Donald J Trump? Next U.S. President?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Alpha MaleRank
    Aug 2007 Join Date
    Faronnia.comLocation
    2,064Posts

Re: Donald J Trump? Next U.S. President?

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

Truth is, until the common people put their differences aside and unite, we will be preyed upon by the current political class.
    But fear and cowardice is a blight which has spread across all corners of the land.

Who will save us from the clutches of dark and evil?

Alpha MaleRank
    Apr 2010 Join Date
    2,083Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingLordMaster View Post
    Truth is, until the common people put their differences aside and unite, we will be preyed upon by the current political class.
    But fear and cowardice is a blight which has spread across all corners of the land.

Who will save us from the clutches of dark and evil?
    Nobody. There is no such thing as justice and people will always strive to do what they think is 'justice'.

Alpha MaleRank
    Apr 2008 Join Date
    1,999Posts

This is a debate thread, not a "spout political rhetoric" thread.

Let's look at the facts shall we?

Trumps favorable rating is +14 unfavorable with polling data weighed.
    Republican Partys favorable rating is +21 unfavorable with polling data weighed.

Clintons favorable rating is +11 unfavorable with polling data weighed.
    Democratic Party favorable rating is +9 unfavorable with polling data weighed.

Both of the front running candidates have high unfavorable rates but the Republican party is miles ahead of the Democratic party in terms of how much people hate them, and in a presidential election cycle where minority voters actually turn out to the polls unlike the mid-term elections, its much harder for the Republicans to gain the White House.

Now lets take a look at the flip side.
    Bernie Sanders has a favorable rating of +3 favorable with polling data weighed.

Pretty astounding that he is beating Clinton and Trump in favorable ratings by +17 and +14 respectively but is still considered the underdog in the race, there is a strong case to be made that Sanders is the best candidate for the Democrats while Marco Rubio would be the strongest candidate for the Republicans with a +5 unfavorable rating.

The whole reason why I'm not using head-to-head matchups is because there are still many debates for both parties ahead as well as the presidential debates when the candidates get chosen, a lot can happen between now and November, and with the email scandal coming back to bite Hillary in the ass right now I think she's in an extremely vulnerable position to be beat by ANY Republican candidate. It would be smart for Democrats to put Bernie against Trump, it would be even smarter for the Republicans to put up Marco Rubio against Clinton or Sanders.

Do I think Trump will win the presidency? No. His unfavorable ratings with independents is fucking atrocious, and after the attacks he's made on other candidates like Cruz, Bush and Rubio, he's alienating himself from his own party base who won't show up to vote for him on election day (See Romney in 2012)
    WHO UP CLICC LIEK

SubscriberRank
    May 2012 Join Date
    The WastelandLocation
    1,369Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    As most of you know Donald Trump is running for President in America, and he is leading in national polls not by a little but by a lot! How do you feel about him? Many people don't like or agree with him because he speaks freely, and has no filter. Which is known as not being politically correct, in other words he says things that most want to say but wont in fear of offending people or in some cases being racist.

Personally I support, how about you? Opinions?
    If you know anything about how a U.S. Presidential Election works and if you know anything about American Politics, you will also know that it is very unlikely that Donald Trump will be elected. Let me explain...

In the United States, there are two elections to determine the next President. There is the Primary Election which will take place in Early June 2016, and the General Election which will take place in Early November 2016. The primary is when the candidates are elected to represent their party. Based on current polls and analyses, it seems likely that Donald Trump will be elected to be the Republican Party's Candidate in the general election (even though party leaders hate him) and Hillary Clinton will likely be the Democratic Party's Candidate in the general election. In the primary, you may only vote for the party that you've affiliated yourself with either Democrat or Republican (or others, but they never win). In the general election, this is when all the parties' candidates elected in the primary are put up against each other. So, if Trump and Clinton win their party's nomination in the primary, they will move on to the general election against each other.

The way the general election works is that you don't directly vote for a candidate. You vote for an "elector" who has either pledged to vote for a particular candidate or in certain cases haven't pledged to anyone at all. If that elector is elected, they are supposed to vote for the candidate they pledged to vote for, but in rare cases they don't. These votes only count in your state and whichever party wins the majority of the electors' votes in your state is awarded all of your state's electoral votes for the election. The entire country adds up to 538 electoral votes because it's equal to the members of Congress. There are 435 members in the House of Representatives (part of Congress) and 100 members of the Senate (also part of Congress), plus the three electoral votes given to Washington D.C. (not a state, so it's given the minimum electoral votes). The nominee who gets the most electoral votes wins the election.

Now, you may be thinking, "Okay, why does this matter?". Well, this means it is unlikely that Donald Trump will win the General Election, especially against Hillary Clinton. How? Let me explain...
    Each state gets a particular amount of electoral votes, the bigger the population, the more votes that your state gets. It's based on the amount of members of Congress that represent your state which is based on population size. All states get at least 3 electoral votes because each state has at least 1 representative in HoR and 2 senators.

