Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Is Rose still going strong or......

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi all,

It's been quiet a while since I've developed anything rose related, mostly posted over at the Dev osrose forums but usually check back here to see how things are going every once in a while, I used to run my own PServer ( Eutopia Rose ) but due to family commitments etc I had to stop development.

I find myself now with ample spare time on my hands and was wondering who/what ( if any ) people or files we have to work with nowadays, my last Hdd decided to "break" so I lost all my files ( yeah I know insert sad face here )

I really want to get a Rose project back up an running again with a small team ether that or go at it solo.

So to break it down the main Q's I have are:

1. What client and server files do we have atm that are working and by working I mean download links are good, server files are okay but might need some work and a decent client version to match those server files

2.Who's left in the community that has some spare time on their hands to start with this project, if no one is able to then I don't mind going solo :)

Thanks in advance all

P.s Hi purple I never did get to fix that vending error on my EVO server, think it might have been my fault somehow though by not executing the server files properly :/
See here to jog your memory lol

Anyways looking forward to hearing from you all, it's good to be back and I've got high hopes about starting a Rose server again :)
Mark.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
To be honest Rose has seen better days.
I am Kinda working on a rose project but its not going very well at the moment.
my devs are been AWOL alot and a lot other pressing matters that i preferred not to go public with.

as rose is aging it did not progress like it should have as a MMO game.... its kinda been over pickled and preserved.
to the point where its stale to a lot of players.
not a lot NEW players are interested into the game as well.
There are some but the numbers are not very high.

Its Great that you want to host up your own and i hope you get some type of team... but you may find it hard as a lot of the devs for rose are no longer around or moved on.

there some old goodies like purple <3 i was out of rose for a while but i am slowly missing it so i been brining a small group to revive what i can with a new server....

I wish you the best... Let me know if you do host up i might come and have a look at it.

Best Regards.
-SirIce

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Agreed with ice.
Time flies and rose gets more and more aged. If you have that much spare time you can give it a shot, and try to build a good server, wich is kind of hard seeing the current servers that are still online nowadays.
Still, I wish you good luck.
If you come up with something worthy, I wont mind giving a hand on any question you might have here on ragezone as long as I can help.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
To be honest Rose has seen better days.

Yeah I agree, it was good while it lasted than I suppose, I had a quick browse around to see what files were/are available, there's lots of lost content ( Clients, server packs etc ) which can probably never be recovered now due to the fact that like you say, most of the older guys/gals have moved on

hey mark. if you are interested just hit me up.

Tbh, I'm probably gonna leave Rose where it belongs now, in the past as a happy memory.

Thanks to both of you for your replies, now to have a look at what other options there are pServer wise :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Osirose is going strong these days, as you can see on our github there's been updates almost everydays.
Also having someone like raven in the staff is really a bless, he's been working on rose since forever and knows both the client and the server like the back of his pocket.
Osirose will also probably provide you a client that will be easily modable along with some new cool features ( can't say more, i can't spoil you ;) )

edit : one of them is now public

still think rose id dead ? ahahahahahaahah

I also know a few projects that will be open source but are private as of now ( annnd trust me those are GOOD )

I'm not agreeing with you at all, these day the rose sauce is heating up once again and its been a while since !

Yeah I agree, it was good while it lasted than I suppose, I had a quick browse around to see what files were/are available, there's lots of lost content ( Clients, server packs etc ) which can probably never be recovered now due to the fact that like you say, most of the older guys/gals have moved on

Anything that is useful is still findable.
Clients :
Tools :
Sources :

( all those are public clients and public tools i collected on RZ and Osrose ( i forgot to upload KTrose pre evo but you can find it on osrose) )

When it comes to server files they are all here.
You can find the evo source easily
You can find various versions of osrose easily ( dev rev 5 , 4 , animalcrakerz release )
You can find Genyaa rose easily
You can find Arcturus and some fixes on ragezone or using QQirose ect...
You can find Pre evo such as KTrose and Osprose easily
And you can find Irose source such as Osirose I and osirose II easily.

And and by the way if any of you want to be useful come and help us on Osirose II.
Its a clean project with documentation, modern coding styles and using modern tools.
Don't be little faggots doing things alone, Join us and make the game progress.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You can help Raven0123 if you want to.

He's working on OsiRose, just go on the osrose forum and look at his new thread. He posted github link

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Osirose is going strong these days, as you can see on our github there's been updates almost everydays.
Also having someone like raven in the staff is really a bless, he's been working on rose since forever and knows both the client and the server like the back of his pocket.
Osirose will also probably provide you a client that will be easily modable along with some new cool features ( can't say more, i can't spoil you ;) )

edit : one of them is now public

still think rose id dead ? ahahahahahaahah

I also know a few projects that will be open source but are private as of now ( annnd trust me those are GOOD )

I'm not agreeing with you at all, these day the rose sauce is heating up once again and its been a while since !

Anything that is useful is still findable.
Clients :
Tools :
Sources :

( all those are public clients and public tools i collected on RZ and Osrose ( i forgot to upload KTrose pre evo but you can find it on osrose) )

When it comes to server files they are all here.
You can find the evo source easily
You can find various versions of osrose easily ( dev rev 5 , 4 , animalcrakerz release )
You can find Genyaa rose easily
You can find Arcturus and some fixes on ragezone or using QQirose ect...
You can find Pre evo such as KTrose and Osprose easily
And you can find Irose source such as Osirose I and osirose II easily.

And and by the way if any of you want to be useful come and help us on Osirose II.
Its a clean project with documentation, modern coding styles and using modern tools.
Don't be little faggots doing things alone, Join us and make the game progress.

Whats with dev rev 6??

Back