The ultimate fate of the universe

GammaRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    Relative to YouLocation
    3,206Posts

The ultimate fate of the universe

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

The universe is currently expanding and it is a common theory that this is the result of the ‘Big Bang’ – the universe bursting into existence from a point of infinitely dense and hot material.

http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/newsandeventspggrp/imperialcollege/newssummary/news_30-6-2016-14-4-5#comments
    As we all may know, the common theory and belief is that our existence came about through 'The Big Bang' - as you can read above, the Big Bang is the result of the universe bursting into fruition from an infinitely dense and hot point in space and forming everything that we know of today. Now, there are many theories about the ultimate fate of our universe, as-well as the creation of our universe, from religious, to non-religious. Today we're not going to be discussing the creation, but rather the fate of our universe.

The universe as we know it is expanding at an exponentially fast rate, so eventually it is believed that it will expand to a point where it is cooled too much for life to sustain itself, anywhere, not just on Earth, but throughout the universe (that is, if, there is other life out there of-course but that's a whole 'nother thread in itself that we won't get into today) and something called a Heat Death will occur.

Basically if you don't want to read the entire article a Heat Death is when the universe expands to a point where thermal energy cannot perform 'work' (or the transfer of energy from one system to another) so stars will die out with no more being created, and black holes die out due to Hawking Radiation and no more will form, so all that would be left is a cold state of dark energy, which is something that is still fairly unknown.

So there you have it, a commonly accepted theory of the ultimate fate of the universe is a Heat Death which I just briefly explained. What are your thoughts?

True MemberRank
    Apr 2005 Join Date
    lolLocation
    197Posts

Re: The ultimate fate of the universe

Any answer that i try to develop result in more questions... as ever.

I like the big Crush theory, where 'like a massive black hole' everything will endup in one single point, so the big bang comes again,

but, the only answer i really want is;

Why there is an universe?

And this will be one i'll die dreaming of.
    duh :cloud:

GammaRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    Relative to YouLocation
    3,206Posts

I think my favorite theory is the Big Bounce theory.

Where the universe repeatedly expands and contracts over and over again.

But then again, that just raises the question, would it eventually expand and contract enough times that it 'runs out of energy' and cannot expand or contract anymore period, and the universe just ceases to exist?

True MemberRank
    Apr 2005 Join Date
    lolLocation
    197Posts

there would be need an external factor to make the universe lose energy, something beyond the universe,

i'm too small to understand the universe, it frighten me, cause im bond to my human mind, it is like an Ant trying to understand what a smartphone is,

GammaRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    Relative to YouLocation
    3,206Posts

Quote Originally Posted by paoxbr View Post
    there would be need an external factor to make the universe lose energy, something beyond the universe,

i'm too small to understand the universe, it frighten me, cause im bond to my human mind, it is like an Ant trying to understand what a smartphone is,
    What do you mean by an external factor? Just curious. The universe expanding would cause it to cool down eventually to a point where no energy can be transferred. As for the second part, about being "bound by the human mind" - the human mind is an incredible thing, and we have only begun to understand its capabilities. I like your ant and a smartphone analogy but as time progresses we understand more and more of the universe and the workings of things around us!

True MemberRank
    Apr 2005 Join Date
    lolLocation
    197Posts

no energy transfered, each single one separated, in an endless universe, but what about the black holes, which each energy separated , wouldn't them move faster? maybe enuff to overcome expanding universe, that would be a big crush again hahaha....

Well, i hope technology help us to live more 100 years, enuff to at least to work on a mine in some asteroid.

Some analogy;
    An alien arrives at earth, he study the humans, then he leaves. At his report he says "humans aren't ready".

-He point out that our society haven't achieved an intellectual awareness to survive out in the universe,
    -Humans would be useful in the first decade only as manual workers, since their technology is arcaic, they'd need years of studying and trainning, which will cost alot with no guarantee of return.
    -Earth Defense System is no match to the weakest galactic power, we can't afford to give better techonology to them to defend themself, their society is way too fragmented, they'd end-up killing each other.
    -Their Economy will ruin at the first month if galactic technology be implemented,

I don't know, if aliens came down here, we would be a tourism park, Human Zoo.

Advertisement