Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Mars One narrowed to 100 candidates.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So they have narrowed it down to 100 potential candidates that have chosen to go on a ONE WAY trip to Mars....it will eventually be narrowed down to 24 people who will be sent to Mars every 2 years starting in 2024....

Would you like to be in that first mission in an attempt to colonize the red planet, knowing you could, if you fail, die there?

Rogu3
Reaction score
So they have narrowed it down to 100 potential candidates that have chosen to go on a ONE WAY trip to Mars....it will eventually be narrowed down to 24 people who will be sent to Mars every 2 years starting in 2024....

Would you like to be in that first mission in an attempt to colonize the red planet, knowing you could, if you fail, die there?

Well, you either die on Mars or in space, so dying on Earth isn't an option there. I honestly would not do that. You really have to be dedicated to science for this. I do think it is a cool mission though, and I think it will show us a lot about what can be done with other planets. (i.e. Garbage disposal, agricultural assistance, life off earth, and more)

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I just don't think I could make the decision to leave my family and friends knowing I'll never see them again like that....some of them have kids.

That one pokemon thing
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It's a pretty blunt decision to send people out to Mars, knowing that you can't let them return, but hey, if those people are that willing and interested and are willing to give up their life on earth for the mission, it would be a great step for technology.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If I was able would I go? Damn straight, we're all born on a one way trip to somewhere, I'd love to decide on at least one stop I was going. I wouldn't care about the risks or the separation, or even the chance of crashing, but I'd have to be healthy to go. After all, every science project starts with lab rats and there's no need for ones that are already half dead. Other than that, I'd rather die looking towards the future than having my family worry about the debt of open brain surgery.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is kinda cool but profit us nothing. There nothing on mars but just sand and dust.. wtf?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This is kinda cool but profit us nothing. There nothing on mars but just sand and dust.. wtf?

Evidence there was water on mars has been found, and mars is apparently the closest to our own planet to be able to live on.

I wouldn't go to mars. Not until its proven that you life is not at risk going there. I have a fear of Mars due to the game Doom, and Alien. :p

Reaction score
Let's ruin one planet and do the same to another - We need to spend more time culling the population instead of looking for other planets. I personally wouldn't go there I find Earth to be a nice planet.. if only it was looked after better..

This is really random but I was recently watching some space videos on YouTube that were filmed by astronauts aboard the ISS whilst we all know the properties of space, it's still pretty cool seeing how things operate up there. I think this video answers what everyone is thinking.. You can also find some videos of various experiments they do on video and of course water looks awesome.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
I heard this was a hoax.

What do you guys think of this news?

I mean, it is going to be an expensive journey, regardless. I think it is an ambitious plan but maybe too ambitious.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Evidence there was water on mars has been found, and mars is apparently the closest to our own planet to be able to live on.

I wouldn't go to mars. Not until its proven that you life is not at risk going there. I have a fear of Mars due to the game Doom, and Alien. :p

So did they bring back the waters from Mars?
They can say 100 thing. No.prove no picture it just a bed time story.

Please dont tell me sector 55

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So did they bring back the waters from Mars?
They can say 100 thing. No.prove no picture it just a bed time story.

Please dont tell me sector 55
Ducking facepalm.

Experienced Elementalist
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If only they could broadcast their daily lives on Mars.

This could definitely be a show which I would surely won't miss.

Hope they really could broadcast their daily lives.. Super curious of what could happen on Mars.

Reaction score
This is pretty much a hoax like mentioned in the thread :)

We are a long long way to colonization, the time alone to bring supplies to Mars would takes years.

Rogu3
Reaction score
It all seems very sketchy to me. I mean, it is still questionable whether we actually made it to the moon or not.

Slothstronaut
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It all seems very sketchy to me. I mean, it is still questionable whether we actually made it to the moon or not.

They placed retroreflectors on the moon to prove they were there. There is tons of other proof too, there's no doubt in my mind that we've been to the moon; nowadays going to the moon is just a matter of resources and time.

Back