Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Section is dead ?

Reaction score
So me asking the status of the dev website causes my post to be deleted ?
I need that website to actually do some "game development" related stuff. Most of the code/tutorials on that website are not here.
Please, don't delete something when I try to get some life back in this game.

Kind regards,
Hoegarden31

Discussion of any other development site is not allowed in the forums, no matter how in need this forum section is,
If that site had more information, Than someone should release that information for here also, to those who visit, and are interested in "Rose Online".
I'm doing my job and moderating via the rules. Hope you understand,

-Henmoro

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
In that case, my apologize.
I know that we can't advertise outside sources but didn't know talking is included in that rule.
Anyway thanks for the heads up. And hope people come back (now that there are new tools to play with :p)

Reaction score
In that case, my apologize.
I know that we can't advertise outside sources but didn't know talking is included in that rule.
Anyway thanks for the heads up. And hope people come back (now that there are new tools to play with :p)

I really hope so! I don't know much about the game my self, I just requested to moderate this section, because one of my ign's for games is Rose. - So development wise, I may not be of any use, - However if I can do anything to help the section, please let me know, I'll do anything I can,

Last of the OsRose Devs
Loyal Member
Reaction score
When did it become a moderating rule that we were not allowed to discuss other sites.
That was never a rule when I was a mod here.
The people that come here are pretty much the same people that go over there too except for a few new people who don't know where to find the resources that they need. I think that it's likely that we will drive people away completely if we don't allow some kind of back and forth discussions on both sites.

I am an admin on that other site and i always make every attempt to steer people to wherever they can get the best help for their problem. I frequently send people here if a particular discussion might be helpful to them. I also split my time pretty much equally between here and there, despite the fact that i was unceremoniously kicked out as a mod here just for taking a vacation (with full disclosure before the event as per the rules). I'm still kind of annoyed about that but I got over it.

When it comes to useful tools and stuff it would be pretty much impossible to bring everything over here physically.
Those aren't just links.
The tools are actually hosted there.

PS
It's good to have an actual Mod here again and I'm glad that you actually requested this thankless position. We haven't had a decent Mod for ages.
I just hope that you will do your job in such a way that it will help the game and the people rather than mindlessly sticking to rules that do the exact opposite.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The only way for this section to even get close to actual people giving interest to it Is by releasing tools / sources until then nothing is going to happen here , I try to help here as much as possible try to talk to people who are actually interested in doing something but there isn't any chance of anything happening , typical people looking to leach and keeping everything for them selves...

Quick Edit : Message me if u wanna talk about something on skype or whatever you guys do , I like to talk about rose even though i left it a while ago but I have a good feeling that someday rose will be as popular well not really as popular as it used to , We just need more people to go active once again.

People have just been making garbage arcturus servers laziness is insane with bratok rose client. Jesus god.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
All the data on my websites just comes from the client files.
The only exception is the drops which are sadly out of date now but actually came directly from the NARose dev team. I worked with leo quite a bit in the past to help develop their drops and stuff.

I have a number of parsing tools that I built to help me navigate around all the files and the way they interact, especially the CON, QSD
stuff.

Interesting, wouldn't it take considerably longer to parse the STB/STL/etc formats rather than using json or sqlite alternatives?

The only way for this section to even get close to actual people giving interest to it Is by releasing tools / sources until then nothing is going to happen here , I try to help here as much as possible try to talk to people who are actually interested in doing something but there isn't any chance of anything happening , typical people looking to leach and keeping everything for them selves...

Quick Edit : Message me if u wanna talk about something on skype or whatever you guys do , I like to talk about rose even though i left it a while ago but I have a good feeling that someday rose will be as popular well not really as popular as it used to , We just need more people to go active once again.

People have just been making garbage arcturus servers laziness is insane with bratok rose client. Jesus god.

Why do people insist on others to release their tools and sources rather than using all the knowledge that has already been shared to actually get off their butt and do something themselves.

I mean I have university, part time job and currently working on multiple projects yet I still find 1 hour a day reading up information and working on my own ROSE projects and helping other people with their servers; also there are people who have been working for months or years on their projects so it makes no sense that they are obligated to share anything with people who have done nothing but merely wait.

Everything you need and more has already been released or leaked, so there's not really any excuse.
People that keep asking for more just seem like they are too lazy to do anything and want others to spoon feed them. If you can't contribute to the community with the mass of knowledge that has already been accumulated then you are more than likely just what you are calling others, a leecher.
If you want to generate interest then it's more viable to make it more user friendly for new blood and create a new generation of pirates, kappa.
xXryuShinXx - Section is dead ? - RaGEZONE Forums

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Interesting, wouldn't it take considerably longer to parse the STB/STL/etc formats rather than using json or sqlite alternatives?

