Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    LegendRank
    Aug 2010 Join Date
    2,322Posts

Re: Will we ever find 'alien' life?

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

Quote Originally Posted by Justice For All View Post
    Or with Einstein recently being 'proven wrong', perhaps faster than light speeds.
    Once Again, Physicists Debunk Faster-Than-Light Neutrinos | Science | AAAS

Sigh... yes, light speed varies depending on the medium it travels through. No, light speed in an off itself does not change. It is constant :P
    IXXI

SubscriberRank
    May 2012 Join Date
    The WastelandLocation
    1,369Posts

I think the funniest thing about Science is we are constantly proving ourselves wrong, which isn't a bad thing. It just goes to show you that no theory is really outlandish. Essentially anything is possible. Maybe not in the exact way we imagine it, but it is most likely possible somehow.
    Not all fuckboys are heartless, some are just heartbroken.

MemberRank
    Feb 2007 Join Date
    PortugalLocation
    248Posts

Interesting that religion has been mentioned. Religion has strict ties with "ufology" - or so "they" say, the "ufologists" - but I'd rather not further develop this matter since I'm a skeptic atheist, I don't want to offend anyone. Just imagine ancients civs worshiping creatures that are located "above", and you get the pic.

Anyway, if you guys are into conspiracy theories, or even if you aren't, this is still a very interesting read:
    https://vault.fbi.gov/Majestic%2012/...%20of%201/view

If you haven't read this yet, I strongly recommend it. These are the infamous "Majestic 12 "X-files"": the supposedly "forged" documents that "someone" created regarding the Roswell incident at "Area 51". According to this theory/these docs, 12 scientists/scholars from different countries were secretly chosen to cooperatively work around with whatever might have happened at Roswell, thus forming the organization known as "Majestic 12". The US Government, and afterwards, the FBI, obviously declared them as "bogus"; but it's still a good read! The documents even have the proper FBI old school format to make it slightly credible.

As for science... If there are indeed other races, species or intelligent organisms out there, I can only think of them as being extremely more advanced than us.

Why? Well, it is known that "we", the human being, have been literally reverse engineered. The University of Leicester and its high-end geneticists have managed to print the human genome, as in, the "human being's construction manual". And, although their 130 book volumes would allegedly take 90+ years for a human to read (since all the books are constituted by endless encoded sequences), we have reached a point in our evolution where the cloning of a human being is actually possible and viable.

However... And here's the part where I didn't want to get into because of religious matters - "we" know how to "build" a human being, it could take some time, it's a forbidden practice (for now), but we have the knowledge and resources to replicate "one of us"... But here's the catch, how do we create a "soul", a "conscience"... Not an artificial intelligence, a real "soul".

I believe that when mankind finds the "secret" regarding our "soul", or when we find alien life, we will probably have all our questions answered. Maybe then, we will be able to acknowledge one of two things: there aren't any "Gods", or, there aren't any "aliens" - because we're either a creation of the "Gods", or we were built by "aliens"... And being pragmatic, stricto sensu, any kind of "God" is indeed an "alien" in its very definition.

This is all bullcrap anyway, none of us will probably live long enough to see anything happen...

/off-topic
    While I'm at it, if you guys want to see some more cool hush-hush stuff released last month, the CIA released these files:
    https://www.cia.gov/library/readingr...rogram-archive

Despite not having anything that you could find on the deep web or conspiracy theory forums, there are some very interesting topics here, especially regarding psychic experiments... It's obvious that the CIA wouldn't leak their black ops all over the world, nonetheless, the STARGATE files are extremely interesting!

I've just remembered this since you guys have mentioned light speed, so here's a starting article from CIA's CREST:
    "PARTICLES THAT GO FASTER THAN LIGHT" - SCIENTIFIC AMERICAN, FEBRUARY, 1970
    "Making mistakes is human, the ability to acknowledge them, the humility and maturity to apologize and try to correct them is GODLY"

True MemberRank
    Apr 2009 Join Date
    The VoidLocation
    706Posts

I think there are Aliens. If we exist then whos to say there aren't other forms of life in the universe? I believe one day the world will look like Futurama.

LegendRank
    Aug 2010 Join Date
    2,322Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Baha View Post
    I think there are Aliens. If we exist then whos to say there aren't other forms of life in the universe? I believe one day the world will look like Futurama.
    Debate not your forte then?

Try harder. WHY do you think there are "Aliens"?

What information contributes to your assertion that "Aliens" exist?

If one is to use your logic, ie: since we exist, Aliens must exist, then by the same logic, ghosts, vampires, zombies, sprites, ghouls and Santa Claus must also exist. Kindly explain your logic?
    Last edited by Kreeate; 16-02-17 at 07:32 AM.
    IXXI

Gold SubscriberRank
    Jan 2013 Join Date
    United KingdomLocation
    494Posts

I'm gonna say that I reckon aliens exist due to the fact yes our existence and not to mention all these strange phenomenons occurring out of the random with no one knowing where it came from or even how but mainly my reason is to say we will find them due to the matter of us evolving constantly yet destroying out own humanity planet/Earth which will lead one of our top people to find a fresh planet considering that they are already thinking such dumb ideas.

SubscriberRank
    May 2012 Join Date
    The WastelandLocation
    1,369Posts

They apparently just found 7 new "earth-like" planets that may have life on them.
    Source: memes
    (I haven't Googled it because I don't have time for all that, but Google it. It's legit.)
    Not all fuckboys are heartless, some are just heartbroken.

GammaRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    Relative to YouLocation
    3,206Posts

They really did find 7 Earth like planets that lie in what's called the habitable zone, and exhibit Earth-like features. Not only that but they officially found the 'building blocks' of life on a dwarf planet named Ceres that lies between I believe Mars and Jupiter (not sure what 2 planets exactly but they were between 2 of the planets in our solar system), this is indeed a huge step in space exploration and the search for other life.

MemberRank
    Feb 2007 Join Date
    PortugalLocation
    248Posts

I love how we're jumping from thread to thread, this is getting interesting. I'm actually sorry that, for so many years, I've limited my virtual existence here on Ragezone only in regards to game modding. You guys have interesting topics and arguments. +1

I've said before that we should be more focused on understanding ourselves, but at the rate mankind is running, sooner or later, we will have to migrate to another planet, it's becoming almost an inevitability. Even old folks, sadly illiterate, keep saying that the world is coming to an end. And they're right, some of them have never heard of the concept of "global warming", but they clearly notice that the weather has been mad crazy in the past few years... On the countryside village where my Father was born, they had sunny weather last week, which was being good for their agriculture, yet now - one week later - they're having snow, literally. It hasn't snowed in that village for nearly a decade, much less such an abrupt change.

The problem will be, eventually, HOW exactly will we migrate to another planet. When the time comes, will be be able to take mankind as a whole? Or will we be forced to repeat "Noah's Arc"? I'd better stop here or I will have to correlate the other thread about "lightspeed"...

Back on topic, I don't like repeating myself, but as I've just posted on another thread, and responding to prior posts here, I also like to believe that there is a high probability of mankind not being alone in the universe. I stand divided though, either "they" have no idea that we exist, or they're just watching us. Maybe "they" created us, maybe "they" will save us, or maybe "they" will simply obliterate us.
    "Making mistakes is human, the ability to acknowledge them, the humility and maturity to apologize and try to correct them is GODLY"

MemberRank
    May 2008 Join Date
    Manchester, EngLocation
    105Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SKNeoDio View Post
    I love how we're jumping from thread to thread, this is getting interesting. I'm actually sorry that, for so many years, I've limited my virtual existence here on Ragezone only in regards to game modding. You guys have interesting topics and arguments. +1

I've said before that we should be more focused on understanding ourselves, but at the rate mankind is running, sooner or later, we will have to migrate to another planet, it's becoming almost an inevitability. Even old folks, sadly illiterate, keep saying that the world is coming to an end. And they're right, some of them have never heard of the concept of "global warming", but they clearly notice that the weather has been mad crazy in the past few years... On the countryside village where my Father was born, they had sunny weather last week, which was being good for their agriculture, yet now - one week later - they're having snow, literally. It hasn't snowed in that village for nearly a decade, much less such an abrupt change.

The problem will be, eventually, HOW exactly will we migrate to another planet. When the time comes, will be be able to take mankind as a whole? Or will we be forced to repeat "Noah's Arc"? I'd better stop here or I will have to correlate the other thread about "lightspeed"...

Back on topic, I don't like repeating myself, but as I've just posted on another thread, and responding to prior posts here, I also like to believe that there is a high probability of mankind not being alone in the universe. I stand divided though, either "they" have no idea that we exist, or they're just watching us. Maybe "they" created us, maybe "they" will save us, or maybe "they" will simply obliterate us.
    I think in essence the way people would migrate to different planet would require humans being suspended in a sleep like state; with all cells suspended too. Not dead but not alive. It'd also require colonies too I'd imagine, rather than 2 by 2. But this is a long time off; no way with current technologies for us to even begin to comprehend the magnitude of resource etc. it'd take.

I like your last point, reminds me in a way of Prometheus, with "creators" haha.
    Do a bit of cloud engineering

GammaRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    Relative to YouLocation
    3,206Posts

It does not really matter in my opinion anyway whether we/how we get off of this planet eventually.

If we do ever have the means of transporting humans to another habitable planet, it won't be used for just everyday citizens - it'll be used for the higher-class, 'more important' and 'contributing' people of society, such as political and other prominent figures like people with a lot of money. Not only that, but they're not going to transport sickly people to other planets, or people who are deemed to have 'faulty' or 'messed up' genes. They're going to transport all of the 'genetically superior' people because otherwise, it would be a waste. Everyday people like you and I won't have a chance, unless we hit the lottery.

MemberRank
    Feb 2007 Join Date
    PortugalLocation
    248Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Calz View Post
    I think in essence the way people would migrate to different planet would require humans being suspended in a sleep like state; with all cells suspended too. Not dead but not alive. It'd also require colonies too I'd imagine, rather than 2 by 2. But this is a long time off; no way with current technologies for us to even begin to comprehend the magnitude of resource etc. it'd take.

I like your last point, reminds me in a way of Prometheus, with "creators" haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justice For All View Post
    It does not really matter in my opinion anyway whether we/how we get off of this planet eventually.

If we do ever have the means of transporting humans to another habitable planet, it won't be used for just everyday citizens - it'll be used for the higher-class, 'more important' and 'contributing' people of society, such as political and other prominent figures like people with a lot of money. Not only that, but they're not going to transport sickly people to other planets, or people who are deemed to have 'faulty' or 'messed up' genes. They're going to transport all of the 'genetically superior' people because otherwise, it would be a waste. Everyday people like you and I won't have a chance, unless we hit the lottery.
    I can only agree with both of you.

@Justice For All , unfortunately, and as everyone knows, what you relate is the reality we already live in: where some starve to death, while others enrich beyond measure and purpose - as if their fortunes would grant them eternal life.

If there is indeed alien life, I hope that "they" are not as discriminating or prejudiced as most of mankind sadly is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Advertisement