some debates just don't have a "conclusion". It's like anything else that you "shouldn't" debate like religion. It's really more opinion or belief, than it is fact. Sure, we can't really conclude anything until something happens, but until then we can speculate and wonder.
    Not all fuckboys are heartless, some are just heartbroken.

LegendRank
    Aug 2010 Join Date
    2,318Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wreckless View Post
    Just because there is no factual basis to it, does not mean it can't be debated. Some debates just don't have a "conclusion". It's like anything else that you "shouldn't" debate like religion. It's really more opinion or belief, than it is fact. Sure, we can't really conclude anything until something happens, but until then we can speculate and wonder.
    Amen indeed.

I'm biased though. Given the current known size of the universe, it is in fact rather vain to assume that we are the only intelligent life in existence.
    I am of the opinion that the universe is FILLED with a variety of life of which we are but one aspect. HOW we as a species officially meet with any of those outside our reach, in both time and space, remains to be seen. THAT is the debate in my opinion. In my mind it is not whether we ever WILL, but rather HOW we will.

Let's discuss :P
    IXXI

It's not the question of meeting them. It's that time is our worst enemy. To the universe ... we live like a quarter of a milisecond. We simply can't get anywhere while we're bound to time. Sure we can launch probes and telescopes, but even those look back into the past ... millions and billions of years in the past.
    Forum Rules / Donate If You Can / Contact Me
    "For if I am not to be their Sheppard, I must be their Wolf"

GammaRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    Relative to YouLocation
    3,201Posts

You have to remember that time is relative though. To us it may seem like millions and billions of years, but to another life form, especially an advanced life form time can be dilated and millions and billions of years may seem like a couple seconds. Not to mention with information being able to be sent at faster speeds now as technology advances those millions and billions of years can be turned into a couple years, I'm just waiting until we are able to send information at the end of a beam of light and make it travel at light speeds.

Or with Einstein recently being 'proven wrong', perhaps faster than light speeds.

Particles faster than light measured - Technology & Science - CBC News

A pillar of physics — that nothing can go faster than the speed of light — appears to be smashed by an oddball subatomic particle that has apparently made a giant end run around Albert Einstein's theories.
    And that was in 2011, computing power doubles every year according to Moore's law.

Quarks are already suspected to travel faster, and on the quantum level essentially 'teleport' already.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Advertisement