Why do people insist on others to release their tools and sources rather than using all the knowledge that has already been shared to actually get off their butt and do something themselves.

I mean I have university, part time job and currently working on multiple projects yet I still find 1 hour a day reading up information and working on my own ROSE projects and helping other people with their servers; also there are people who have been working for months or years on their projects so it makes no sense that they are obligated to share anything with people who have done nothing but merely wait.

Everything you need and more has already been released or leaked, so there's not really any excuse.
People that keep asking for more just seem like they are too lazy to do anything and want others to spoon feed them. If you can't contribute to the community with the mass of knowledge that has already been accumulated then you are more than likely just what you are calling others, a leecher.
If you want to generate interest then it's more viable to make it more user friendly for new blood and create a new generation of pirates, kappa.

Well some (i guess and hope so) have client source codes and official stuff but don't want to share. It is hard for anyone to reverse engineer game engines and client exe's.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's not a necessity to use the official client source, there are many alternatives. Even if the complete official source was released, the mass of people that have done nothing but wait for the source wouldn't even know how to compile it without others spoon feeding them. Instead of complaining that nobody is releasing sources, you can spend your time doing something more productive.

Last of the OsRose Devs
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It's not a necessity to use the official client source, there are many alternatives. Even if the complete official source was released, the mass of people that have done nothing but wait for the source wouldn't even know how to compile it without others spoon feeding them. Instead of complaining that nobody is releasing sources, you can spend your time doing something more productive.
Well said.
I have the source for evo 137 and I've offered to share it with anyone who wants it.
I've even pre-compiled all the peripheral projects and put them into a donor 137 client.
I also have a modified osrose server that works with it rather than messing with the nasty server that is also fully included in this source.

As far as I am aware I'm one of 3 or 4 people who have ever managed to get this source to compile and run as a usable client.

I will gladly share what i have. Tools, sources, whatever.
What I am not willing to do is get on skype with people or log onto their PCs to set the thing up for them.
I will write guides, research ways to make the game do whatever anyone wants, make tools and editors.
Anything really.
I just wish a lot of others would actually put some time into really learning about the resources that we have.

On another note, it probably wouldn't be very easy to use anything like a Json feed to get data from the client files. We can capture packets from the official NARose server to get all the drops in a given area and I have done that. It's not very efficient though due to the way the packets are handled. You need to be in visible range of a drop in order to get the data and even then you have to decode the packet, process it and upload it to a database. I have all the tools to do that if need be. I made them myself.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I managed to compile the v137 evo , was quite the task though took me a few weeks lol.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just FYI, Megamax and PY have already released EVO source and everything people need here https://forum.ragezone.com/f291/release-roseonline-official-source-code-969739/index16.html and no one tried to work with them.

Releasing irose source or anything will not change anything, we already have amazing stuff here and no one try to work or learn from it, almost everyone is waiting for more leaked stuff, that's why you will never see files or server as good or better than aruarose or iroseph.

137 source is the best think that you could have, I did ton of things with them and even if I have irose sources full working with all the bugs fixed, I'm sticking with 137 as PY do.

And again just for information, shido files are nothing more than the PY 137 files with sound on debug that I have compiled for him on teamviewer -__-'

Just give a try to PY files before saying than nothing is released and community is dead and maybe i will be fine to help later.

PS: for people that will get motivation to work on it, use VS2010, DO NO USE VS2015, even if I managed irose/137 to compile on it with success, this is a hard task.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think i can manage doing a already fixed up compile errors evo source that i can put on here , if people are willing to Ducking work on it , than i will just put the dl link for it , ill make it easier too if you guys want me to make a brief tutorial about how to compile it but lets just see for now

Last of the OsRose Devs
Loyal Member
Reaction score
My latest version has sound activated also.
I had it hosted as a mercurial repo on Google but they've stopped hosting code now so I will need to make a new repo using git on github when I get around to it.
Not sure when that will be yet. It somewhat depends on how much interest anyone has in it. No point uploading it all if nobody gives a crap or is willing to actually work with it

Reaction score
Honestly, the whole rose online section needs cleaning. Every time I come to this site or osrose
it's filled with the same old poop "plz halp me sir". We need harder dictating, aka read the faq and delete violating posts.
This is the stuff that stops me from reading here and helping people with actual questions.

PS: for people that will get motivation to work on it, use VS2010, DO NO USE VS2015, even if I managed irose/137 to compile on it with success, this is a hard task.

This took me like 15 minutes to do, it's not really hard.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Even ASking for help that some of us didnt manage to fix some bugz
no one Comment or Reply
our Post threads

I hope my question will get Reply.

Possible FIx For:
In Pk map when Double Clicking Get DC
And A Portal warp when enter to next portal Get DC too.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
The osIROSE project is alive again. I am currently in full rewrite mode to improve the ease of maintaining the server base code.

Back