Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Section is dead ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is this section dead ? I dont see any tutorial up-to-date.
All link are dead and dated 2010-2014.
There is barely a fews threads made in 2015.

But I see some new servers coming out like Clash-Rose.com
Where did they get their server files ?
Are they using Irose or osIrose or Arcturus ?

I tried using google etc to find a forum that is currently active for the development of iRose but there is absolutly nothing !

Last edited by a moderator:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
There's not many active people on here anymore.
If you need a tutorial for arcturus, you can try arcturusdev.com.
Although theres a lot of work to be done on it still.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Pretty much because all the devs that were active on rose grew out of it.
Speaking for myself back when we were on osirose it was very fun at start but after some time passed it kind of bored everyone and then people left the project one by one.

I don't think anyone is left developing something ( maybe purple ? ).
Also there's one thing you have to know about the rose world : everyone was a witch, i've been trying to be a part of every open source project and aside from a very tiny handful of people the rest were just here to leak stuff and use it for their own purpose.
With such a crappy dev community the development has been dead a long time ago, hence why you only get very old thread and server files that are meh.

The only "hope" for anything original anymore is to use the Malaysia evo files, they work but there's quite some annoying bugs and even the compiling of it is horrendous.

TLDR : There's no hope.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Most the legacy devs have pretty much uncovered as much knowledge as they wanted from ROSE and got bored.
Almost all the information is out there if you want to develop your own tools.

I think purple's just learning from the source code. Hijakob from RISE is doing a great job developing his server.
Most people in the past just didn't want to share anything and keep it for their own servers and to grow their own ego like ICON.
To this day ICON is still trying to sell his iROSE source for like $1000, actually hilarious to me.
Obviously there were people who shared their knowledge like brett19, xadet and exjam etc. but iROSE was somewhat a taboo at
the time, larger servers were ddosing smaller ones. I heard ICON was using vulnerabilities to blackmail small servers to paying him for his
'fix' and files. Basically there were amazing people in the community but the bad eggs just actively tried to weave out servers for their
own ambition/money which overshadowed the good some people were doing.

The evo source takes some time and work but it all compiles but I don't think many people are interested in evo, everyone's
too focused on iROSE.

I think a lot of people have the same thought as you and that's exactly why the community's pretty much died.
That's why I'm trying to make it easier for individuals new to this community to start their own server since interest drives development.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Most the legacy devs have pretty much uncovered as much knowledge as they wanted from ROSE and got bored.
Almost all the information is out there if you want to develop your own tools.

I think purple's just learning from the source code. Hijakob from RISE is doing a great job developing his server.
Most people in the past just didn't want to share anything and keep it for their own servers and to grow their own ego like ICON.
To this day ICON is still trying to sell his iROSE source for like $1000, actually hilarious to me.
Obviously there were people who shared their knowledge like brett19, xadet and exjam etc. but iROSE was somewhat a taboo at
the time, larger servers were ddosing smaller ones. I heard ICON was using vulnerabilities to blackmail small servers to paying him for his
'fix' and files. Basically there were amazing people in the community but the bad eggs just actively tried to weave out servers for their
own ambition/money which overshadowed the good some people were doing.

The evo source takes some time and work but it all compiles but I don't think many people are interested in evo, everyone's
too focused on iROSE.

I think a lot of people have the same thought as you and that's exactly why the community's pretty much died.
That's why I'm trying to make it easier for individuals new to this community to start their own server since interest drives development.

I got the evo client and server sources with some fixes (from what i can remember a few gameplay fixes, the client sound fix and some name bugging fix )
Perhaps i should release the source + compile ? That is if anyone has a tiny bit of interest for evo.
i wish a japanese team would leak us jrose tho, played on it a bit its quite fun.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
No developers everyone keeping everything to them selves even if we make a public svn for files people will just add their own poop and keep it for them selves instead of everyone working on something together , its something called greed just find something and leech it and call it yours :). I my self am looking for a dev team to work on iRose with me but yeah heh no luck you can't trust any one any more..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well my plan is to start a new iROSE server, I'm learning c++ but I know other language like JAVA, php (pdo poo etc), css
I actually own a dedicated server of 32gb ram with 1Gbs connection per port.
Hosted in offshore :)

I'll try to make new thing for the community, I got around 100 complete C.M.S I can convert for Rose Online.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that's what people did in the past. I remember people saying they or their dev made them a launcher or website and it was so obviously just ripped and reskinned but since ROSE has died, luckily a lot of them have been weeded out aswell.

I don't get the mentality of people saying there are no contributors and yet they themselves won't publicly release anything because other people will just leech it. There has always been more leechers than contributors since that's just the nature of people, if that bothers you then just never make anything public.

