Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Please need Help with Light Mapping

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So got 3ds max working and all the plug-ins as well. Managed to export the lightmaps. Having issues with the Lightmap tools. No tutorial on how to use them, managed to convert the files into proper mapped folders.
Can't manage to export obj model file lists onto the .lit files. I have them all on a .txt file but don't have the Lit Editor that Fox recommend to enter them manually. So if you know Fox from Revo and other Rose Projects or anyone that knows HOW to merge the Obj. Lightmap .dds images and add the obj directory to the .lit and .dat list files please Reply or Message Need HELP! So close to mastering the map editing that I can smell and taste making my own maps! If anyone knows the last step to this Light Mapping process please Reply or message me! Thanks! Some totally unnecessary image posting follows :*: Sorry for size...to lazy to resize them and upload them again:*:

THE LIGHT MAP TOOLS AND THE FILES I WAS ABLE TO GENERATE.
AnimalCrackerz - Please need Help with Light Mapping - RaGEZONE Forums

LOOKING FOR THIS GUY! IF YOU KNOW HIM COULD YOU ASK HIM ABOUT THIS PLEASE!!:scared:

*Ohh and on a sidenote if someone walks me thru this final step, or when I figure it out. I will upload needed tools and make an updated tutorial for map creation.*

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Fox works as a developer on i-roseph last i was old.

yeah i have same tools.. they dont work very well..

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks iceland..so nice the 7k..Icon and those guy's did an amazing job on the original version of that client
umm here's the link for xXShidoXx 's Tool repository :
... at the top is the Lighting Tools and Max plugin.
There is 3ds Max 8 that or 9 is compatible with the max scripts, but those max versions are so old you need a xp or vista platform to use them. I'm using 2010 which works fine on Win7 and with Windows 10 without issues. The tools are mostly for the 32bit version of max, to get the Lit mapping conversion Tools working you need to run them at a compatibility setting for Windows XP sp2 not 3, seems to work just a little better on sp2 setting.
Grief these tools are so old that they were State of the Art software when they were built for Windows XP. I believe that MicroSoft issued statements to the effect that after Win 8 no longer would there be backwards compatibility support built into thier future platforms. Gonna invest in a Vista or Win 7 dev computer, expressly for backwards compatibilty of programs :p Anyways does anyone have a Lit Editor? The .lit extension is now claimed for Ebooks by Microsoft. Couldn't find anything on the web about the .lit extensibility so seems that TriggerSoft made their own unique software around the .X modelling extension. Anyone with knowledge or help with a compatible .lit editor and also could use some guidance and or program for merging the multiple .obj dds files into larger .dds containers. BLEH >.<

Upvote 0
Back