HoR = House of Representatives

California: 53 members in HoR + 2 members in Senate = 55 Electoral Votes (State with most Electoral Votes)
    New York: 27 members in HoR + 2 members in Senate = 29 Electoral Votes
    Pennsylvania: 18 members in HoR + 2 members in Senate = 20 Electoral Votes
    Illinois: 18 members in HoR + 2 members in Senate = 20 Electoral Votes
    Michigan: 14 members in HoR + 2 members in Senate = 16 Electoral Votes
    New Jersey: 12 Members in HoR + 2 members in Senate = 14 Electoral Votes
    Washington State: 10 members in HoR + 2 members in Senate = 12 Electoral Votes
    Massachusetts: 9 members in HoR + 2 members in Senate = 11 Electoral Votes
    Maryland: 8 members in HoR + 2 members in Senate = 10 Electoral Votes
    Minnesota: 8 members in HoR + 2 members in Senate = 10 Electoral Votes
    Wisconsin: 8 members in HoR + 2 members in Senate = 10 Electoral Votes
    Connecticut: 5 members in HoR + 2 members in Senate = 7 Electoral Votes
    Oregon: 5 members in HoR + 2 members in Senate = 7 Electoral Votes
    Maine: 2 members in HoR + 2 members in Senate = 4 Electoral Votes
    Rhode Island: 2 members in HoR + 2 members in Senate = 4 Electoral Votes
    Vermont: 1 member in HoR + 2 members in Senate = 3 Electoral Votes
    Delaware: 1 member in HoR + 2 members in Senate = 3 Electoral Votes
    Washington D.C.: Given Minimum Amount of Votes, no members in Congress = 3 Electoral Votes

Now, I listed these particular states, and you're probably still wondering, "Why are you showing us this? It doesn't make sense or matter!". It does matter, I listed these states particularly because for the past 20 years, which is the last 6 presidential elections (1992-2012), these states electoral votes have all gone to the Democratic candidate. Let's add these up and see how many Electoral Votes the Democratic nominee will most likely receive from the jump of the election. It totals to about 238 Projected Electoral Votes for the Democratic Nominee in the General Presidential Election of 2016. Remember it only takes 270 Electoral Votes to win the election. If this projection is accurate, that means the Democratic Nominee only needs to win at least 32 electoral votes from other states to win. This means that whoever the Democratic Nominee is, they only need to win Florida (a swing state) and another swing state to win it all.

Donald Trump is not going to be the Democratic Nominee and he will most likely lose the election based on that projection.

For those who think Donald Trump is a good candidate, please use your brains. He is a terrible candidate, and he is as ignorant as it gets. I can guarantee you that I will easily contest any argument you make to support him.

"Oh, he knows business, he will fix the economy." -Uneducated Voter
    Knowing a lot about business will not be the sole part of helping you fix the economy. Even if it did, he does not know business at all. Donald Trump did not work his way to the top of the business world. Donald Trump inherited all of his money originally from his Father who knew business. Trump pays stock brokers to make good investments for him. The only thing Trump ever did was write his name, whether it's on a hotel or a piece of paper.

"He speaks his mind, and he's not afraid to say things that are offensive." -Uneducated Voter
    Speaking your mind does not make you a good candidate, in fact it's probably the worst kind of person to be President. We don't need a President who antagonizes enemies and pretends to be invulnerable to everything. This is the kind of thing that will cause wars and attacks on American soil that are unwarranted. Adolf Hitler spoke his mind, and look what he did. Will you support Trump's genocide because he speaks his mind? Trump wants particular groups of people like Muslims to get special ID Cards and wants to deport people who have established families here. He sounds a lot like history's favorite dictator if you asked me.

Either way, for those who are worried about the possibility of Trump getting elected, just don't. Even if he does, the things that he wants to do will not even be heard by the rest of the elected officials in the Federal Government. In Congress, the Republicans hate him and the Democrats hate him even more. Sarah Palin just hopped on board hoping to have a seat somewhere living in Washington D.C., it's probably because she's tired of in Alaska.

The U.S. Government was designed particularly so that it would always be a stalemate and our rights would never be hindered by any branch. Is that always true? No, but don't worry, the President doesn't have half as much power as we think he does. My only concern would be if he launched an attack on rival hotels or starts a reality show called "The Apprentice: White House Edition" where he fires important officials for no reason at all.

Bad news, Donald Trump, "ya fired".
    Last edited by Wreckless; 25-01-16 at 07:18 PM.
    Not all fuckboys are heartless, some are just heartbroken.

Alpha MaleRank
    Jul 2008 Join Date
    In a boxLocation
    1,547Posts

What if Texas goes democratic because of trump?

SubscriberRank
    May 2012 Join Date
    The WastelandLocation
    1,369Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Killerwoody View Post
    I didn't inherit crap or do I want to be the richest man! My family is all the riches I need! People are always worried with what others have and they don't! I could be a rich mofo but I hate school! Money causes issues and those issues I do not want! Some of the stuff Sanders says makes sense but most of is kinda dumb, in the end we all get shafted. Look at Obama he told all kinds of lies, how hes going to do this and that.... Does the total opposite of what he said lol
    If you truly believe in any political promises made during a campaign, I hope you educate yourself. The truth is, a candidate will rarely if ever tell it's supporters anything they don't want to hear. Just go back and watch old campaign speeches, almost none of it ever happens.