With noone willing to contribute or share knowledge, development just ceases and dies like what's happening currently.
People have different values, e.g. I'm only doing what I am doing because I want to learn and improve, some do it for the community, some for monetary gain, and that's fine too, just don't make lame excuses. If you only release something so other people can help you develop it then you only really wanted to help yourself. I don't recall exjam, brett, xadet complaining about people leeching their git repositories and developing them.

I think only Hij is developing iRose files and rest are using arcturus since the leaked source is somewhat broken.

Edit:
I would be interested if you did something in java since it's the language i'm most fluent in :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, I will be using arcturus files, since I can't find iROSE one beside a chinese website that need "gold" to buy it.
Doing a new emulator in java will take too much time and i'm learning c++ which is the language of the current source.

about them I know how it work aha.. I've been a admin for a programmer community, there'll always be leecher but hey, we have to share tough.
All design and css code are under copyrighted license and won't be afraid to take action if there anything not respected.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Learning C++ and C# is on my list but probably won't get around to it until I graduate university this year.
I think I already have too much going on tbh. Making arcturusCMS as a pass time to do more with PHP, arcturusDev.com as a knowledge database and probably some free tools in java if I have time while doing content dev and other nonROSE Projects + uni.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Learning C++ and C# is on my list but probably won't get around to it until I graduate university this year.
I think I already have too much going on tbh. Making arcturusCMS as a pass time to do more with PHP, arcturusDev.com as a knowledge database and probably some free tools in java if I have time while doing content dev and other nonROSE Projects + uni.

Okay, yeah I do it on pass time too.
I actually use your website to setup my arcturus server but I actually got a problem that i state on another thread.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Answered on your thread :)

Also Purpleyouko, I'm wondering how you read all the information on your kuro-tejina website or calders version of it.
If you don't mind me asking, do you read the client files directly or did you extract all the client data into i.e. json and then read it?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Also Purpleyouko, I'm wondering how you read all the information on your kuro-tejina website or calders version of it.
If you don't mind me asking, do you read the client files directly or did you extract all the client data into i.e. json and then read it?

He is actually using javascript to load the image using jscon.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I meant the STB/STL/QSD data and Calder's remake of kuro-tejina's IFO/LTB? data specifically :p

Reaction score
Sadly. The section is dying, Though there isn't much to do about it, unless a whole group of people start getting back into it again.
Though,If any of you have any ideas to get the section built back up, Free feel to tell me, and we can see what we can work out!

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Indeed this section is almost dead.

Indeed nothing is shared.

I've developped in the shadows for a long, long time for small servers, just giving a hand because I want to learn. Internet is based on sharing, and community experiences, and it has to be like that but not everyone can think this way.
The experience was great, as for I learnt alot, and almost all my knowledge so far comes from my rose experience.

Now another point is some people may have spent months, years , alot of time you know.. Working on their things. That justifies the fact they don't wish it just leaked and used by some people that just wish to profit rather than anything.
And the experience was just great.. I mean almost all my knowledge so far comes from my R.O.S.E experience.

If a real open source project with serious members and solid devs happen to come to life. I will ne glad to join in. I can probably help there and still be able to watch after my own things.

Hij.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If I were allowed to use the Irose source with a dev team ill gladly start a project until then ill have to ask permission.

Last of the OsRose Devs
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Also @Purpleyouko, I'm wondering how you read all the information on your kuro-tejina website or calders version of it.

All the data on my websites just comes from the client files.
The only exception is the drops which are sadly out of date now but actually came directly from the NARose dev team. I worked with leo quite a bit in the past to help develop their drops and stuff.

I have a number of parsing tools that I built to help me navigate around all the files and the way they interact, especially the CON, QSD
stuff.

Rick Calder's version of my Kuro-tejina website was designed to streamline the way the data is presented but sadly he ran out of available time before it was even close to being finished with it. He's way better at the web development end of things than I am. My version is all PHP and cross linked SQL queries so it can be a bit slow.

As for Rose development, I haven't had teh chance to really work on anything for quite a while now but I haven't given up on it. I'm still around to answer any technical questions that people may have.
I also have a fully working (but not entirely finished or bug free) version of the evo source along with a donor client (evo 137) that I can run with a modified osrose server. The client source is fully compilable in VS2010.
Anyone who wants it can have a copy of the full set up.
I might, at some point, set up a completely new project for it at osrose with support provided here. It depends what time I have available.

The one ting I will never do again is become an official member of anyone's dev team. I can't and won't devote that much time and effort to it for such little reward ever again. I do waht i do because i love Rose. that's it in a nutshell.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So me asking the status of the dev website causes my post to be deleted ?
I need that website to actually do some "game development" related stuff. Most of the code/tutorials on that website are not here.
Please, don't delete something when I try to get some life back in this game.

Kind regards,
Hoegarden31

Back