America was designed to always and forever be a stalemate. The Constitution is not supposed to be changed, if anything added onto, but nothing ever removed. The reason why is because the founding fathers saw these as unalienable rights. Rights that no government or person should have the lawful right to take away from anyone. Besides this, there is a system of checks and balances, and people assume it was made that way to make sure things go smoothly.

The truth is, it wasn't designed to make things run smoothly, it was designed so that nothing would ever really change drastically if the standards were held up. In other words, rarely will policy change so drastically that your life would be significantly affected by it, but the downside is that it takes a very long time for anything to get done at all.

Think about this, how long will it take to get the majority 535 people with very different and opposing views (Congress - Legislative Branch) to agree with 1 single person (The President - Executive Branch)? A long time, and fortunately (or unfortunately depending on how you look at it) it usually takes much longer than an elected officials term. That's why it seems like "Obama hasn't done shit". The truth is he really doesn't have much power to do anything but sign off or veto. Everything else (essentially) is just for the show and glory. This is why I'm not at all worried about Donald Trump.

MemberRank
    Jan 2016 Join Date
    51Posts

Donald Trump does not deserve presidency

SubscriberRank
    May 2012 Join Date
    The WastelandLocation
    1,369Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ovflowd View Post
    Yesterday no words. Brazil thinks Donald is a guy that loves spanking his monkeys and hate muslims and also love fight and say bad words about other people.

I don't know anything about Donald T., but Brazil TeleJournals are saying that about him.
    Sorry for posting this, i know i'm not from USA and these things, and this isn't my opinion.

But is sad a president with that reputation

Lovely Dilma Rousselff isn't my President since i'm not Brazilian, but i live on Brazil, and i have only few words about she.. she is a really dummy president that does a lot of xit, and she also says bad words and fight with everyone (except on TV)..

Sad that Brazil going back in time and not to ahead.

Sorry for being off-topic.
    Donald Trump is not the President, by the way. He is running for President.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious View Post
    Donald Trump does not deserve presidency
    I'm not defending Donald Trump, nor will I ever defend him, but does anyone really "deserve" presidency? What constitutes the right to "deserve" a position of that caliber?

Alpha MaleRank
    Oct 2011 Join Date
    My PCLocation
    2,191Posts

Trump, states he is not appearing to the GOP debate tomorrow, he refuses because the Fox news broadcaster Megan Kelly, doesn't favor him for agree with him lol...
    Thanks, Danny

Rest In Peace, To my dog Sparky. Never forgotten <3

SubscriberRank
    May 2012 Join Date
    The WastelandLocation
    1,369Posts

Trump, states he is not appearing to the GOP debate tomorrow, he refuses because the Fox news broadcaster Megan Kelly, doesn't favor him for agree with him lol...
    Maybe he ran out of ignorant things to say... Nah... He probably has to go shopping for a new toupee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MemberRank
    Feb 2016 Join Date
    3Posts

Won't make big difference, I don't judge USA presidents by their manners or sweettalk.

In other words, nothing important will change no matter who gets elected. And of course, people will again make big deal out of that nothing.

SubscriberRank
    May 2012 Join Date
    The WastelandLocation
    1,369Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JamesGoblin View Post
    Won't make big difference, I don't judge USA presidents by their manners or sweettalk.

In other words, nothing important will change no matter who gets elected. And of course, people will again make big deal out of that nothing.
    This is, essentially, what I've been trying to say. In truth, it's more of a popularity contest than anything. It is unlikely that any of them will be able to fulfill any goals that they have set within a four year term. Granting they may have four more years in one more term, the chances of them completing any goals increase slightly but are still very unlikely. The only way a President can get something done is if they can somehow persuade Congress to look at things as they should, as a Leader, but in most if not all cases, they choose to look at it Politically regardless.

SubscriberRank
    May 2012 Join Date
    The WastelandLocation
    1,369Posts

Donald J Trump? Next U.S. President?

Just stating it here also.

Jeb Bush forgot to renew his domain name, but guess who bought it...
    www.jebbush.com

#savage

Alpha MaleRank
    Oct 2011 Join Date
    My PCLocation
    2,191Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wreckless View Post
    Just stating it here also.

Jeb Bush forgot to renew his domain name, but guess who bought it...
    www.jebbush.com

#savage

That is hilarious, Trump is doing so well over here in ratings tho, I really do believe he has this.
    Thanks, Danny

Rest In Peace, To my dog Sparky. Never forgotten <3

SubscriberRank
    May 2012 Join Date
    The WastelandLocation
    1,369Posts

That is hilarious, Trump is doing so well over here in ratings tho, I really do believe he has this.
    I don't like Trump, but props for that stunt.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Advertisement